User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 6:20:00 PM EDT
Not sure which one to buy and from who.

Thx
FireBlade
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#1]
My .o2  you can't go wrong with Kimber..... next gun show.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Fireblade,
    Tom and Becky Harris of Sporting Arms would be a great source for a good deal on a Kimber.  Actually, they could get anything for you, but Kimber would be my pick of the two you mentioned.  Their website is:   www.sportingarms.com
          Peace,
              Dragonfire52
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:13:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Kimber...

looking for new or used, or never used but not new?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:13:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I carry the Kimber and am very happy with it.  If you are in Fort Worth, Winchester Gallery has a good selection of Kimbers.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:41:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:45:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I own both, and for carryand reliability, I would go with the Kimber.  If you want to carry a lot of ammo, go with the Para.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I like PO better than Kimber.  I guess I may be a bit biased as I've had 5 total that all ran 100%.  The Kimber I had, a Pro Carry HD2 in .38super, came with a .45acp slide and breech face, and would ony fire one round, then I had to maually eject the fired case and chamber a fresh one.  Kimber wanted me to pay them $300+ to fix their mistake.  Never again.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:29:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thx
FireBlade

I went with Springfield. Do not know much about Para, there have been lots of reports of late about lack of quality in Kimber, may want to check that out first and see what it is about.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thx
FireBlade

I went with Springfield. Do not know much about Para, there have been lots of reports of late about lack of quality in Kimber, may want to check that out first and see what it is about.

+1  I carry a Springfield, and shoot another in USPSA and IDPA.  Both have been very reliable for me.  One of my Kimbers was a jam-o-matic.  And the morons in the "Custom" shop in Yonkers would not do anything about it.  Kimber won't get any more $$$'s from me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:14:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I have owned two paras.  Sold one and the other is in the shop getting a 25K round tune up.

However, unless you are shooting IPSC, and need hi-cap, I'd go with the Kimber for sure.

Paras leave a lot to be desired as far as quality goes.  Poor metalurgyand their  plastic mag catch are my two pet peeves.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have owned two paras.  Sold one and the other is in the shop getting a 25K round tune up.

However, unless you are shooting IPSC, and need hi-cap, I'd go with the Kimber for sure.

Paras leave a lot to be desired as far as quality goes.  Poor metalurgyand their  plastic mag catch are my two pet peeves.  

I can second that.  I have three Paras (P14, P13, P12) and I like them, but the metal seems to be soft, the slide lock on all three has broken (replaced), their finish is not as good as it should be and the paint (!!) on the P14 started to flake off after a while (I refinished it).  That being said, they fit my hand, they shoot very well, and they will eat anything I want to feed them. And I have replaced the extractor on all three because all three snapped.  MIM part.

Who makes that high capacity model for Springfield?  Imbel?  Is it still on a Para licence?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top