Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/2/2005 4:15:31 PM EDT
The disaster in the gulf should open people's eyes to self reliance and preparation. I am not being anti-gov't but if you think that the US GOV'T or your LOCAL GOV'T is going to protect you and your family in a MAJOR disaster, YOUR DEAD WRONG!!!......Just look at what is going on in the Gulf.

Arm yourself with Guns and AMMO........Keep plently of food and water on hand......Prepare yourselves to protect and feed your own family......

Hopefully many lessons will be learned from this disaster.........Being prepared should be one of those lessons learned.

GhostCat
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:17:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GhostCat:
The disaster in the gulf should open people's eyes to self reliance and preparation. I am not being anti-gov't but if you think that the US GOV'T or your LOCAL GOV'T is going to protect you and your family in a MAJOR disaster, YOUR DEAD WRONG!!!......Just look at what is going on in the Gulf.

Arm yourself with Guns and AMMO........Keep plently of food and water on hand......Prepare yourselves to protect and feed your own family......

Hopefully many lessons will be learned from this disaster.........Being prepared should be one of those lessons learned.

GhostCat

While I agree that everyone should prepare for the worst, I disagree with you about the government. They are doing a fantastic job. From the local to the Federal. If they hadn't, many more thousands of people would be dead and dieing right now. Also, while it's good to take care of yourself and family, if you are one of the fortunate ones and have the ability to help, there is nothing wrong with giving your neighbor a helping hand.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:32:25 PM EDT
I agree with both of you. Gov't is doing all it should but you also had best be ready to do your part.
I see the disaster as a complete justification and condemnation of the liberal mindset of sitting on your ass and waiting for someone else to take the responsibility of taking care of you. This didn't happen in NY on 911 cause of the local leadership (Gulliani) and the capable like minded people he put into government positions knew what to do. They were businessmen. They knew how to work and organize and get the necessary things done and the right priorities. The damn NO mayor is a tantrum throwing whinning liberal who demands someone take care of his city cause he has a system of political welfare minded appointees who aren't capable of anything but what they got.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:48:35 PM EDT
USPC40...yes, the Gov't is doing a fantastic job....now that 5-6 days have past and the american public have demanded a response.....It just seems to me that more could've been done.
For that matter, even Pres. Bush said today that the response to this disaster has been unacceptable.

I am all for helping out your friends and nieghbors.....only after you have secured your own families security and needs.....

Axl.......very well said........

GhostCat
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:12:18 PM EDT
The governor of La just said on TV in Shreveport she asked for the federal troops the day she mentioned it in her press conference. That was Yesterday. She did not ask for FEMA help until Tuesday
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:24:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GhostCat:
USPC40...yes, the Gov't is doing a fantastic job....now that 5-6 days have past and the american public have demanded a response.....It just seems to me that more could've been done.
For that matter, even Pres. Bush said today that the response to this disaster has been unacceptable.

I am all for helping out your friends and nieghbors.....only after you have secured your own families security and needs.....

Axl.......very well said........

GhostCat

You must only be referring to Federal government then. The local and state governments had been doing things to prepare since before the hurricane hit.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:19:39 PM EDT
I know this is a bad situation, believe me im in the middle of it everyday. I'm flying missions with the national guard in the mornings and then running around all afternoon trying to find fuel to keep the generators at our telecom sites running so that what phone service is still working stays working. It really pisses me off for all these people to blame the government for not doing enough to help them out right now. Hurricanes dont pop up out of nowhere as Cat 4&5 storms. These people had more than enough notice and were told to leave. I am aware some people simply didnt have any means to leave whether it was no money or no transportation but many people could have and simply didnt. I think the burden of responsibility fell on them to do everything they could to get themselves and their families out of harms way.

There just simply isnt enough assets and logistics to get everyone what they need immediately but everything that can be done is being done. I hope this does open people eyes and they quit underestimating mothernature and learn to take care of themselves and not expect others to do it for them. Most of our local national guard troops and equipment are overseas, between last year and this year FEMA has exhausted most of its resources. The governments capacity is very limited right now to respond to and deal with a catastrophic disaster such as this one. We just have to be patient because help is coming, it just saddens me to know that it is too little to late for some.

On a side note. I just found out that one of our crews came under fire while dropping food and water off in a group of people in New Orleans today. What the hell are these people thinking? Luckily nobody was hurt but i think the helicopter will be down for about a week. This kind of crap doesnt help the situation at all.

Sorry for the long post, just really tired and very frustrated and needed to vent i guess. I hope everyone is managing and my thoughts and prays go out to those severely effected by the storm.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:41:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ty36695:
I know this is a bad situation, believe me im in the middle of it everyday. I'm flying missions with the national guard in the mornings and then running around all afternoon trying to find fuel to keep the generators at our telecom sites running so that what phone service is still working stays working. It really pisses me off for all these people to blame the government for not doing enough to help them out right now. Hurricanes dont pop up out of nowhere as Cat 4&5 storms. These people had more than enough notice and were told to leave. I am aware some people simply didnt have any means to leave whether it was no money or no transportation but many people could have and simply didnt. I think the burden of responsibility fell on them to do everything they could to get themselves and their families out of harms way.

There just simply isnt enough assets and logistics to get everyone what they need immediately but everything that can be done is being done. I hope this does open people eyes and they quit underestimating mothernature and learn to take care of themselves and not expect others to do it for them. Most of our local national guard troops and equipment are overseas, between last year and this year FEMA has exhausted most of its resources. The governments capacity is very limited right now to respond to and deal with a catastrophic disaster such as this one. We just have to be patient because help is coming, it just saddens me to know that it is too little to late for some.

On a side note. I just found out that one of our crews came under fire while dropping food and water off in a group of people in New Orleans today. What the hell are these people thinking? Luckily nobody was hurt but i think the helicopter will be down for about a week. This kind of crap doesnt help the situation at all.

Sorry for the long post, just really tired and very frustrated and needed to vent i guess. I hope everyone is managing and my thoughts and prays go out to those severely effected by the storm.

May God bless you for the work you're doing and I hope he keeps you safe.

Gotta keep those SLCs up & running, heh? It sure takes a lot of fuel to keep the generators on line.

Rick

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:57:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2005 1:58:52 AM EDT by Khadre]

Originally Posted By ty36695:

very well said...Ty glad you are alright bud...tried calling you also but could not get thru over the last week.

I finally got power tonight and watch a little of the news...it amazes me that those folks in NO are right now told to evacuate as food and supplies were being dropped off to them AND THEY STILL REFUSE TO NOT EVACUATE as the water is still up to their house and area surrounding is flooded at least waist level!

I think supplies and food should be dropped elsewhere (and to much more grateful people) to limit the gene pool of that populace!
Top Top