Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/1/2006 5:14:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/1/2006 5:14:43 AM EDT by racecar]
From the ISRA

There is a good chance that the Daley/Blagojevich Assault Weapons Ban may be voted on in the House this week.

Therefore, it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you contact your State Representative IMMEDIATELY and politely ask him/her to VOTE AGAINST HB2414. If you do not know who your State Representative is, then go to the following web site and click the “Legislator Lookup” link: http://www.ilga.gov/

Also, you must call the bills sponsor, EDDIE ACEVEDO at (217) 782-2855 and POLITELY tell the person that answers the phone that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you OPPOSE HB2414.

PLEASE MAKE YOUR PHONE CALLS TODAY!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:51:11 AM EDT
Hey all,

Please call this guy Acevedo. His people are being extremely rude to callers. I am unsure as to how we can be expected to be polite when his staffers quickly become "uppity" with us. I hope that this means that many of us are calling. Oh, well...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:57:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/1/2006 8:02:12 AM EDT by Not_so_Clever]
"Representative XXX:

As a registered voter, I feel it necessary for me to contact you, my representative, regarding my view of this legislation (HB2414).

Please be aware that I am very much opposed to it, and I request that you consider representing my view by voting against it.

I do not feel a need to explain why I oppose HB2414, as there are many more eloquent arguments out there for anyone that wishes to educate themselves on the subject.

I am sure that you have taken the time to do that as you consider this bill.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Regards,"
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:59:06 AM EDT
Great. We should be all the more polite.

It will frost them even more.

JR
Top Top