Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 5/2/2018 12:13:49 AM EST
I bought a sub-2000 to keep in the trunk since it’s not on any of the lists. Can anyone confirm that I won’t have a problem? I plan to keep the loaded mags in a locked ammo can.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:01:40 AM EST
unless you are transporting to and from a range, smith, dealer, then its a no no
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 1:19:24 PM EST
But its a rifle that doesn't fit any of the nasty pistol or black guns categories/lists!
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 3:19:35 PM EST
its still a firearm

but if you dont mind being arrest, please tempt it
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 5:36:25 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mdram:
unless you are transporting to and from a range, smith, dealer, then its a no no
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
its still a firearm

but if you dont mind being arrest, please tempt it
This sure sounds like the regulated firearm law and not for transport of regular long guns. Was this changed with FSA2013?

If not, then what you state is not correct and applies to ONLY regulated firearms (handguns/'assault (sic) weapons').

If it did, then you would be correct and would you please provide a link to the relevant text in the law?
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 7:05:06 AM EST
send en ameail here, they will verify it

licensing@mdsp.org
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 8:18:50 AM EST
send en ameail here, they will verify it

licensing@mdsp.org
View Quote
Thank you, but I'm not interested in asking MSP. I was simply hoping you would be able to substantiate the claim you made above.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 8:49:50 AM EST
well then contact the state attorney general, i am sure he can give you the section of the law

but you want want to know
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 1:16:28 PM EST
well then contact the state attorney general, i am sure he can give you the section of the law

View Quote
I'm curious how people allow themselves to provide ADVICE without knowing the specifics just to make themself feel more important. Please stay out of the conversation unless you have something to contribute.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 1:17:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By eshell:

This sure sounds like the regulated firearm law and not for transport of regular long guns. Was this changed with FSA2013?

If not, then what you state is not correct and applies to ONLY regulated firearms (handguns/'assault (sic) weapons').

If it did, then you would be correct and would you please provide a link to the relevant text in the law?
View Quote
This!
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 6:54:21 AM EST
Sub 2k is good to go for truck gun in Maryland. Very popular gun for that purpose here. Any long gun is fine, just don’t have a handgun.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 6:11:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By TheDevilYouLove:
Sub 2k is good to go for truck gun in Maryland. Very popular gun for that purpose here. Any long gun is fine, just don’t have a handgun.
View Quote
So does that mean my 16" rifle is ok for a truck gun... not a pistol?
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 12:16:53 AM EST
if its unrestricted its fine.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:56:52 PM EST
If you get stopped by any Law Enforcement, right or wrong, you may have a problem. Unless you tell them you are travelling to/from the range
or other legitimate purpose. It may depend on the opinion of the Officer making the stop.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 7:23:41 PM EST
Another consideration is that Maryland gun laws are ambiguous intentionally, modified often and most law enforcement personnel haven't a clue as to actual current law.

Some poor guy got told recently that his radar detector was illegal. The cop was wrong! Only illegal in commercial vehicles under federal law in Maryland. He was in his personal car.

According to all I know about current Maryland law, there is no such thing as a trunk gun. Firearms of any kind are to be transported only between locations of storage and lawful use.

OP - Read the law for yourself, is my best advice. I have lived here most of my 62 years and would not carry any firearm in my car without a permit and they are nearly impossible to get. The exception is when going to a range, or other lawful activity.

I try to know a little about such things as an 03 FFL(C&R) and a Maryland Designated Collector. I put them in the car, I take them out. Clean and repeat.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 8:40:57 PM EST

View Quote
Brian Frosh will love you tenderly. The ahole is Maryland's leading anti-gunner.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:53:06 AM EST
I can't beleave all the bad advise that was given in this tread. Then when someone gives an accurate answer the o.p. didn't like it. The law in md is you can not transport any fire arm in Maryland unless it is to and from home or to a legal place to use it. Such as hunting, shooting range, gun shop/gun Smith. Unless you are a designated collector with Maryland paper you can not legally take it down the road to show your friend. Collector and have public and private showeing of their guns.

Don't carry a gun around in your vehicle outside of listed reasons. You will go to jail. Also even if you are on your farm driving your tractor, truck even your atv.eith a loaded gun You can be ticketed and or arrested by dnr police

Maryland laws are clear as mud but the transportation laws are clear and so is the having loaded gun in or even leaning on your vehicle when in the field.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:55:42 AM EST
Originally Posted By Rickypoole:
I can't beleave all the bad advise that was given in this tread. Then when someone gives an accurate answer the o.p. didn't like it. The law in md is you can not transport any fire arm in Maryland unless it is to and from home or to a legal place to use it. Such as hunting, shooting range, gun shop/gun Smith. Unless you are a designated collector with Maryland paper you can not legally take it down the road to show your friend. Collector and have public and private showeing of their guns.

Don't carry a gun around in your vehicle outside of listed reasons. You will go to jail.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rickypoole:

Don't carry a gun around in your vehicle outside of listed reasons. You will go to jail.
Again, contagious BGOS, and still WITHOUT giving any reference to the law being invoked. What IS the accurate answer?

PLEASE provide an actual reference to the law you think and say exists. Please help us stay out of trouble with our unregulated firearms. Please substantiate your assertions that what have always been handgun transport restrictions now apply across the board.

When you say "listed reasons", I suspect you are referencing section 4-203, which deals with HANDGUNS. I say this because the only "listed reasons" I can find and/or am aware of appear in section 4-203, b) 3 & 4. Have a look right here at this forum:https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/MD-Transporting-Laws-banned-Assault-Pistols-now-w-SB281-FAQ-pg3/29-284452/

Unless YOU can show the law you insist applies here, I would suggest that your advice is no more valid than that which you criticize.

Now:
Also even if you are on your farm driving your tractor, truck even your atv.eith a loaded gun You can be ticketed and or arrested by dnr police

Maryland laws are clear as mud but the transportation laws are clear and so is the having loaded gun in or even leaning on your vehicle when in the field.
Here, when discussing LOADED firearms, I will agree with you, BUT, the OP never said anything about carrying a loaded firearm in his trunk. Why you would assume this or even bring it up in this thread is unclear. He specifically states he will have loaded magazines in an ammo can, which IS fine. Also right here at this forum, under the link I provided above:

Question 1: According to the laws of Maryland, can I legally transport a
loaded magazine(s), separate from a firearm, in my vehicle when traveling
to/from locations/activities listed in Article §4-203?

I can find no prohibition in Maryland law against transporting a loaded
magazine.

So, as I had asked of the other poster who so vehemently insists there is law, but cannot or will not link or quote the law: Please show us where you get your legal information. I am subject to error, just like you, and I will gladly defer to your legal expertise in this subject if you will simply quote the law that makes you say such things.

To be clear, I am NOT looking to argue, I am looking for the truth. Those which insist handgun transport laws apply to unregulated long guns would do us all a service by quoting the law they say applies here, instead of simply stating their opinions. In other words, CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG, please.
Top Top