Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/14/2004 6:41:58 PM EST
This whole thing with the AWB, and now the state proposed AWB has forced me to look into who my representitives are. At the state level I have Beida and Olshove, and of course and the Governor is Jennifer Granholm. At the Federal level I have Sander Levin, Debbie Stabenow and Carl Levin. Even the mayor in my city is a Demonrat.

Bush is the my only elected official who is not a flaming leftist. Am I the only conservative left in Macomb County?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:18:42 AM EST

Originally Posted By motown_steve:
This whole thing with the AWB, and now the state proposed AWB has forced me to look into who my representitives are. At the state level I have Beida and Olshove, and of course and the Governor is Jennifer Granholm. At the Federal level I have Sander Levin, Debbie Stabenow and Carl Levin. Even the mayor in my city is a Demonrat.

Bush is the my only elected official who is not a flaming leftist. Am I the only conservative left in Macomb County?

I feel your pain!

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:51:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 5:52:04 AM EST by monkeyman]
I'm with you Bro! A fellow Macomb county resident.

Brass Roots and some of the other gun groups in MI will get on the stick and beat down any AWB.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:03:55 AM EST
Just thank God that the rest of the state is there to balance out the SE corner.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:07:36 PM EST

Bush is the my only elected official who is not a flaming leftist.

It is the same for me in Genesee County. I have all Dumbocraps "representing" me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:52:06 AM EST
We moved to the Kalkaska area 10 yrs ago and our County went for Gore in the last election... ( all the retired downstaters I suppose)
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:47:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By crowboy:
We moved to the Kalkaska area 10 yrs ago and our County went for Gore in the last election... ( all the retired downstaters I suppose)

Naw, I wasn't the downstaters. It was all the union people from Eagle Pitcher, Dura, and the rest of the welfare folks.

I lived in the subdivision behind the strip mall/ grocery store on the NW corner of 131 & 72 until 2001, when I moved to the armpit of the state for a job... Ypsilanti / A2. Where abouts are you?

Kent
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:45:47 AM EST

Nope, the wife and I (and most of our families except the stupid ones, every family's gone one ) are all conservatives and we all live in Macomb. We need to get involved politically.

A guy at our local Kroger hit us up for a petition - usually I blow them off because their either liberals or idiots or both, but this guy was a die hard conservative trying to get on the ballot for Representative (IIRC)! I can't remember his name -- he ran out of cards to give out-- but we signed on. I didn't lead him on at all and he was telling me what I wanted to hear -- pro gun, Republican, pro punishment of criminals... you name it. He wanted to get a conservative voice in the MI government. I just can't remember the guy's name.

If anyone knows of him, he was at the Kroger at Harper and 13 (I think it's 13, anyway) a few months ago. Nice guy, I'd love to see him elected.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:45:49 AM EST
I grew up in Macomb -- moved to Lapeer County as quick as I could. Lapeer county is as good as it gets in Southeast Michigan -- almost totally Republican.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:12:35 AM EST
I spoke too soon. There are *alot* of Kerry signs -- even in Lapeer county. Probably a 50/50 split on Kerry/Bush signs (which is alarming considering how few Gore signs there were last election).

Michigan is not looking good for Bush...

On a positive note, Bush appears to be staying even with Kerry nationally. I believe he was down 10% in the polls this time last election.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:18:54 AM EST
Honestly, while I've seen a lot of Kerry signs, I'm seeing more Bush signs than I thought I would... Around the Warren/SH/Fraser/Roseville area.

I do, however, need to stop staring at people on 696 with Kerry stickers on their cars. It's like a huge "I'm an idiot" sign, and I have to look and shake my head disapprovingly...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:25:42 AM EST

Originally Posted By macman37:
Honestly, while I've seen a lot of Kerry signs, I'm seeing more Bush signs than I thought I would... Around the Warren/SH/Fraser/Roseville area.

I do, however, need to stop staring at people on 696 with Kerry stickers on their cars. It's like a huge "I'm an idiot" sign, and I have to look and shake my head disapprovingly...

+1

I see a lot of them going north on 75 after work out of the downtown area...

Top Top