Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 9:00:14 PM EDT

No, I wasn't there, but noticed this post on subguns.com: http://www.subguns.com/boards/mgmsg.cgi?read=573550
Cincylance

I think the guy with the M249 is M60 Joe.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
While he is a legitimate 2A supporter, don't think he isn't there to get the gun vote.  Hell, John Kerry went goose hunting.

Never trust a politician, especially right before an election.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:14:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Big +1

Politicians lie only at one time...

WHEN THEIR LIPS MOVE!

From where I sit, both sides have a lot of 'splainin to do

as Ricky Ricardo would say.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:56:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
While he is a legitimate 2A supporter, don't think he isn't there to get the gun vote.  Hell, John Kerry went goose hunting.

Never trust a politician, especially right before an election.

+ eleven tee billion
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:26:11 AM EDT
[#4]
John Kerry didn't wear any eyes and ears on his supposed shoot. No safety glasses or ear protection. I don't care who you are you usually atleast wear safety glasses and hearing protection of some sort. Do politicians lie.........yes. I know when I shoot I always at the least cover my eyes.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:04:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I'll say this in Ken's defense - courting MG owners (a tiny fractional number of gun owners) is a whole helluva lot better than going out and showing "sportsmen" that you're one of them. There are 1000x more duck and deer hunters than MG owners, and there isn't a social stigma with holding a goose gun like there is being photographed next to an MG owner.

My tooth hence.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:08:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Showing up at a mg shoot could hurt a politician more than helping..

Think about it...  all the sheeple out there who are afraid of guns...

Hat's off to Ken!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#7]
If swingset were the Gov, we could have all kinds of fullauto ranges in Ohio. What do ya think ? Also a mandatory CLEO signoff on ATF Form 4.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:41:03 AM EDT
[#8]
This may have indeed been a photo op for Blackwell, but I have yet to see it turn up in the papers around Central Ohio.  In my mind, if he'd even step foot on a range where Class III or military firearms are being shot and risk the scrutiny of the Left and the media that typically support them, he has my vote!  

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#9]
The CMP and NRA National Rifle Matches have been held about two hours from Columbus almost EVERY year (with the exception of WW2) since 1903!  Those matches are attended by some of the best military and civilian riflemen in the nation, and since the mid 90s have been dominated by that evil assault bullet hose called the AR-15.

The National Trophy Rifle & Pistol Matches are as legitimate as a shooting sport could be, and when was the last time you saw ANY Ohio Governor there?  The matches are held on an Ohio NG camp, for God's sake.  You would think that CinC of the Ohio National Guard would show his face and open his pie hole at the opening ceremonies, right?  Wrong.

I am glad to see Ken Blackwell have the sack to appear in pictures next to a civilian holding an M249.  That takes some serious political courage, as someone already pointed out.  I hope I can call Ken "Mr. Governor" next year and I would hope that he would take the opportunity to open HIS National Matches in 2007.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:02:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I wonder if we're ever see Strickland and Fisher next to a civilian holding a select fire weapon. Chances are very slim. Ken Blackwell for teh win!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#11]
sad to say, but strickland will most likely win.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
sad to say, but strickland will most likely win.

Such a shame, as he would have probaly been the best bet for Ohio gun owners.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Ken not only appeared on the line, he also shot while there, and so did some of his staff.  Ken was photographed shooting a full-auto MAC!  Now, find me another politician with the balls to do that.  Ok, maybe Dick Cheney, but I meant in Ohio, and Cheney keeps his machineguns pretty much under the radar.  Ken Blackwell has been a friend to gun owners for years and years, this isn't a last-minute position.  

All you guys talking smack about politicians should be out there helping get a guy like Ken Blackwell elected.  We have a golden opportunity to make a choice between a gun-loving guy like Blackwell and a Gun-banning libfag like Fischer.  Now, on election night you watch the results come in and you'll have a very good idea of just how much gun-owners really care about elections, and as a direct correlary how much politicians will care about gun owners.  I hope enough of us are out there doing the right thing.    

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Here he is shooting the 249...

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#15]
and on the MAC...

Fischer would never let Strickland do that!  Get out and vote for Blackwell!!  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Almost forgot, yes that is an NRA Life Member leather jacket he's wearing.  
Are you ready to vote yet?  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Blackwell is DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Well, I'll say this in Ken's defense - courting MG owners (a tiny fractional number of gun owners) is a whole helluva lot better than going out and showing "sportsmen" that you're one of them. There are 1000x more duck and deer hunters than MG owners, and there isn't a social stigma with holding a goose gun like there is being photographed next to an MG owner.

My tooth hence.

+1000
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:23:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I have to say, I am impressed.  Photo ops like this one are rare.

I am still voting for Pierce though.  Trying to do my part to prove that 3rd party folks are viable.

Sorry Lance and Armdcitizen.  We've talked it over before, but I am a bit miffed with Republican candidates...not all, but some.

Don't worry though, the only Democrats that are getting my vote is Marc Dan for Attorney General.  Betty Montgomery is given a C by the NRA and Dan an A.  I'm not voting for Dewine or Brown both are horrible choices.

Cool pictures though and I like how Blackwell ponied up right when he was shooting them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:51:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I have to say, I am impressed.  Photo ops like this one are rare.

And that is why we must do everything possible to get a righteous dude like Ken Blackwell in, think of the kids

Quoted:
I am still voting for Pierce though.  Trying to do my part to prove that 3rd party folks are viable.

Personally I think it's a wasted vote, Ken Blackwell has proven that he is on our side yet you choose to vote elsewhere.  
The only other time I have seen a Politician pose with a Mac 10 was old Chucky, this to me tells me he is on our side, he also gets a righteous write up from the OGCA, consider what we could lose before you vote, and remember that we could end up losing some if not most of our rights in Ohio if the wrong man gets in.

Quoted:
Sorry Lance and Armdcitizen.  We've talked it over before, but I am a bit miffed with Republican candidates...not all, but some

If not all, then count this one in the not all count, Ken is righteous, he is the one we need and while I would like the idea of going with a 3rd party, I know at the moment it won't happen, and I will not waste my vote. Some will say it is not wasted as you voted your gut, but it will not make a difference at the moment and there is too much to lose.

Quoted:
Don't worry though, the only Democrats that are getting my vote is Marc Dan for Attorney General.  Betty Montgomery is given a C by the NRA and Dan an A.  I'm not voting for Dewine or Brown both are horrible choices.

Marc Dann is a given here.

Quoted:
Cool pictures though and I like how Blackwell ponied up right when he was shooting them.

Cool pictures indeed, which I will have to pass on to a few Libs I know.

Blackwell for teh win!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

My tooth hence.

Also very true.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:44:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It's not working.  

Strickland says "thank you", though.  
Fischer would thank you too, but he's busy writing new gun laws to have ready right after the election.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:56:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not working.  

Fischer would thank you too, but he's busy writing new gun laws to have ready right after the election.  

Awww come on man, that's a low blow.

Unfortunately, Blackwell shot himself in the foot the last election appearing far too partisan when sitting in an office that he should have been party neutral...I honestly think.  If he had not done that, I think he would be in a good position right now to win the election.  That said, I think we will still have a very pro-gun State Senate and HR...we better.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:56:57 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not working.  

Ain't that the truth, well, I guess it was nice while it lasted
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:12:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Don't count your chickens just yet on another thread Strickland steped in John Kerry's poo so he may have just dropped a bit in the pole's

Blackwell and his running mate both get a A+ from the NRA
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top