Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 7:41:58 PM EDT
This whole thing with the AWB, and now the state proposed AWB has forced me to look into who my representitives are. At the state level I have Beida and Olshove, and of course and  the Governor is Jennifer Granholm. At the Federal level I have Sander Levin, Debbie Stabenow and Carl Levin. Even the mayor in my city is a Demonrat.

Bush is the my only elected official who is not a flaming leftist. Am I the only conservative left in Macomb County?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:18:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This whole thing with the AWB, and now the state proposed AWB has forced me to look into who my representitives are. At the state level I have Beida and Olshove, and of course and  the Governor is Jennifer Granholm. At the Federal level I have Sander Levin, Debbie Stabenow and Carl Levin. Even the mayor in my city is a Demonrat.

Bush is the my only elected official who is not a flaming leftist. Am I the only conservative left in Macomb County?

I feel your pain!

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:51:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm with you Bro! A fellow Macomb county resident.

Brass Roots and some of the other gun groups in MI will get on the stick and beat down any AWB.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Just thank God that the rest of the state is there to balance out the SE corner.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Bush is the my only elected official who is not a flaming leftist.

It is the same for me in Genesee County.  I have all Dumbocraps "representing" me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:52:06 AM EDT
[#5]
We moved to the Kalkaska area 10 yrs ago and our County went for Gore in the last election... ( all the retired downstaters I suppose)
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:47:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
We moved to the Kalkaska area 10 yrs ago and our County went for Gore in the last election... ( all the retired downstaters I suppose)

Naw, I wasn't the downstaters.  It was all the union people from Eagle Pitcher, Dura, and the rest of the welfare folks.

I lived in the subdivision behind the strip mall/ grocery store on the NW corner of 131 & 72 until 2001, when I moved to the armpit of the state for a job... Ypsilanti / A2.  Where abouts are you?

Kent
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Nope, the wife and I (and most of our families except the stupid ones, every family's gone one ) are all conservatives and we all live in Macomb. We need to get involved politically.

A guy at our local Kroger hit us up for a petition - usually I blow them off because their either liberals or idiots or both, but this guy was a die hard conservative trying to get on the ballot for Representative (IIRC)! I can't remember his name -- he ran out of cards to give out-- but we signed on. I didn't lead him on at all and he was telling me what I wanted to hear -- pro gun, Republican, pro punishment of criminals... you name it. He wanted to get a conservative voice in the MI government. I just can't remember the guy's name.

If anyone knows of him, he was at the Kroger at Harper and 13 (I think it's 13, anyway) a few months ago. Nice guy, I'd love to see him elected.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:45:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I grew up in Macomb -- moved to Lapeer County as quick as I could.  Lapeer county is as good as it gets in Southeast Michigan -- almost totally Republican.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:12:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I spoke too soon.  There are *alot* of Kerry signs -- even in Lapeer county.  Probably a 50/50 split on Kerry/Bush signs (which is alarming considering how few Gore signs there were last election).  

Michigan is not looking good for Bush...

On a positive note, Bush appears to be staying even with Kerry nationally.  I believe he was down 10% in the polls this time last election.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:18:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Honestly, while I've seen a lot of Kerry signs, I'm seeing more Bush signs than I thought I would... Around the Warren/SH/Fraser/Roseville area.

I do, however, need to stop staring at people on 696 with Kerry stickers on their cars. It's like a huge "I'm an idiot" sign, and I have to look and shake my head disapprovingly...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Honestly, while I've seen a lot of Kerry signs, I'm seeing more Bush signs than I thought I would... Around the Warren/SH/Fraser/Roseville area.

I do, however, need to stop staring at people on 696 with Kerry stickers on their cars. It's like a huge "I'm an idiot" sign, and I have to look and shake my head disapprovingly...

+1

I see a lot of them going north on 75 after work out of the downtown area...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top