Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 2:09:02 PM EDT
The company I work for is looking for property that is with in 60 min driving distance from the Portland airport for a shooting school and company headquaters.  The company has been looking for over a year now and has a realtor looking but thet can't find a spot. Any ideas ?hug.gif
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#1]
look for one by the regional airports, like redmond!  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:08:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The company I work for is looking for property that is with in 60 min driving distance from the Portland airport for a shooting school and company headquaters.  The company has been looking for over a year now and has a realtor looking but thet can't find a spot. Any ideas ?

do you know markl32?

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
look for one by the regional airports, like redmond!  

Or hillsboro.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:08:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The company I work for is looking for property that is with in 60 min driving distance from the Portland airport for a shooting school and company headquaters.  The company has been looking for over a year now and has a realtor looking but thet can't find a spot. Any ideas ?

I'd say either East County (Gresham area) or south Metro (Wilsonville/Tualatin) would be good places to start looking.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The owners is from Oregon and lives in the Bay area and does alot of traveling between the two stores that is the reason why it has to be close.  Most students don't want to fly some where and have to drive more than a hour to get their and we don't have to worry about travel time,hotels and restaurants and fight to get a flight out. Plus the company can train all our people and have the tac team from Cal do some good training . Plus their is a large group of local law enforcement and civilian gun owners . The owner wants to have a kill house and shooting tower and long gun range.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#6]
well, there are some places already set up.
www.oregonfirearmsacademy.com/   has some really ambitious plans for their shoot house.    they are a little bit away from portland, but maybe they would be up for some arrangement.

about 80 miles away, that is probably to far, huh?

he owns a store in portland and san fran, or are they both in san fran?

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#7]
i would think there would be some  down 84 towards hood river you might look on the other
side of the river in Wa also not as heavily populated as the portland area.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#8]
We have a shop in Portland and San fran. We have people who are trained firearms and defence tatics instructors that work for the company already all we need is a place to do our own in house training and do some public classes. I don't think poeople who are running a school already  want some else to come in and use their range. We do some trainning with full auto weapons and are working on getting some crew served weapons for some of the Governments contracts. I was think out  off HWY 30. A nice little valley or boxed canyon or old gravel pit hy.gif.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:31:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Too bad you couldn't do something at Tri-County Gun Club.  They offer hunter education but that's it as far as I know.  I wonder if you could make a deal with them to offer classes?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top