Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 6:33:47 PM EDT
Seeing how gas prices are probably going to rise due to Katrina's damage, I filled my wife's car up tonight.  It was 2.46 for a gallon of the cheap stuff.  There WERE LINES at the gas station at 8:00 pm.  I think a lot of people are seeing what's about to hit.  It might be a really good idea for everyone to fill 'er up, and even make sure your extra gas cans are full.  We're probably going to set an all time record hight.

Also, those of us in the south, especially southeast, corner of the state could see some flooding, like last year.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I filled mine up today at $2.42 a gallon, and there were lines of cars and lots of not so happy looking people.

- PM

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Would you believe 289.9 a gallon for regular in Montgomery Tuesday morning

Talk about gouging
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#3]
2.5799 to 2.6999 up here in Cleveland....
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Prices are starting to rise in Dayton. I saw $295 on my drive home.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope prices drop after Labor Day. $ 27 for 10 gallons is too much. I have already cut back on my unnecessary driving.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#6]
It's now 309.9 in the Cincinnati area

Hold onto your hat for Labor Day
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#7]
$295 in Dayton and $309 in Cinci!?! Damn, I thought the $2.69 I saw yesterday was expensive; You guys are getting raped!

I called the wife yesterday AM, got her ass out of bed, and had her take all three of our cars down to the BP as it was still $2.42 (I had car-pooled so my ride was at home). I didn't even pay attention today.

Now that Bush released some crude from the strategic reserves, people think the price will go down, but since we power our vehicles with REFINED crude (ie. gasoline) I don't think it's gonna make much of an impact. Sad thing is, true to form, the Dems are bitching about a problem they created; They helped block more refineries being built, and now we're crunched by the price of oil and the refineries ability to refine it into gas (and everything else). Fuckers!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I wish we could start getting some of that oil the libs said we were in Iraq for. I guess the administration is too busy wielding its hurricane and tsunami machine at everyone to get us cheaper oil
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#9]
i got caught

it was still 2.69 this morning when i stopped by the office, but when i went out an hour and a half later, it was 3.09  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i got caught

it was still 2.69 this morning when i stopped by the office, but when i went out an hour and a half later, it was 3.09  

Ditto.  I drove by a few at $2.65, then found $3.09 when I left in-laws.

Hopefully peoples habits will change.  Probably not.

Funy how only 10% comes from the affected area, but prices jumped almost 20%......
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It's now 309.9 in the Cincinnati area

Hold onto your hat for Labor Day

3.09 in clifton heights, 3.19 in clifton and I hear 3.29 in blue ash

just my luck to land a better job in the lebanon area, but if the gas price keeps going up the pay raise won't mean anything anymore.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:39:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i got caught

Ditto.  I drove by a few at $2.65, then found $3.09 when I left in-laws.

Hopefully peoples habits will change.  Probably not.

Funy how only 10% comes from the affected area, but prices jumped almost 20%......

It's not the oil itself from those areas it's that a significant portion of our refineries and distribution networks are on the Gulf coast.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top