Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2018 1:13:49 AM EDT
I bought a sub-2000 to keep in the trunk since it’s not on any of the lists. Can anyone confirm that I won’t have a problem? I plan to keep the loaded mags in a locked ammo can.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 8:01:40 AM EDT
unless you are transporting to and from a range, smith, dealer, then its a no no
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 2:19:24 PM EDT
But its a rifle that doesn't fit any of the nasty pistol or black guns categories/lists!
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 4:19:35 PM EDT
its still a firearm

but if you dont mind being arrest, please tempt it
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 6:36:25 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mdram:
unless you are transporting to and from a range, smith, dealer, then its a no no
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
its still a firearm

but if you dont mind being arrest, please tempt it
This sure sounds like the regulated firearm law and not for transport of regular long guns. Was this changed with FSA2013?

If not, then what you state is not correct and applies to ONLY regulated firearms (handguns/'assault (sic) weapons').

If it did, then you would be correct and would you please provide a link to the relevant text in the law?
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 8:05:06 AM EDT
send en ameail here, they will verify it

licensing@mdsp.org
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 9:18:50 AM EDT
send en ameail here, they will verify it

licensing@mdsp.org
View Quote
Thank you, but I'm not interested in asking MSP. I was simply hoping you would be able to substantiate the claim you made above.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 9:49:50 AM EDT
well then contact the state attorney general, i am sure he can give you the section of the law

but you want want to know
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 2:16:28 PM EDT
well then contact the state attorney general, i am sure he can give you the section of the law

but you want want to know
View Quote
I'm curious how people allow themselves to provide ADVICE without knowing the specifics just to make themself feel more important. Please stay out of the conversation unless you have something to contribute.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 2:17:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By eshell:

This sure sounds like the regulated firearm law and not for transport of regular long guns. Was this changed with FSA2013?

If not, then what you state is not correct and applies to ONLY regulated firearms (handguns/'assault (sic) weapons').

If it did, then you would be correct and would you please provide a link to the relevant text in the law?
View Quote
This!
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 7:54:21 AM EDT
Sub 2k is good to go for truck gun in Maryland. Very popular gun for that purpose here. Any long gun is fine, just don’t have a handgun.
Top Top