LMI will be holding a ONE DAY TACTICAL RIFLE COURSE, Monday, August 25, 2008.
Cost: $200. ($100 deposit due August 10)
Where: Canandaigua Sportsmen’s Club, Canandaigua, NY
Ammunition: Minimum 500 rounds, or more..
Students: Limited to Five This is not a precision marksmanship course, there are no bull’s-eyes.
This is a tactical rifle course where the student will learn to effectively use their rifle in an offensive (combat) type environment. Because the vast majority of shootings are at a distance of 1 to 25 yards, the vast majority of the training will reflect these distances, with an emphasis on Close Quarter Distances of 1-15 feet.
* Fundamentals of Marksmanship.
* Sight in Procedures
* Failure to fire.
* After action assessments.
* Shooting positions (offhand, prone, & kneeling)
* Multiple threats
* Shooting on the Move.
* Basic room clearing techniques.
* A good magazine fed Carbine/Rifle with iron sights. Low powered or Red Dot optics are acceptable. (Back up rifle recommended in case of breakage or serious failure)
(This course is designed around the M4 platform, but most any rifle will do (Mini 14, AK Series, M-1, Sig, etc.) Because of the vast numerous platforms out there, not to include the customized options, Please know and understand the loading and unloading of your particular rifle before the start of class.) This will allow more time for tactical instruction.)
* Quality Sling.
* 500 rounds of quality ammunition.
(No tracers, incendiaries or armor piercing rounds) Reloads not recommended.
* At least four magazines and a way to carry them (chest rig, belt carrier, shoulder
* Quality Eye and Ear Protection. Extra batteries for electronic ear protection is recommended.
* Baseball cap style hat with brim.
* Knee & elbow pads (suggested but not required)
* Bandana, or something similar, to keep the hot brass from falling down the front/back of your shirt.
* Appropriate outdoor weather attire, as instruction is outside and will not be cancelled due to weather conditions. Boots are recommended.
* Shoes or boots that tie.
* Military Style pants with cargo pockets.
* Note book and pen.
* Spotting Scope (or make certain that your rifle is sighted in......)
* Snacks and beverages are allowed during training. There will be a cooler with bottled water available during the class free of charge. It is recommended that students bring there lunch, to facilitate training and time.
* Pistol with holster (hip or thigh) and ammo is optional.
* Armored or other Tactical Vest. TRAIN WITH WHAT YOU WEAR...More InfoTo Register, please email us: RonLauinger@LMIInc.com