Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2009 3:46:59 PM EST
I am about to be working in Plaquemine, Louisiana for a little while and am wondering if there are any good ranges in the Baton Rouge area that offer Carbine and Pistol courses?

Thanks,
JD
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 4:35:28 PM EST
Anyone know of any outdoor rifle ranges in the Baton Rouge area? Preferably ones that offer some kind of classes or matches every once in a while?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2009 4:06:44 PM EST
You can try Hub City Gun in Lafayette if you're interested in matches or classes, I think. I never belonged but heard. Sherbourne Wildlife Mgmt near Krotz Springs has a nice pistol / rifle / skeet range available to the public. Its a 100 yd range. Been there quite a few times. A nice place.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 5:36:33 AM EST
Thanks, I just got down here last week and am still looking around to see what I can find. Ill check on those and see what they offer.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 4:14:26 PM EST
Go join up with Bayoushooter.com and re-post your question. There are a lot of BR folks there.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:01:14 PM EST
Sherburne is just across the river from Krotz Springs, on the east bank. It's an easy drive down US 190 from BR.

LC
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:39:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/8/2009 6:39:44 PM EST by pulpsmack]
Sherburne is free and outdoors.

Precision firearms and indoor range on cloverland (off of siegen lane)

Red Jacket Firearms on Choctaw past Airline hwy

there's a private gun club in Port Allen I can't recall the name.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:50:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/10/2009 9:52:01 PM EST by JonLSU]
There's a range out by the lamar fairgrounds in Gonzalez. If you take 10 to the tanger outlet exit, take a right and go down to the lamar dixon sign and take a left. Go down about a mile on the left, before you get to the lamar center where they have gun shows, there is a range there. It says law enforcement range, but civilians can use it also. I used to shoot there before I moved to TX. I can't remember what it costs, under $10 r might have been free.
They had up to 100yd rifle range and a pistol range. They might have more now. I remember them doing some construction last time I was there.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:21:54 PM EST
Originally Posted By JonLSU:
There's a range out by the lamar fairgrounds in Gonzalez. If you take 10 to the tanger outlet exit, take a right and go down to the lamar dixon sign and take a left. Go down about a mile on the left, before you get to the lamar center where they have gun shows, there is a range there. It says law enforcement range, but civilians can use it also. I used to shoot there before I moved to TX. I can't remember what it costs, under $10 r might have been free.
They had up to 100yd rifle range and a pistol range. They might have more now. I remember them doing some construction last time I was there.

Yeah, that's the Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office range. Been a while since I've been there, but I do remember it was open to the public regularly. There are also High Power and other NRA / pistol matches held there.

LC

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:34:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By jdraizor:
I am about to be working in Plaquemine, Louisiana for a little while and am wondering if there are any good ranges in the Baton Rouge area that offer Carbine and Pistol courses?

Thanks,
JD

checkout www.lagator.org
Top Top