Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/4/2010 9:08:48 PM EDT

I went..wish I didn't. It sucked!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:26:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By sbdfirearms:

I went..wish I didn't. It sucked!

Everyone here could have told you it would. This promoter's gun shows all suck, you'd have been better off going to the Saxet show.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:58:40 AM EDT
Saxet wasn't much better. Parking sucks. Too crowded. If you know how to shop online you can buy stuff a lot cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:11:53 AM EDT
It depends what you are looking for. Prices suck either show. The problem with the saxet show is parking is impossible and takes the fun out of it.

The Texas show promoter was dumb for having it the same weekend as the saxet show.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:07:59 AM EDT
Where was the Live Oak show at
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:12:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By r-2-k-b-a:
It depends what you are looking for. Prices suck either show. The problem with the saxet show is parking is impossible and takes the fun out of it.

The Texas show promoter was dumb for having it the same weekend as the saxet show.

Yeah, the Texas promotor has done that before and I never understood why. I know they don't like each other, but it doesn't make much business sense to do it the same weekend.

As for the Saxet show, yeah, parking is a pain in the rear, but it's still a decent show and the best considering we only have 2 choices here. I think some people need a reality check and realize it's a gun show, not a wholesale pricing show. Don't understand people bitching about it. It's still a good chance to see a large variety of guns and maybe find something you are interested in. Seems some guns are coming down in price. Ammo dealers are still crazy on their pricing considering online prices have dropped to pre-Obama levels.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:13:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tx318:
Where was the Live Oak show at

Where was the Live Oak show at? In Live Oak, duh! Usually at the Live Oak Civic Center there at 1604/Pat Booker Rd. by the furniture store and movie theater.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:00:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2010 1:01:48 PM EDT by sbdfirearms]
Guess I am spoiled being from Phoenix and having the cross roads of the west show evry other month. I have noticed that in short time I have been going to shows (20 years) it has become harder and harder to find any real bargains on stuff. Used rifles go for new and same for pistols. I haggled with one guy for 2 years on the same shotgun (Remington model 11 16 ga) before he finally came down to "Gun Bible" suggested value.

Now for candles and beef jerky there is no shortage,

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:10:05 PM EDT
Grin or no grin icon, might as well call somebody a dumb ass.

I'm in Houston and don't expect Texans in the Austin or SanAntnio region to necessarily know where the Conroe or Pasadena gun shows are. Without being a Historian to know who's yankee ass might have been hung there during the civil wa 150 years ago, I too would have thought "Live Oak" was just a nice sounding name for a GunShow and nothing more then the name of a tree.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:51:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By VaniB:
Grin or no grin icon, might as well call somebody a dumb ass.

I'm in Houston and don't expect Texans in the Austin or SanAntnio region to necessarily know where the Conroe or Pasadena gun shows are. Without being a Historian to know who's yankee ass might have been hung there during the civil wa 150 years ago, I too would have thought "Live Oak" was just a nice sounding name for a GunShow and nothing more then the name of a tree.

LOL, sorry had to. So, you mean it would be wrong to assume the Conroe gun show is in Conroe and the Pasadena gun show is in Pasadena? Just noticed no one mentioned talking about the San Antonio area before my post. So I guess if someone had never heard of Live Oak, TX before they would have to ask. Since it's surrounded by San Antonio, Schertz, etc, it's hard to know you are in Live Oak even if you know what it is.
Top Top