[#3]
calandar clear, wife cool, ammo stocked,

in
Link Posted: 10/29/2008 8:11:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
calandar clear, wife cool, ammo stocked,

in

Now all you have to do is get clearance from the Dr.

Link Posted: 10/29/2008 8:53:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I will go just IM directions
Link Posted: 10/29/2008 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

[img='middle']http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_rofl2.gif[/img]

ETA: You need to read this if you are going to your first LCR.

ETAA: Most likely will not make this one.
Link Posted: 10/29/2008 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow.. long time to wait for LCR.  Definitely want to be there again.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2008 2:52:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/29/2008 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I read it can I go now?
Link Posted: 10/29/2008 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Hmm. . . definitely maybe.
It all depends on my ride––from "over there".
Link Posted: 10/29/2008 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I read it can I go now?

Yes, be at the Park and Ride off exit 77. Times will be determined once the weekened approaches.

Link Posted: 10/29/2008 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/29/2008 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mark your calendars.

Went last year the Crab-rodery was assume.

I take it 1GR made you assume the position for your crabs?
Link Posted: 10/29/2008 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/29/2008 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I might be in, especially since I've got more vacation time than I know what to do with...
Link Posted: 10/29/2008 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I've got no vacation time, less money, and I'm running dangerously low on ammo.  You're damn right I'll be there.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2008 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/29/2008 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#18]
in....i'll try not to get kidney stones like last the LCR..
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 6:24:32 AM EDT
[#19]
As honorary mayor of Da Pit, I better be there. If I have a job by then, it may be dicey for time off. But, rest assured, if I can, I sherdafuk will. And, just to show off, I will even shoot something. Howbout that?
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 8:13:33 AM EDT
[#20]
BrokeBackBobbity
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, hell, I haven't missed the last 14 LCRs, why miss this one?
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well, hell, I haven't missed the last 14 LCRs, why miss this one?

Dare to be different.
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 9:30:25 AM EDT
[#23]
As it looks now, i'm a go.

AJ will be staying home as she hates the cold.

Now I just need to get a new steel plate target made!
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Might be our last chance to get together under a Obama administration without a party offical having to be there.
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Do you guys think it will..  Oh never mind.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Wondering if 1GUNRUNNER will show, on Page 2......
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#27]
For now.. .I'm in, but damn I hope Global Warming kicks in that weekend or I find better sleeping arrangements.  Last January was FUCKING COLD in a tent.
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 3:24:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
For now.. .I'm in, but damn I hope Global Warming kicks in that weekend or I find better sleeping arrangements.  Last January was FUCKING COLD in a tent.

Link Posted: 10/30/2008 3:36:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, make faces.. be disapointed... You ass sleeps in a camper with a heater on... I sleep in a tent listening to your generator that powers that heater all damn night!

Link Posted: 10/30/2008 4:22:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Is this one of those thing where you imply you'll show, but don't actually SAY you'll show, so you can skate out of it later? [>:/]

As for me: mebbe.
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Oh, I usually try to skate too.

That's how I recognized it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 4:54:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, make faces.. be disapointed... You ass sleeps in a camper with a heater on... I sleep in a tent listening to your generator that powers that heater all damn night!

I'm sure if you ask nice enough, PCR-00 will let you snuggle with him.

Link Posted: 10/30/2008 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm in, I had a lot of fun at the Sep LCR, and I got to play with some of Bobbity's toys

Sir James...
Link Posted: 11/1/2008 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/1/2008 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Suprisingly enough, it looks like will be there!!

Sweet!

I'll bring a video camera and see if we can get a re-enactment done of your mad football tackle and electronic device confiscation skillz!

Link Posted: 11/1/2008 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Who was going to be the Range Master again?  Didn't we/you decide to have somebody introducing people to people and explaining the Pit Rules so we/you didn't end up with small problems like the last time?

I'm still in Dutch with the missus so I won't be there.
Link Posted: 11/1/2008 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/1/2008 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who was going to be the Range Master again?  Didn't we/you decide to have somebody introducing people to people and explaining the Pit Rules so we/you didn't end up with small problems like the last time?

PCR & I, under Obobbitys command of course, have talked a little about how to handle this. We'll continue, and will make certain that you miss a good show.

So now it goes from a no rules (use your common scents) GTG to a bunch of range Nazi you better mindme or I will kick you out kind of event?

Kinda glad I will miss this one.
Link Posted: 11/1/2008 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

PCR & I, under Obobbitys command of course, have talked a little about how to handle this. We'll continue, and will make certain that you miss a good show.

So now it goes from a no rules (use your common scents) GTG to a bunch of range Nazi you better mindme or I will kick you out kind of event?

Kinda glad I will miss this one.

-D and I had talked more about being more active in meeting the new folks and telling them the lay of the land.  

"Range is there, we try to shoot on the tarps and behind the yellow rope"

"Anyone can call range cold, If you hear it, do the right thing"

"Beer is over there"

"I'm PCR, and this is Kato"

"No real rules here but the rules of common sense"

"The fire should be over there, but alas, Dallas is working on it"

"Did I mention the beer is over there?  Please put the beer you brought over there.  What? You didn't bring any beer?  Dammit, they always forget the beer."

Just make it a bit more personal to the new folks instead of treating the LCR like it's any other pit you would go to on a Saturday.

Along with the above, we talked about keeping one good eye on the line.  If there are any shenanigans like mentioned from last LCR, we'd talk it out with the person.  Nothing heavy handed.  I mean, really, with Curtis and I...Heavy handed?
Link Posted: 11/1/2008 5:38:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/1/2008 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Well OdT and PCR, I am glad you are making the decisions. Have fun.
Link Posted: 11/1/2008 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/1/2008 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Well OdT and PCR, I am glad you are all making the decisions. Have fun.

Yep. Doing a better job of hosting is a shitty idea. Consider it abandoned.

Hosting? Hmm, I guess we should all be led by the hand, kissed on the butt, have our Peter's sucked before we feel welcome at a LCR. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Because some newbs bitched about not feeling that way we have to change the way people are greeted?

Sorry if they don't have the social skills to introduce themselves we have to have a committee to greet them? Sorry I don't see it that way.

Link Posted: 11/1/2008 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#46]
And the demise of the LCR's draws inexorably closer.

Honestly, the issue isn't the small LCR's that have a smaller turnout, it's the larger summer LCRs that have the issues.  And it is no bad thing that a few folks put the effort into taking a few steps that clarify things for new people and help guarantee range safety.

I mean, after all, it does involve items that if handled improperly or carelessly, could cause a great deal of harm.

Dino, I don't think that ODT and PCR are trying to set up a closed door, show your secret decoder ring to enter, and don't piss off the old boys network, kind of deal here.  They are just following the inevitable steps that must be taken for an even that has gotten this big, to remain safe and a welcome environment.

I think it's time for everybody to calm down for a bit and try and communicate instead of assuming that they know the gist of what the other people are talking about without asking for clairfication.

Seems to be a lot of hurt feelings already, which is a real crappy way of starting into the 2009 LCR season.
Link Posted: 11/1/2008 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/1/2008 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
my own solution sounded like a personal fucking nightmare to me. There's only ONE part of me that would want to expose myself and spend my time that way. It's the part that enjoys seeing people having a good time doing what they don't get to do somewhere else.

Which is exactly why I'm not complaing about you doing it. If you're goona be in any sorta position of "leadership", you gotta have a servants heart, not aspirations of selfish power. The fact that you don't want to do it, probably makes you a good man for the job.
Link Posted: 11/1/2008 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/1/2008 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Well OdT and PCR, I am glad you are all making the decisions. Have fun.

Yep. Doing a better job of hosting is a shitty idea. Consider it abandoned.

Hosting? Hmm, I guess we should all be led by the hand, kissed on the butt, have our Peter's sucked before we feel welcome at a LCR. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Because some newbs bitched about not feeling that way we have to change the way people are greeted?

Sorry if they don't have the social skills to introduce themselves we have to have a committee to greet them? Sorry I don't see it that way.

You don't have to see it that way Dino. In fact, you don't need to do a damned thing at all.

You're acting as if PCR & I would stand in the way of you enjoying yourself.

What he & I talked about (on our own, in an effort to help), was that we sort-of understood what others' complaints were after the past LCR. Folks used to ALL show up not knowing exactly what to expect. 1GR and a few others took the social role and made sure most would find a way to fit in.

Larger groups and less spontaneity has turned it in to a less personal experience, as regulars show up thinking 'everyone else knows the drill by now', "I'll just set up camp and head to the line or to the fire".

But as PCR & I discussed it, we admitted that we could have been doing a better job, and were seeking solutions to the complains from the last shoot.

"Don't find a fault. Find a remedy." Henry Ford

So, I suggested maybe wearing some goofy fuckin hats, get a couple of chairs, and a canopy, parked up by the firing line. We could be social, and watch everyones stuff, targets, and asses for them, in the friendliest way we could. (watch the targets and safety in between making folks comfortable.... INSTEAD of just being off doing our own thing)

But. It looks like you and maybe a few others would interpret this generosity as a power trip of some sort.

Here's the truth for you; I'm NOT a social guy, and my own solution sounded like a personal fucking nightmare to me. There's only ONE part of me that would want to expose myself and spend my time that way. It's the part that enjoys seeing people having a good time doing what they don't get to do somewhere else. I sure as hell don't have to.

This sort of critisism is enough to convince me. You'll get your way, even though you're not coming.

Lots of that lately..... bitching & boycotting about something, and not lifting a finger to fix it.

BIG thing is don't fix what isn't broken. It ruins what you are trying to fix.

A bunch of whiney people bitched, now everybody has to change LCR to fix a problem that only exisits in the mind of insecure people that want everybody to come up and kiss their ass because they came to LCR.

Sorry I don't see it that way.

You can IM me if you would like to discuss this further, I am done posting about these crybabys.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top