Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/1/2006 12:56:10 PM EDT
Which is a better place to honeymoon?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:54:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:56:35 PM EDT
We're not nightlife people, we want nice places to hike and take in the beauty, nice beaches, not too many people.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:12:16 PM EDT
Kauai

We found Maui to be too similar to Honolulu

Also consider Hilo

Not too touristy, lots of cool things to do reatively close by

Chris
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:29:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:29:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/1/2006 8:31:37 PM EDT by darealickt]
KAUAI!
KAUAI!
KAUAI!

Maui has become a little Honolulu over the past 10 years. Kauai is absolutely, 100%, withoutadoubt the place to go if visiting Hawaii. Most of the shots you see in travel magazines and advertisements for Hawaii are of Kauai. The north coast in particular. Hike Na Pali coast, visit Hanakapiai beach, Hanalei Bay. Kauai is the place.

If you are really looking to get away - I mean NO night life, almost NO people, NO traffic, NO stoplights, NO nothing but nature and unspoiled Hawaii - visit Molokai. Molokai is Kauai taken to the extreme. You do things from sun up to sun down because there is nothing to do at night but look at the stars. Molokai Ranch and Beach Villiage on the west side of the island is where we like to stay. The GF and I have vacationed on Molokai for each of the last three summers and will be going back again this year. You just can't get further away from civilization than Molokai.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:42:11 PM EDT
Hows hog/goat/deer hunting with rifles on Kauai and Molokai?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:40:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By nf9648:
Hows hog/goat/deer hunting with rifles on Kauai and Molokai?

Don't know. Haven't hunted on either island. I have hunted axis deer and mouflon sheep on Lanai, however. The deer hunting was great - we would sit on the beach at dawn on Lanai's northeastern shore, when the deer come out to the shoreline to lick salt off the sand. A short distance away, across the channel, was the profile of Maui and Molokai. What an experience.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:39:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By darealickt:
KAUAI!
KAUAI!
KAUAI!

Maui has become a little Honolulu over the past 10 years. Kauai is absolutely, 100%, withoutadoubt the place to go if visiting Hawaii. Most of the shots you see in travel magazines and advertisements for Hawaii are of Kauai. The north coast in particular. Hike Na Pali coast, visit Hanakapiai beach, Hanalei Bay. Kauai is the place.

If you are really looking to get away - I mean NO night life, almost NO people, NO traffic, NO stoplights, NO nothing but nature and unspoiled Hawaii - visit Molokai. Molokai is Kauai taken to the extreme. You do things from sun up to sun down because there is nothing to do at night but look at the stars. Molokai Ranch and Beach Villiage on the west side of the island is where we like to stay. The GF and I have vacationed on Molokai for each of the last three summers and will be going back again this year. You just can't get further away from civilization than Molokai.

+1
Top Top