Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2003 8:40:07 AM EDT
ANY GUN SHOWS THAT ARE COMING UP ANYTIME SOON. I'VE NEVER BEEN TO ONE AND WOULD LIKE TO CHECK ONE OUT.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.sportsmenscourier.com/Gun%20shows.htm

I always forget how to put a link here, but the above, if copied and pasted for a url, will show you that a couple are coming up.  Middletown, NY has good ones though, much larger, and only a 2 hour or less drive.  I have not been to a local LI show, as I doubted there would be much for an AR15 owner...anyone?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
http://www.sportsmenscourier.com/Gun%20shows.htm

I always forget how to put a link here, but the above, if copied and pasted for a url, will show you that a couple are coming up.  Middletown, NY has good ones though, much larger, and only a 2 hour or less drive.  I have not been to a local LI show, as I doubted there would be much for an AR15 owner...anyone?

Odd/small parts, manuals, etc.  Not much going on in the Melville show.  My friend did manage to pick up a Maverick Shotty at a good price a couple of years back, but nothing major to brag about since then.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]
The next two Middletown Gun Shows are:

September 6 & 7
December 6 & 7
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:24:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The Next Melville show will be on June 29th, The Melville show has lots of stuff but no deals really especially on ammo.

The Last show in April had lots of Ar's and Ar uppers from 16 inch carbines to 24 inch Varminters, also some AR 180 and 180
B's , Forget about the Handguns you'd do better in a Gunshop.
Also most of the sellers seem to have an attitude problem. Great deals on Knives if you re into knives, i will be going to the next one as i am looking for a Scope rail for a L1A1.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want a good show suck it up and drive to Valley Forge or Harisburg.  Much better than NY and there's no restriction against buying long guns there.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:29:54 AM EDT
[#7]
What is the cover charge on the Melville shows?
(I think Middletown was $7, with a dollar off coupon from here.)
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Pequa , the Melville Show is $5, Children free.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Pequa , the Melville Show is $5, Children free.

Got my first pocket watch at the Melville show!  You don't always go to buy stuff but to look around.  Most any gun show accomplishes that for me.  Especially when its 10 mins away.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Balzac, youre so right, so many things to see at these Shows, also lots of Fishing Gear For the Fishing Fanatics like me.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:38:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Fishing stuff, at the Melville Gun show??!!
Whoa!, that makes it sound a little bit more inviting!
I picked up some bucktails etc. at the Outdoor Expo at Nassau Coliseum in February or so, but the only good buy for me was some twenty dollar glue called bondtechglue.com.  That stuff REALLY works, much better than crazy glue, more applications.  Have actually fixed some unfixables for the better half---I'm now allowed to go back, although the Outdoor expo stunk, in general.  No ammo at all, and T and T actually had one of the better setup/displays!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I went to te one @ Melville this past weekend.  It was REALLY WEAK.  One vendor had quite a few black guns, but he was grosly over priced.  Plus, the guns he was selling had like 2 years of dust accumulation on them.  Another vendor had 3 AR15 mags, one was a Adventure Line.  He wanted $30 and it was approx 65%.  I was in an out in about 20 mins, didn't buy anything.  Looked mostly like some war vets chit chatting.  I'll be heading out to the gun show in Allentown, PA tommorow.  They say 1500 tables, should be good!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#13]
What are the restrictions regarding long rifles?

I'm pissed off at Middletown.  I called the Orange County Fairgrounds for the last show and they gave me the wrong hours.  I drove an hour up the highway and got to the door as they were shutting down.

What did I miss?

Marty
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Affirmative with Phil-A-Steen: Went to the Harrisburg show back in May---fanatastic, especially when compared with shows in my area (Westchester), which is, basically none any more.  Lots of tables, plenty of ammo, AR's and AR stuff.  Bought a five pack of those British steel AR mags for $19 each. (each mag that is, not the five!) I drove down and back in the same day by myself, which is a bit tiring.  If you go with 2-3 guys you can share the driving, and then it's not so bad. Or, if you got the bucks, you can stay over.
There's a Hampton Inn about 2-3 miles from the Farm Show complex (show venue) that has nice rooms for about $80--$90 per night.  H-burg is a cool little city as well.  You can see a AAA ball game for, like $7, the Susequanha river's right there--nice place.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#15]
is there still a show at the Amityville VFW? last time I went there was approx. 10 years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top