Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2004 9:50:04 AM EDT
Anybody know how long I have to wait for my Mass LTC?   It's been four weeks and nothing.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#1]
depends on the town, and the FBI I think.  Mine took a month, thay said it would be 2 months...that was Wayland, my Dad just got his in Whitinsville in like 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#2]
You a member of the 181 in Worcester?

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Cambridge, up until Cuba, I didnt clear SRP at Dix, so I ETSd on 14 Feb.  I got hurt in a ATV wipe out right after we got back from Bosnia.  You?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:46:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Was active USMC 4 yrs, moved home to MN and a former Marine 1stSgt talked me in to joing the reserves as a Stinger Gunner ADA.  Did that for a while before I moved out here, once out here they put me with the 181.  My contract ended just before you guys left for Bosnia.  How long did you guys end up staying there?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
i think we got home right around mid march.  not a bad tour.  we got lucky and did 75% of the patrolling between 3 companies, so we didnt spend a lot of time behind the wire.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#6]
That's good to know.  I'm glad you guys are back safe.

And by the way I had a nice present waiting for me when I returned from vacation.  
"All Lawful Purposes"  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine took 6 weeks.

ktm500
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Just submitted mine... and waiting.

They said 30 to 45 days.  The law actually requires them to be done in 45 days, but we all know how that works...

My PD said call in 4 weeks and check on it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw the same thing on the 45 day max.  Took about 7 or 8 weeks for mine to finally show.  I guess it really depends on the local PD.

Good luck with yours McCLane
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:42:27 AM EDT
[#10]
It all depends on what town you are in. I'm in Northborough, and mine came through VERY quickly. Had it in less than 2 weeks. Before you get the license, when you are there to pick the ID up, they have to get a digital thumbprint for the license, which is now like a driver's license. It sucks, but enough people bitched so that the process got speeded up, PD chiefs loosened up on licensing discretion, and the licenses actually fit in American style wallets, although the old one, oddly enough, fit perfectly in my big old German wallet...

So, the situation has got better- for now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:48:16 AM EDT
[#11]
A german wallet?  

Reminds me of the Northboro "getstapo" police dept.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top