Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 2:11:10 PM EDT
One is supposed to open soon around 410 and Culebra. Anyone know anything about it? Anyone that lives over there seen anything? Thanks, John in New Braunfels. I am a White Castle fan but these are close
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#1]
we have one that i know of here in houston.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am a White Castle fan but these are close

Not close enough. I will continue to drive to Nashville for my fix...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow that trip maybe worse than "Harold and Kumar's" trip to White Castle.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:13:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I left Krystal's behind when I moved from Georgia.  That is some nasty wannabe food.  They do have a decent little salad for cheap, though...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#5]
They have one in Carrollton.... went there about 2 weeks ago-- wasn't impressed, although you can add chili to your fries... that was good :D
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:40:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Not too bad, definately good drunk food.  It's not as good as Whataburger, the king of all fast food chains.  

You may want to avoid interaction with any other living beings for a while.  Those tastly little burgers will give you gas that could knock the hair off a dog.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:12:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My parents are from Tenn. and when ever we went to visit the grand parents there was the mandatory stop at Krystals in Nashville.

I know they have opened one in Houston but I have not tried to find it yet.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's not as good as Whataburger, the king of all fast food chains.  

Amen.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:54:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I grew up in Georgia and I liked Krystal growing up. When I visit there now I'm not impressed.....but I still go every once in awhile. More for nostalgia I guess.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#11]
they have those mini sandwich packs... like a 6-pack or 12-pack of sandwiches...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I drove down there yesterday. The building is there  but it is not finished. I guess they will open in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I grew up in Chicago, there is  White Castles in every neighborhood :)  Krystals just don't cut it.

After watching Harold & Kumar my wife asked me if I wanted to drive out of state to the closest Whiteys to Houston (St. Louis or Nashville I believe).  She was serious.  I considerd it but the crave was not that strong.  We should be visiting Chicago in March again anyway, White Castles, real gyros, and real pizza are on the "to do" list.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:49:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I agree with you that White Castles are the best, but if you want real pizza you have to go to New York. We are lucky that there are a few New York style pizza places here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#15]
John, Dunno about that one. I'll stick with Whataburgers in Texas.

Hey! By the way, last time I was in New Braunfels, I got dizzy going around them Interstates and cross-overs trying to find where I wanted to go. Man, some more signs would be "friendly."

P.S. Forget them White Castle "sliders," I filled my belly with some darn good German grub over at "Omas Haus" over at the hill on South Highway 46 in New Braunfels.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:57:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
We are lucky that there are a few New York style pizza places here.

I would "settle" for a NY style pizza too :)  WHERE?  I have never seen a half way edible pizza in Texas.  You boys can grill with the best but you are complete nubs in the pizza category :(
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:23:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Whataburger breaded chicken burger!

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#18]

I would "settle" for a NY style pizza too :)  WHERE?  I have never seen a half way edible pizza in Texas.  You boys can grill with the best but you are complete nubs in the pizza category :(

here goes:

Florios Pizza
one block behind Broadway and Nottingham in San Antonio
The Florios are from Paramus NJ

Miss Ellies NY style Pizza
In the strip mall off 281 and Bitters
owner is from NY

Figlios on Pat Booker in Universal City. I don't know where these guys are from but their pizza is very good.

another called Saverios or something like that, on the left on Pat Booker closer to RAB, owner is from Italy.

I love Whataburgers and eat there all the time, but I miss White Castles. I lived the first 18 years of my life in New Jersey. I got out as soon as I could. I have been a Texan since 1969.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Ugh... down with Oma's Haus. I'll take some Clear Springs anyday. I live about 30 seconds from the Whataburger in New Braunfels. No need for Krystals here.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Ugh... down with Oma's Haus. I'll take some Clear Springs anyday. I live about 30 seconds from the Whataburger in New Braunfels. No need for Krystals here.

I agree, Oma's Haus sucks. I spent time in Germany. The best I found is in Fredricksburg. The New Braunfels smoke haus is not bad. Clear Springs??? Deep fried everything. I think not. However. I do visit Whataburger at least 2 times a week
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:30:23 AM EDT
[#21]
I can't even believe I forgot about the Smoke Haus. This thread is starting to make me want to go home already. My first stop after each time I get home is always Adobe Cafe. I'm freakin crazy for their enchiladas.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:20:19 AM EDT
[#22]
guys / gals, I'll let ya in on a secret if ya promise not to tell anyone....

Krystal burger sub-contracts out to me.....

4 times a year I go to CO. ,TX., OK., KS., on a P-dog hunt.
They send a Krystal represntative with me to gather the kills in  portable freezers. Since I drive a truck (18) we just haul 40,000 lbs. of P-dog meat back to ATL for processing...

Sure ya wanna eat there still?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:53:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

They send a Krystal represntative with me to gather the kills in  portable freezers. Since I drive a truck (18) we just haul 40,000 lbs. of P-dog meat back to ATL for processing...

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I smell a little        40,000 lbs of praire dogs - you would have to kill an unknown number of those things.

Kind of like the extinction of the Buffalo
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I smell a little  have
Kind of like the extinction of the Buffalo

You mean that is not true??
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#26]
damn, I really like the taste of those little guys. The paper said the grand opening is the 27th or thereabouts. White Castle will not expand down here. I even emailed them asking them why not. Seems they need to be close to their suppliers. I guess they use something else besides Pdog meat. btw I had two slices of awsome pizza at Figlios friday. A buck fifty a slice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top