Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 2:36:52 PM EDT
DAMN!!!
Anyone torn their meniscus (Knee Cartlilage)? Have to have an MRI done this week and will probably have to have arthriscopic surgery in the next xouple of weeks. There goes running, golf, basketball etc. for a few weeks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#1]
We'll have to wheel you out to the firing line at the pit. Start designing your tactical wheelchair.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're young you can recover pretty fast, in a month or so. If you're and old fart it takes a little longer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
We'll have to wheel you out to the firing line at the pit. Start designing your tactical wheelchair.

Take yer pick, 1/2 off price for ARFCOM members!

http://x11.putfile.com/3/7217461872.jpg

-z
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:49:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Can I just ride bareback on Heather Locklear instead?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Several times.

BTW-cartilage

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Several times.

BTW-cartilage

How, Phil, how?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Several times.

BTW-cartilage

How, Phil, how?

Football, Hockey, and other activities.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry to hear that 1GH,

Will you be able to play the piano afterwards? Hope all goes well.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Remember, Jerry Rice tore his ACL, had it scoped, and wa sback ont he field same season.

Thats <16 weeks?

If my old fat ass can recover 100%, you can too. And I had the full meal deal. ACL& Both Meniscuses(?).
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not trying to hijack this thread but here is a funny medical story that I want to share with everyone.

About 5 years ago I had surgurey to remove a cyst from my testicles. OUCH! I was not a happy camper after they did that! Prior to the surgurey I had to have an ultrasound test and this nice looking nurse rubbed lubricating jelly on my nuts and massaged it with a vibrating wand!

When I went to the waiting room in the radiology dept they took my paperwork and had me sit down and wait. You know the drill, the call your name when they are ready for you. In this particular Doctor's office they do ultra-sound tests and X-Rays in the same department. As I'm sitting there waiting I see this burly looking Harley driver in full leathers gimping down the hallway. He had obviously hurt his knee and he could barely walk. He hands the receptionist his paperwork and sits down. In the mean time we engage in some small talk while waiting for our turn. The nurse comes out and calls for Jeff (me). This motorcycle rider imediately gets up and follows the nurse into the back room thinking he is going to get a knee X-Ray. I hear this loud commotion and screaming going on and the guy runs back into the waiting room, obviouly shaken and sits down. He then says "I can't beleive this fucked up place. I come in to get a knee X-Ray and the nurse wants to look at my nuts!" I asked him is his name was Jeff and he said "no, my name is Jack." I said, "my name is Jeff so you must have heard her wrong. When you got up to go in the back I just assumed that your name was also Jeff." I then told him that I'm the guy who needs to get his nuts looked at. At that point we both had a good laugh at his mistake. As I got up to follow the nurse in the backroom for the ultrasonic lube job I told Jack on the way out, "dude you are lucky I didn't need to see a proctologyst!"
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That wasn't a cyst, numbnuts!

I have a couple now.  They sure do bleed good!

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Does that mean their finally going to carve it out or are they planning on making you suffer some more?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#15]
LIGAMENTS,dups
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top