Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2008 2:53:23 PM EDT
I just threw my hat in.  Going to let it all hang out as this will be my first 3 gun event.  I imagine the slots will fill up quick.  Who else is going?

As a side question -- any extra gear needed that is above and beyond what I use at the "Practical" events?

Attention fargo007...

J223...
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
75 bucks is a little steep....

i know ill get flamed for that.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#2]
$75 ?!

Where was I when they announced this?

Are there going to be cheerleaders and girls with "round cards"?

Three-gun involves a shotgun, a pistol, and a rifle. Think tactical, not precision. The three-gun match that I've done at Langhorne was over on the pistol/rimfire range, which is limited distance.

EDIT: Never mind, I just checked my other email account. Hmm. I'm wondering if there will be ... pie?
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Freddie runs some great matches, but I have to agree 75 seems a llttle steep.  Is there going to be a payout, or what kind of prizes are there?  We usually do a 60% payout after expenses which are never very much.  The last one we did I charged 35 and paid out about 600 bucks with only 30 shooters, so if he does something similiar then 75 isn't bad since he could pay out alot of money pretty deep into the ranks.  Or as another example the area 8 multi gun charged 125 and had over 5,000 dollars worth of prizes on the prize table, and about 50 of the 100 shooters got to go to the prize table. And we still gave over 2000 back to the host club involved and paid the match staff entry fees. I just think it is easier to pay the entry fee when you have an idea of what the payout is and have a chance to recover some of the entry fee and ammo costs if you have a good day.  Once match fees start to get above 25 or 30 bucks it helps to entice shooters if the payback is known.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear ya guys, but the fee wasn't my call, and it's a group project with quite a few people steering it.  I only have the rifle portion.  It's a benefit designed to increase the action shooting sports and help the club out.

Only other gear I'd think you need tututree is perhaps a pistol mag pouch.  I bet there will definitely be reloads on the pistol stages.

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree the admission is more than other matches I've seen posted, but considering its our club that benefits, and I'd save on travel (gas) , possible lodging, food, ect.  It works out to me as an acceptable fee for a club I enjoy.

J223...
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 3:49:13 AM EDT
[#6]
is there a payout ?

at a local Motocross race ill pay 35.00 to sign up and the winner can take 100 per Moto home. and they'll pay back 5-7 riders.

75 can get the top 10 paid easily.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#7]
http://langhornerodandgunclub.org/LRGC3

Although I agree the cost is high, I submit that there are some mitigating factors here that might not have been considered.

There's definitely a prize table.  I've requested that we do a payout of some type but do not have final information on that yet.  Don't forget that the event includes lunch, refreshments, and a tee shirt.  There's likely going to be 14-15 stages across the match.

Our goal here is to replace the steel that's wearing out, obtain some extra steel past that, and procure some more reactive polymer targets suitable for pistol, rifle, and shottie.  Also get some more quality timers, equipment to provide water to shooters, and eventually cover up the firing line on the long range.

There's likely going to be 14-15 stages across the match.

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 6:38:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Ill be there, BUT as a RSO. I dont know what stage ill be assigned to yet.

Drakin
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Covering the firing line would be really cool....

can i buy the worn out steel ?

Link Posted: 7/10/2008 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#10]
There's a line already.  Maybe we'll have an auction, or set them up as prizes in one of the matches.

--Fargo007

Link Posted: 7/10/2008 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#11]
ahh, that's alright.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Is there any idea what the round count is going to be and what the stages are going to be?  One thing with running a big match is if anyone associated with running the match shoots it, the stages have to be posted to keep it fair.  With 14 or 15 stages that is a national style match, Usually 7 or 8 stages with 75 shooters takes about 8 hours to complete, and that is using 8 seperate pits.  Is this going to be a two day match?  If you need some targets let me know, I have 19 steel knockdown plates with stakes they set on, and they are all rifle ar500.  You can shoot them with .308 at  20 yards and no pocket marks.  I also can get about 27 pistol rated poppers, and I have 27 claybird holders for shotgun stages.   Let me know if you want to borrow and targets to keep the round counts up on all the stages.  I also have about 50 uspsa target style bases.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 4:31:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks Bro.  I appreciate that offer.  I'll ask Dick if he wants to borrow some steel.  We're using three separate ranges for the match.  4 Pistol stages, 4 shotgun, and 6 rifle.  Shotgun stages will be on the trap range (but do not of course involve shooting clays in the air).  Shooters will be in 3 groups of 25 and rotate to the next range when completed.

I usually run seven stages in a practical match with 30 guys in less than four hours.  All the round counts are posted on the site, and are 150 rifle, 60 pistol, and 35 shotgun (lead, 7.5-8 shot).

The staff is shooting the day before, but only Dick knows the pistol and shottie stages, and only I know the rifle stages.  No one person knows the entire CoF.  The staff scores will neither count toward prizes nor against the shooters running on Saturday.  It will be like they are scored in a totally different class.

I'd like to talk to you on the phone and pick your brain.  I'll send an email with my phone numbers.

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#14]
$75 may seem a little high, but most of the money is going to improve the Clubs facilities. People who have been to LRGC knows what an awesome facility it is. $75 is a small price to pay to support one of the best shooting facilities in the area.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
$75 may seem a little high, but most of the money is going to improve the Clubs facilities. People who have been to LRGC knows what an awesome facility it is. $75 is a small price to pay to support one of the best shooting facilities in the area.

Yeah, Remember everyone this is a fund raising event that will help the club get more equipment for us to use at our monthly events!

I agree, its a small price to pay to help out supporting such a great club.

Drakin
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#16]
height=8
Quoted:
We're using three separate ranges for the match.  4 Pistol stages, 4 shotgun, and 6 rifle.  Shotgun stages will be on the trap range (but do not of course involve shooting clays in the air).  

Fargo,

does this imply that there will be no stages that require the use of more than one weapon with transitions?  Sound like each discipline will have their own match on their respective ranges, each to be counted towards a final score.

Sign me up as the photog for the event - maybe I can use the golf cart to run between ranges to insure everyone gets a photo of them in action!

Dave
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Covering the firing line would be really cool....

can i buy the worn out steel ?

i might be able to help you out with that once i get home,.. it may not be a perfectly cut "Iron maden" though.

worse comes to worse you can borrow mine for a bit,... AFTER i let the Barrett beat on it to get the sights squared away
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:41:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll be working this event also. From what I hear it will be a GREAT event.

Dick and Fargo both run great matches. Two devious minds together will no doubt produce a great event and the money will be well spent and used to produce even more fun stuff in the future.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#19]
height=8
Quoted:

Sign me up as the photog for the event - maybe I can use the golf cart to run between ranges to insure everyone gets a photo of them in action!

Dave

Great idea Dave!! You're hired!!I'll check to see how many carts we have. The scorekeeper is running around in one cart. We could have you shooting pictures on the move!

Ron
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dave

Great idea Dave!! You're hired!!I'll check to see how many carts we have. The scorekeeper is running around in one cart. We could have you shooting pictures on the move!

Ron

Yeah Tactical Photography!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#21]
There is one multigun stage at this point, and will occur on the rifle range.

It's gonna be a really really good one.

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 2:58:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Any word on the number of participants signed up to date?  I am planning to sign up on Saturday, at the Practical match; but was wondering if they are getting close to capacity yet?  

Regards,

Matthew (m4_a3)
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 3:48:29 AM EDT
[#23]
It's not going to be filled up by Saturday, you'll be fine.

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone have the link for the attending shooters list?

J223...
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#25]
It's increased since the last posting.

http://langhornerodandgunclub.org/LRGC3

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 7/28/2008 4:29:19 AM EDT
[#26]
I dropped my registration and paid my fee at Saturday’s Practical match, so I am officially in…

Regards,

Matthew (m4_a3)
Link Posted: 7/28/2008 4:30:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Ooops...Double tap!
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Gentlemen,

The list of contributors for our LRGC 3gun prize table has increased by two this week.

Bill Geissele @ Geissele automatics and Larue Tactical have graciously agreed to provide goodies for our 3gun event. Let me be the first to thank them both for supporting one of the finest action oriented programs in PA.

And I would also like to thank those who have already signed up for the match.
75 shooters from the tri state area is a tiny percentage of shooters needed to max out this event. Remember, we have more than 10 people every month who donate time (and money) to make our monthly matches great events. If the cash doesn’t come from this annual event, it WILL come from the monthly match fees. If you haven’t signed up, get over to langhornerodandgunclub.org/LRGC3/ and do it today!

Link Posted: 8/6/2008 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#29]
We have LaRue Tactical and Geissele (the best trigger for the AR system) on board as sponsors!

There are also many VERY nice items accumulating on the prize table.

Come on down and get signed up at the NJ/PA Zeppole vs. Funnel Cake battle, on 8/30.

THE LRGC NEWSLETTER HAS AN INCORRECT DATE.  The pastry war is on 8/30.  

We will take in-person registrations for the 3 gun which is the following weekend.

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Can we still use a drop leg holster for the pistol.  I thought it was okayed earlier, but I don't htink they are idpa approved?
thanks
\
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Fargo says Yes to the drop leg holster.

i have a couple Geissele triggers...they are the Best.
i have others too, so im not being biased.
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Just got my form off in the mail. Dick R. indicated that there were still plenty of slots open for the match.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top