Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/31/2005 7:01:15 PM EDT
I posted this question in the AK Discussions forum and didn't get much. Thought I would try here. Has anyone sent a kit to be built by Global Trades/Armory USA? I have a couple kits that need put together and am looking for opions on their kit builds.

Thanks,
Tint
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:03:38 PM EDT
I wonder how they're going to build your kits when they don't have a gunsmith. At least that's the excuse they gave me when my SSR-74 wasn't getting fixed. Took them 6-8 weeks to fix a sight block cant and accuracy problem with my -74.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:49:27 PM EDT
they have alot of smiths, they're full of bullshit, Jimmy is a lying sack of shit, he told me the chrom wears out in a couple of hundred rds :(. I got a rifle from them and the Bbl was canted in the trunnion, so I gave it back they gave me another, it was canted. So I gave it back and they built me one and they didn't heat treat it right and the ejector mushroomed after 6 mags. :(
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:22:28 AM EDT
Thanks guys. Looks like I'll pass on sending them a kit. When I picked up my receivers they were really pushing their build services.

Tint
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:23:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By tintedtahoe:
Thanks guys. Looks like I'll pass on sending them a kit. When I picked up my receivers they were really pushing their build services.

Tint

dude, I just remembered you came to my house before and I showed you my colt and how I got Ed to put a f/s on it and how it was recontoured, I also showed you my ak with the canted BBl
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:21:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MuRDoC:

Originally Posted By tintedtahoe:

Tint

dude, I just remembered you came to my house before and I showed you my colt and how I got Ed to put a f/s on it and how it was recontoured, I also showed you my ak with the canted BBl

Yep, that was me. I had Ed turn my barrel and add an A2 after that visit - thanks again. Couldn't remember where your AK was from, I kept thinking Century instead of Global. I'm now sitting on 5 kits while I figure out what to do with them.

Tint
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:13:09 PM EDT
I want one
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:42:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:18:21 AM EDT
As usual valuable information had here on the AR15 board.

I was looking at one of those build it yourself kits also and was wondering the same.

QUALITY ??

Well now I know better from these replies.

How about Armory USA own built AKs with the stamped 1.6mm receivers ??

Are these worth 525 or just go with a quality Arsensal ??

Thanks
John
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:00:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By John11167:

I was looking at one of those build it yourself kits also and was wondering the same.

QUALITY ??

Thanks
John

Global is Armory, look at my above post, they couldnt make a AK to save their lives, everyone that has shown me one has a canted Bbl
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:17:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MuRDoC:

Originally Posted By John11167:

QUALITY ??

Thanks
John

Global is Armory, look at my above post, they couldnt make a AK to save their lives, everyone that has shown me one has a canted Bbl

Who would you recommend buying an AK from and model ect..??

I would like a nice one for investment also, specially if there is a ban again some day.

I have been shopping around for a nice quality AK.

I have looked at the Arsensals and like them and their reputation is execellent.

I had a few deals I thought solid but these guys that offer up deals backed out.

Thanks.
John
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:47:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:03:02 PM EDT
yes, Mbsk01 is correct, I don't have one, just because I don't have the $$ right now, college
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:49:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mbsk01:
You want to look into Arsenal Inc, not Arsenal USA/Global Trades.

Arsenal Inc. makes high quality milled AKs, and imports very good quality stamped -74s.

They are located in NV, just for clarification.

www.arsenalinc.com/

Thanks for the clarification...

I am very aware of Arsenal Inc in NV, so I was confused when some one advertised an Arsenal AMD63 2UF.

So these are not even close to Arsenal Inc quality ??

What is the AMD63 2UF besides a under folder ??

Thanks for the heads up..

I think I will go with Arsenal Inc if you can afford the best.

John
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:00:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:22:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mbsk01:
I'd imagine a AMD63 2UF is a AMD-63 parts kit (Hungarian) but on a Global receiver set up for an underfolder.

Thanks for the information..
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:32:47 AM EDT
Are the Krebs AKs good to go?
Top Top