Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2008 5:03:07 PM EDT
For those new to the this thread, LMI has started a weekly defensive league in Canandaigua, which is only 20 minutes S/E of Rochester.

These shoots meet every Sunday at the Canandaigua Sportmens Club in Canandaigua.  We do not  cancel because it is raining, or because it is too cold.   The idea is to get a group of like minded individuals together to shoot, learn, exchange ideas and opinions, train and have fun.  These shoots will be tactically and defensively.  YOU WILL NOT JUST STAND THERE AND SHOOT.  You will be moving, you will be running, you may even be doing jumping jacks at times to get your heart racing,,,,,,  You will be carrying a baby (fake one), you will be dragging a dummy,  Every week is different.   LMI trains real world, all the time.  To simply stand in one spot and shoot is simply useless, and engrains bad habits that can get you killed in combat, or on the streets.

There will be multiple targets, shoot/no-shoot targets, barricades, and occationally LMI's shoot house and moving targets.  Unlike other shoots that you may be use to (IDPA, PPS, IPSC), there will be no timing, as tactics are required, as each run will be graded as a live or die case, with as few, if any, injured good guys.  

There will also be one on one shoots, to help build stress (which often results in misses).  Failure to fire drills, reloads, weak hand as well as one handed shooting will occupy these scenarios.

The shoots will be Every Sunday, starting at 2:30, and will end around 4:30 (or later).  
The Cost is $10 for each hour.  This fee is to help replace targets, backers, wood, and 10% goes back to the club to help with maintanance of the club.

Those interested in these shoots must email me.  When you do, please let me know your preferences. This will help to manage these shoots.

To help the range, and the shooting sports, all participants must be members of the club.  If you are unfamiliar with the club, once you visit once, you'll be hooked.  So far 11 AR15.com guys have joined the club and participate in these shoots.  Please email me and I will send you the clubs application for membership.

Schedule:

There will be no organized sunday shoots at the club between May 1 and June 10th, due to private and personal training.
Schedule:

6/22  Shotgun/Pistol (Attack of the Zombies,  they live...)

7/06: Shotgun/Pistol
7/20: Shotgun/Pistol

Also, those who shoot with us,  I am trying to put together a Spring BBQ, either late April or some time in May, please let me know your thoughts,,,,

For those who don't yet shoot with us,, you are invited to this BBQ, to meet and greet,,,,
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 6:25:53 AM EDT
[#1]
BBQ sounds like a great idea, maybe I'll drag my GF out so she can see what we do, and where I really go on Sun. afternoons! I shot the regular Tues night action pistol course @ GCL last night and was happy w/ my run. The Cdga. meet last week really helped my performance. Slowing down to make guaranteed hits didn't cost me much time but resulted in some nice groups. Also, the drills we did Sunday w/ 2 shooters side by side are great training for shooting under a little stress of informal competition. Oh yea, frangible ammunition...gotta get me some! Looking forward to the CQGF course on the 29th, are there any openings left? See you Sunday, I got the new shotgun sights ready to go yesterday.
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#2]
----
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I might be able to make it out this Sunday. I have to work but might be done early enough.
Link Posted: 4/29/2008 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/29/2008 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hope to see you there Rich,

That didn't work out this past weekend, had to work to pay tuition bills
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 9:41:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#8]
THERE IS A PLACE FOR THESE THREADS
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 5:54:30 AM EDT
[#9]
oopps
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top