Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 2:28:27 AM EDT
Just heard it on local Channel 10 News. Said she shoplifted $400 worth of clothing from Dillards Department Store in Scottsdale.

For those of you who don't know her, she is Mike Dillon's (Dillon's Precision) daughter-in-law and the weather person on Channel 3 News in Phoenix. She was also in Mike's video "Firestorm in the Desert" rockin-n-rollin with the Thompson and the BAR...

Last I heard, she was quitting the news and doing the show "Your Life A-Z"...

Sucks to be her...
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:46:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Why do people who are obviously not hurting for money shoplift?  It must be like an adrenalline rush or something...
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:17:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats gonna hurt for a while, make you wonder WTF
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:49:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why do people who are obviously not hurting for money shoplift?  It must be like an adrenalline rush or something...

yup....some folks think they can just get away with anything......

that's a real bummer.....
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone please post pics...
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Someone please post pics...

yea who in the hell is she any way?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#6]

www.azfamily.com/images/yourlife/kim_dillon.jpg
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#8]
yea, ill pass on the conjugal visits
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#9]
CBS 5) TV personality Kim Dillon was recently cited for shoplifting. According to a Phoenix police report, Dillon was at the Dillard's store at Paradise Valley Mall August 1st when a store security officer saw her taking clothes and putting them into a Dillard's shopping bag.

An off-duty Phoenix police officer was alertd and reportedly witnessed the same thing. According to a police report, Dillon took a denim jacket into a dressing room, then came out without it. When they checked the room the jacket was gone. That's when the officers stopped her.

Inside the bag they said they found a denim jacket, a blouse, a cashmere sweater and another piece of clothing totaling $407.00. Dillon reportedly told them she had the same items at home and was going to exchange them, but had chosen to do that in the wrong way. She also told them she was having problems with her credit card.

The officers said they recognized her.  Dillon was cited. According to Phoenix police, anything over $250.00 is classified as a felony, and she should have been arrested and detained. The case has been forwarded to the County Attorney's office for review.

Kim Dillon works at KTVK Channel 3. She was a weather anchor, but recently started hosting a morning talk show.

http://www.kpho.com/Global/story.asp?S=3717504&nav=23KtdIHj
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#10]
This kind of stuff just makes no sense to me.  She's got the money to buy anything in the store she wants, and she knows when you return something you have to bring the one you own with you.  Sounds like a case of being temporarily fucked in the head to me.  Not to mention poor technique getting caught like that on camera.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like she read the book "How to shitcan your career" by Jerry Foster. (former helocopter pilot for channel 12 caught shoplifting at the same mall at some chick store)
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sounds like she read the book "How to shitcan your career" by Jerry Foster. (former helocopter pilot for channel 12 caught shoplifting at the same mall at some chick store)

I thought Jerry Foster was busted for weed????

And, if she was busted for a felony, it's gonna be real tough for hubby to keep firearms around. All for $407 worth of clothing..
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Weed and a week or two later shoplifting at some girls purse store.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:49:56 PM EDT
[#14]
She may be a Kleptomaniac like Winona Ryder:

Google, definition of Kleptomania:
A propensity to steal, claimed to be irresistible. This does not constitute legal irresponsibility.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:52:19 AM EDT
[#15]
She'll plea no contest and the plea will probably be for a misdemeanor shoplift.  She'll have a year of probation, and some community service.  That's the worst case scenario for her.  Since she'll undoubtedly have an attorney, who probably costs 30 times the amount she shoplifted, she might get off free and clear.  People will very soon forget what happened.  

Supposedly she was very "confused" about what she did.  Perhaps she has a problem with prescription drugs?  It should be interesting to watch this one play out.  I wonder if she's still doing the weather.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:44:23 AM EDT
[#16]
She could always claim she was doing a story on how easy it is to steal.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:52:46 AM EDT
[#17]
A former Miss Arizona. I think she had a child several years ago.

I'D HIT IT!!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:28:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought Jerry Foster was busted for weed????

And, if she was busted for a felony, it's gonna be real tough for hubby to keep firearms around. All for $407 worth of clothing..

anyone remember when he dropped a baggie o' weed from his newschopper right into the middle of a high school half time show????

hee hee

helicopter: a thing to keep your weed in............hee hee hee hee....

I do hope Mrs. Dillon can get her act straightened out.....
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:26:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, she wasn't on the news this morning.  What a waste.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

that's a real bummer.....

Why?  Does anyone really care that this happened?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Would it be cruel and unusual to lop a shoplifters hand off?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#23]
I would be happy to "punish" her.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Would it be cruel and unusual to lop a shoplifters hand off?

Depends on what you do with the hand afterward..

Put it in a jar and give it to the person that was robbed?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#25]
She must have some mental illness in her brain to do crap like this.Hang her!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Damn!  PV Mall is in my beat!  Maybe I wasn't working when she got nicked. I would have booked her, I don't know what those guys were thinking just giving her a CLD.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#27]
TBK should lock her account here!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#28]
She can dump a few pounds and then pose in a mag with her little ghilli hanging out. She'll make back the money real quick.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:17:14 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
She can dump a few pounds and then pose in a mag with her little ghilli hanging out. She'll make back the money real quick.

I don't recall her being either Fat or short of money.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:18:45 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
TBK should lock her account here!

She's one of us?????
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:35:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't recall her being either Fat or short of money.

Ok, she might not be fat or poor, but based on standard profiling of shop lifting psyche, she'll probably be hanging out her little ghilli out soon in a mag for the thrill and attention.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I know these people first hand and its sad to see that someone with a good living will do this.  Must be bored or something.

I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!

SHE WAS FRAMED BY THAT BITCH...  LIZ HABIB!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I know these people first hand and its sad to see that someone with a good living will do this.  Must be bored or something.

I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!

My niece's husband used to date Liz before he met my niece. When they first got together, my niece found all kinds of "toys" in the bedroom which Liz had left behind and her new boyfriend (husband) never threw away. He said "He forgot about them".. She was pretty freaky in the sack from what I gathered...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#35]

LIZ HABIB!!!

Ahhh yes.... this is where I'd heard that name before....

She's shown up over here in CA now, on the L.A.  UPN (ch 13 here) station 22:00 news...

What's with the wide-eyed 'runaway bride' look.   Did she do that when in AZ too?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

LIZ HABIB!!!

She's shown up over here in CA now, on the L.A.  UPN (ch 13 here) station 22:00 news...

What's with the wide-eyed 'runaway bride' look.   Did she do that when in AZ too?

Only when she wasn't "chemically enhanced", one of the reasons she was let go I believe.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

LIZ HABIB!!!

That Bitch was Crazy!!  She's perfect for Kali!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:42:37 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!

My niece's husband used to date Liz before he met my niece. When they first got together, my niece found all kinds of "toys" in the bedroom which Liz had left behind and her new boyfriend (husband) never threw away. He said "He forgot about them".. She was pretty freaky in the sack from what I gathered...

I saw her once at this night club years ago when she first started working at channel 3.  She was with this typical jock looking guy, and she just followed about 10 paces behind him, arm crossed and not a hint of a smile.  I couldn't get over how short she was and how big her ass was!  She looked about 5'2" and had a huge ass you couldn't miss.

I think they let her go because she was a party girl and had gotten her name in the news for cussing out a Scottsdale cop at another night club.  Also, it was rumored she wanted more money at contract time and they said no way.

Wasn't she married to a Phoenix cop?  I wonder if she just left him or what?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top