Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/16/2004 6:34:57 PM EDT
 Well since we had such a good time last saturday , with the shooting an grilling..... I am up for bringing the grill again, with some hotdogs & burgers!.... hell we can make a day of it!....

I have stocked up on more ammo, & clay birds!.. an the wife plans on attending this time.. she wants some trigger time!

lets see if this time someone can pick off that groundhog!...

colt!
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there this time round. We still doing it on Sunday I presume?

A few of us are hitting my local flea market/gun show extravaganza on Saturday so I might have a new toy to bring down if my hunt goes well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:29:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, my understanding is that it's scheduled for Sunday.  I hope to have the wife and possibly a guest or two.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Suppossed to be at the Ohio River (Aberdeen-OH) all weekend....
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll bring a grill too. Ive got about 3 boxes of clay pigeons too

Colt_sniper, bring a box of tishas for glimmerman so he can dry his tears after I crush his every hope of busting a pigeon
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You know, I have to get off my lazy ass and get my shotgun back from my worthless brother. Everytime we do a Millers shoot I'm the only boob without a scatter gun. That's ok, it wouldn't matter if I had a $25,000 Perazzi, I'd still miss.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll have one you can use, if needed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I'll likely have an extra pump gun as well.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Colt_sniper, bring a box of tishas for glimmerman so he can dry his tears after I crush his every hope of busting a pigeon

Go get yourself a headset and some gloves and we'll kickbox.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys are too violent.
Crazy gun nuts.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You wanna do battle son!? I dont need no headset or no gluvs!

I comes from the streets and I keeps it reel so dont be frontin for I havta smacka ho!

belaydat!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I see a rumble brewing!

"In this corner, weighing in at (your weight here), slightly resembling Steven Seagal and wearing Marpat, GLIMMERMAN!!!"

"And in this corner, weighing in at (not a clue), the fiery Irish Bullpup, the clay busting JOHNNY MCELDOO!!!!!"

LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!

Bringing my chair and some popcorn!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Where's this at?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You wanna do battle son!? I dont need no headset or no gluvs!

I comes from the streets and I keeps it reel so dont be frontin for I havta smacka ho!

belaydat!!

yo I'm da only one dats smackin hos up n da crib yo
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
yo I'm da only one dats smackin hos up n da crib yo

Your moufs passing checks your bank account cant cash!

I got chunks a guys like you floatin around in my stools!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Where's this at?

www.millercampground.com/Contact.htm
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#16]
JME, I'm getting a little bit worried for you.
Where do you learn to talk that way?

Y'all bringin' pop cans for targets?
I've got a computer/case to blow to hell.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:51:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I still have a case of Wally World crapola pop from the last time. Sure as hell ain't drinking it. If nothing else I was going to use it to unclog my drains.

I'm working on a pop-can launcher made from PVC, haven't quite ironed it out yet, but if I get it running that might make the scatterguns happy.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:31:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
JME, I'm getting a little bit worried for you.
Where do you learn to talk that way?

Yeah, I'll be bringing a few cases of pop in addition to an old PC as well.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:24:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm hoping to make it, pending some family obligations.

Would a clay-pigeon thrower be useful? I've got one mounted on a wheeled cart. Or are you just sitting the clays on the berm for targets?

What should the new guy bring?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Bring a really long stick, because the new guy holds the targets.

Seriously, in ARFCOM tradition, we do both.
On the berm and in the air.
The really cheap pop is fun to shoot.
Root beer and red pop are the best when it comes to foamin up and making geysers.
Diet pop attracts fewers bees, though.
We don't tend to do much "quality" shooting.  
Mainly "quantity" shooting.
Bring something to drink.  Sometimes it gets hot.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#21]

We don't tend to do much "quality" shooting.  
Mainly "quantity" shooting.

So don't bring anything with a scope, then?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#22]
My AR has a 4x scope.
kind of good for pop cans.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#23]
We shoot from 50-75 yards usually.

Anybody gonna mow the field, Saturday?
I might come out.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

What should the new guy bring?

If you have any old small appliances like computers and whatnot you can bring those. Millers shooters are required to make such sacrificial offerings to the berm so as to keep in good standing with the camper folk who inhabit the campground. Making the camper folk upset can be bad for your health...Deliverence style bad
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Update people:

I may be able to attend the Sunday shoot..... Wife seems to think I can leave Aberdeen Sunday to be with the boyz.

I have placed a post at the Subguns "Shooting Events" board, trying to get some more of the Ohio BCR's in attendance with more full auto for people to see-enjoy (besides the noise factor), and have fielded an e-mail from a fella in Indianapolis who would like to possibly attend.
Shooting Event Board posting

I have a confirm that Eddie wants to be there, Randy (fella with BP mortar and belt feeders) will most likely be in Ky, he is upset he cannot attend from the looks of his subguns post. Mike G mailed me about the time we had the May shoot, he was house shopping in Centerville when we had the May shoot, he wanted to stop in, but could not fit in schedule. He is here from TX now from the look of his e-mail addy.
Eddie
Randy
Mike G

I have another fella from the Lebanon area who mailed a few months back, if I can find his addy, I'm going to forward this URL, he said he has a MG42.

How about a Friday evening mow-down and prep? I would like to see this shoot look good for those in attendance.  May was a good primer.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I have another fella from the Lebanon area who mailed a few months back, if I can find his addy, I'm going to forward this URL, he said he has a MG42.

How about a Friday evening mow-down and prep? I would like to see this shoot look good for those in attendance.  May was a good primer.

Ooohh!  Ooohh!  MG42.  yes. yes. very good.

I'm free Saturday, if anyone wants to do cleanup.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Glad to see some Class II guys will show, that's always great to see!

It sure makes me feel like a bottom feeder tho! hehe. Oh well, someday when I grow up I'll be a REAL gun collector!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I see a rumble brewing!

"In this corner, weighing in at (your weight here), slightly resembling Steven Seagal and wearing Marpat, GLIMMERMAN!!!"

"And in this corner, weighing in at (not a clue), the fiery Irish Bullpup, the clay busting JOHNNY MCELDOO!!!!!"

LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!

y'all aint right  

may have unexpected family obligations will have to see how it shakes out
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Quoted:
I see a rumble brewing!

LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!

y'all aint right  

So what you're saying is some of us are left, right???
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I see a rumble brewing!

LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!

y'all aint right  

smarta$$
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:23:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I see a rumble brewing!

LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!

y'all aint right  

smarta$$

I could be a dumb ass.

Oh ya, I already am.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I could be a dumb ass.

Oh ya, I already am.

you'll get no arguement here  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#33]
OK........ what day are we actually going to shoot on???? saturday or sunday????...... so i dont show up on the wrong day!....

COLT!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Sunday, that is what I have told people who plan to come visit.

Got reply;   RE: MG42,  he will not be able to attend, other plans already.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Sunday, that is what I have told people who plan to come visit.

Got reply;   RE: MG42,  he will not be able to attend, other plans already.

OK, you're dis-invited now.
Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:49:23 AM EDT
[#36]
So does this mean I have to hold targets on a long stick now to be re-invited?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
So does this mean I have to hold targets on a long stick now to be re-invited?

Make sure you wear tactical clothes!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Well youv'e seen us shoot. It better be a damn long stick
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#39]
I think i am set..... got the grill ready..  got 2 more cases of clay's. an i broke down an bought a real launcher, not that over sized flyswater we were using.. last time. got 2 box of aa trap loads, an i am willing to shoot at them clay birds.... an scare them to death , by not hitting them!.....

Now who is bringing the buns????........i have 6 packs of hotdogs in the freezer...

COLT!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#40]
I can bring some buns. I think I have 3 boxes of clay birds so we'll have plenty. I'll bring the old stevens too in case Graig or someone needs one.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm bringing a mechanical thrower, too. I'll grab some brats and chips.

ETA: Should that be "brauts?" I mean food, not kids!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I can bring some buns. I think I have 3 boxes of clay birds so we'll have plenty. I'll bring the old stevens too in case Graig or someone needs one.

Good news, I got my shotgun back from my brother! I had to remind him it was actually mine. He had it so long he thought I gave it to him.

The good news for you guys is, I can't shoot clays worth a good shit.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:59:03 AM EDT
[#43]
OK, need input to this one----

Got a fella who wants to bring a "50", Spotter Trace and API, and asked about Incendiary in any caliber....   I made reference to Mike (Mickey Mouse) being uncomfortable last yr, and Randy was wanting to bring a "50" for the May shoot, but he left his home

HELP!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Bring it.
It's just a mtter of being careful.
Which is important with any firearm.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#45]
If I wanted to shoot a 50 at millers Id at least bring some sort of heavy target to absorb the energy before hitting the berm. I know somone used to shoot one when I first started going there about 4 years ago. They had cinder blocks stacked up about 3'X'3' and 5' high with an orange plastic net holding the bricks in place.

My friend found a place that has fill dirt/concrete for free. Im going to mention this to Tim this weekend and hopefully we can build that berm up some more.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Is this a rifle or a Ma Duce? If a Ma Duce is it semi or F/A?  I would think a rifle kept aimed low on the berm would be ok. A Ma Duce would need to be on a tripod WITH a T&E atatched. Again kept aimed low on the berm. Running a Ma Duce free on the pintle I think would be a bad idea. Too easy for the recoil to let your aim go high.
Just my  $.02
Looks like 3 1919's will be there!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Hal'
What are the chances of gettig a 5gal. bucket of wheel weights from you? I want to make up some weights to help stabilize the 1919 tripods.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Way TOO Easy, I'll have to break it down a bit so I can lift it....

I've never triggered a "duece", only stood beside when firing,,, They do jump a bit even on a tripod, but I'm not sure what his specifics are on the gun yet.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm a fellow BCR and friend of Eddie and Randy (and Hal) who was asking about bringing a 50 bmg. It is an accurate Iver Johnson AMAC 5100 bolt gun and the ammo is spotter tracer rounds. It won't do much good to bring it though if there isn't something made of hard steel to shoot at. It needs a hard surface to detonate the spotters. An engine block or a big anvil would be ideal! :-) No big deal if you think I shouldn't bring it because it is unsafe. I shoot it plenty as it is. I just need to know before soon so I'm not lugging it up there for no reason. It's rather heavy at 36 lbs!
I hope I can make it Sunday. It sounds like it will be a good time. I'm not a regular to this board, but I have met and talked via email with a few of you before. Oh, and I met "Lumpy223" at the Snodes shoot, FWIW.

Cincylance

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:59:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Well Hal I never thought about how much a 5 gal bucket of lead weighs. I think 50 or 60 lbs would be plenty.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top