Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2013 11:40:15 AM EDT
Any of you guys ever use Kentucky Gun Coatings for a Cerakote job? I've got a  10/22 and a model 10 I would like to have done.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya he did a Wilson combat for me and came out looking great
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, had him to a Rem 700 barreled action. Was happy with the work and would use him again.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm interested in this too.  How hard have you used the stuff? Have you had any issues with chipping or anything?
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The Wilson is my daily carry so its been carried in a holster for about a year and a half.  I have no chipping and only wear is on the front corners of the slide on the leading edge where it goes in the holster and on the rails which is going to happen with any finish like this.  He does good work and the cerakote holds up MUCH better than Dura
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Wilson is my daily carry so its been carried in a holster for about a year and a half.  I have no chipping and only wear is on the front corners of the slide on the leading edge where it goes in the holster and on the rails which is going to happen with any finish like this.  He does good work and the cerakote holds up MUCH better than Dura

Would you mind posting pictures?  I know everything wears, I'm more concerned with how it wears if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s194.photobucket.com/user/ekujustice/media/image_zpsd0bf22b6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z254/ekujustice/image_zpsd0bf22b6.jpg</a>

Thank you.  That's not bad.  Has it worn anywhere else or just on the front from the holster?  How much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Just on the front and of course on the rails. Don't remember the cost but be has it listed on his site. Been carried in a leather milt sparks holster
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I got my 10/22 and S&W back and I'm very happy with them. The 10/22 is for my wife, wanted something custom for her. I wish I had taken some before pics of the Ruger because it was very cosmetically challenged. It was an old coon hunting gun with a cracked stock that had been spray painted. The Smith was pretty rough also, but in great shape mechanically  just like the Ruger. Rick at KY Gun Coatings was great to deal with and I'll be sending him some work soon.
" />
" />
" />

DSC01509 by [email protected], on Flickr
" />
" />
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for posting the pics.

How well does the cerakote hold up on polymer?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for posting the pics.

How well does the cerakote hold up on polymer?
View Quote

It will hold up just as well as it would on metal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top