Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:46:08 AM EST
I've been renting a house here in MD while I am here for work. I got home from a hike yesterday afternoon to discover my house was broken into. Most of my stuff was locked up, but they did get my Kimber Pro Carry II. You know, the one that would have been ON MY HIP if Maryland honored my Texas CHL. Now some crackhead has it.

The number KR76109 is on the case, I assume that is the serial number.

They also got a couple laptops and a digital camera with a couple lenses, and... a pair of new 5.11 pants.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:38:37 AM EST
Man, that sucks..

welcome to maryland

What part are you in? If you decide that you want to move to VA we do have reciprocity with Texas.

I'm sorry about your losses. Your loss of personal belongings, sense of security and right to defend yourself.

Good luck
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:54:37 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:00:24 AM EST
I'm near Pax River (was working on the base) so VA would be a long commute. But I'm going back to TX pretty soon, so I just have to hope they don't come back for the safe in the next week or so. The good news is I'm usually home during the day lately so if they come back they ain't getting anything except possibly a few rounds coming their way if the situation calls for it. They got lucky yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:07:59 AM EST
Just curious did insurance cover the stolen gun? If not and you are an NRA member you have up to $1,000 insurance on firearms that are lost stolen our damaged world wide. IIRC I think its $100 deductible, and they use blue book value. Hey at least its something.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 5:45:56 AM EST
Every time I sign someone up for an NRA membership, I mention the insurance thing. Its a huge benefit.

Originally Posted By rob99vm04:
Just curious did insurance cover the stolen gun? If not and you are an NRA member you have up to $1,000 insurance on firearms that are lost stolen our damaged world wide. IIRC I think its $100 deductible, and they use blue book value. Hey at least its something.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:12:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By SnoopisTDI:

The number KR76109 is on the case, I assume that is the serial number.

You don't know the serial number? I use this:

http://www.somanyroads.org/gunsafe/

to record my guns so I have the info for various purposes. You can record make/model, serial number, buy price, sales price, who you bought from/sold to, etc.

Very handy record keeping in case your gun gets stolen/lost.

It's free, too :)
Top Top