Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2021 3:45:02 PM EDT
Looks like I'm moving to Kalamazoo (from Gaylord) for work reasons.

I am a bit spoiled up north for availability of shooting locationsmy property, state land, local gun club.

what are my options for ranges and clubs that offer USPSA or even outlaw matches?
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Kalamazoo Rod & Gun Club
7533 N. Sprinkle Road
Kalamazoo, MI

They accept applications for new members around February 01, every year. People who forget to renew lose their membership and those slots, along with people who moved or are deceased become available to new members via a lottery drawing.

Once you are a member you remain a member until you let your dues slip. At that point you have to enter the next year's drawing just like everyone else.

They have a website and newsletter online. You can probably download a membership application that way as well. November 07 of this year their range is open to the general public for deer rifle sight-in. Anyone can enter, pay a small fee and confirm zeroes. That would be a good day to inspect the facility if you are interested.

There is also another range just west of Kalamazoo with more basic accommodations. Southern Michigan Gun Club.

Slightly North of Kalamazoo is the facility in Dorr, MI.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#2]
There is an unmanned DNR range in Allegan that just got redone and is fairly decent.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kalamazoo Rod & Gun Club
7533 N. Sprinkle Road
Kalamazoo, MI

They accept applications for new members around February 01, every year. People who forget to renew lose their membership and those slots, along with people who moved or are deceased become available to new members via a lottery drawing.

Once you are a member you remain a member until you let your dues slip. At that point you have to enter the next year's drawing just like everyone else.

They have a website and newsletter online. You can probably download a membership application that way as well. November 07 of this year their range is open to the general public for deer rifle sight-in. Anyone can enter, pay a small fee and confirm zeroes. That would be a good day to inspect the facility if you are interested.

There is also another range just west of Kalamazoo with more basic accommodations. Southern Michigan Gun Club.

Slightly North of Kalamazoo is the facility in Dorr, MI.
View Quote

This is a pretty good facility, though I've not been a member for about 5 or 6 years since I moved to Virginia. Not sure what the facilities are like now, but there had been a fair number of renovations in the time I had been a member. I kind of wish that I had maintained my membership so that I have a place to shoot when I come visit family, but my sister's place is out in Fulton and they've got a bit of space to shoot on.

There's also the Paw Paw Conservation Club which isn't too far from the Kalamazoo area. I don't know much about that club, but a friend of mine was a member about 15 years ago and liked it well enough.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]
There are ACTS shoots in Battle Creek @Centerline. I think they are 1x/mo.
Not too far at all.

Chinook3
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info. I'll be moving down there this week.

I applied to the Kalamazoo Rod and Gun Club, but it was later in the application process so my guess is I won't make it this year.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:54:24 AM EDT
[#6]
South Kent Sportsmans club up here in Dorr is a nice range, albeit a bit of a drive. Can shoot out to 547 yards and a bunch of pistol bays. $160 a year and you only need to get two members to sponsor you, and then take a class. If you want to go shooting there pm me and I'll bring you as a guest so you can see if you like the range, or if you just want to shoot before you join a closer range.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
South Kent Sportsmans club up here in Dorr is a nice range, albeit a bit of a drive. Can shoot out to 547 yards and a bunch of pistol bays. $160 a year and you only need to get two members to sponsor you, and then take a class. If you want to go shooting there pm me and I'll bring you as a guest so you can see if you like the range, or if you just want to shoot before you join a closer range.
View Quote
Will do, thanks for the offer.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I got accepted as a new member at KRGC. So if anyone here is a member I may see you around.

I plan on attending the action pistol (outlaw USPSA I assume)

also interested in the steel shoot and rim fire two gun.

I haven shot anything in a couple months and getting an itchy trigger finger.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Action pistol is usually held every Wednesday around 5:30 or 6:00. It's a casual event and you can usually run the course as many times as you want depending on the number of attendees.

NRA and CMP tournaments are held on weekends usually April through September. 200 yard reduced course. No problem getting a spot, many times only twenty or so competitors. They run two relays if they get enough people to show up. It's not like the 1980's when they turned people away because they had over forty competitors.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top