Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 9:25:28 AM EDT

it was *awesome*.  Great shop.  Friendly staff, good selection, and and decent prices.  A must for nordic black rifle folks.

RS
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Hate to burst your bubble but their prices are anything but decent! Friendly staff? NOT. They need mood altering drugs! The only up side to them is they do have nice inventory with prices to match!  You can easily save 50 to 100 bucks by driving to visit the Gunstop in Minnetonka or going up to Sportsmans Warehouse.  

Quoted:
it was *awesome*.  Great shop.  Friendly staff, good selection, and and decent prices.  A must for nordic black rifle folks.

RS

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hate to burst your bubble but their prices are anything but decent! Friendly staff? Not they need mood altering drugs! The only up side to them is they do have nice inventory with prices to match!  You can easily save 50 to 100 bucks by driving to visit the Gunstop in Minnetonka or going up to Sportsmans Warehouse.  

Quoted:

RS

I have to agree with rn22723 about J&S.

I have bought two guns from them in the past year and everytime I walk in there I am treated like I had the plauge.

They act like it is such a chore to get a rifle off the wall for you to look at. And sometimes you get a bunch of crap about the guns that you want to look at.

Gun Stop is a much better store. It is small and out of the way for me, but they have a great collection of AR15s and used handguns/rifles.

The best part is they are very warm and friendly to talk to.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Did somebody open up another J&S Custom Guns in Lakeville?  That sure doesn't sound like the J&S I know.  I stopped spending money there some time ago...  Fun place to look around and then leave without buying anything, though.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Well they did move into a different store in the same strip mall! But nothing changed!

Quoted:
Did somebody open up another J&S Custom Guns in Lakeville?  That sure doesn't sound like the J&S I know.  I stopped spending money there some time ago...  Fun place to look around and then leave without buying anything, though.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I have to agree with the other responses.   J&S has to have the WORST service of any gun shop in the cities.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe it was my friendly southern drawl and shit-eating smile...  but they were great - no complaints.  I wasn't expecting a blow from the guy behind the counter, and my questions were answered accurately and in a timely fashion.  They even took stuff off the rack to show me!  As far as I can tell, it was an ace operation today.  Bear in mind, I suppose, that this is a one time observation and the next visit could completely change things.

But I usually get treated very well wherever I go - not sure why.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe the store was being robbed and you were helped by the crooks so as not to draw attention to the 2 guys tied up in back.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Now this I could believe!

Quoted:
Maybe the store was being robbed and you were helped by the crooks so as not to draw attention to the 2 guys tied up in back.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:38:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I have visied J&S on 2 Occassions,  the second of which I had $1k of Mystic Lake's Money burning an absolute hole in my pocket for a Black Rifle.  I knew what it would be like, but I told myself maybe this time it will be better.  NO surprise,  the guy is a Jerk,  he makes you feel stupid for every question that you ask.  The prices are absolutely insane.  

I honestly dont know how he can continue to operate under the circumstances.  I guess there is enough guys in Apple Valley and Lakeville with too much money,  and dont mind forking a bunch over to a poorly excecuted operation.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:02:29 PM EDT
[#10]

+1 bad service and prices

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#11]
that guy there is a jerk and treat there customers like they dont know a thing, but  i did pick up a used sig 229 .40 cal in mint condition for $550 from them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
But I usually get treated very well wherever I go - not sure why.

This could be you situation...

Fletcher Reede: New in the building?

Woman in elevator: Yes. I just moved in Monday.

Fletcher Reede: Oh. Do you like it so far?

Woman in elevator: Oh yes. Everyone's been real nice to me.

Fletcher Reede: Well, that's because you have big jugs.

Fletcher Reede: I mean your boobs are huge. I mean I want to squeeze them.

Fletcher Reede: Mama.

Do you have big jugs?  

Just Kidding, maybe you are just lucky!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#13]
No, I woudn't consider my jugs huge - actually I've never considered my jugs to begin with...  weird.

I guess I just come off as a friendly.  My wife and I have been all over the world, and we've been treated like royalty where ever we go - even Paris.  Sure there are rude people, can't change that - but it is hard to be nasty to someone who's Irish eyes are smilin'.  

And getting drunk just makes it all the better - people go from being friends to being family...

RS
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

And getting drunk just makes it all the better - people go from being friends to being family...

RS

Now, I understand.  You must have been drunk!

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#15]
another +1 on the J & S 'tude.  They are high priced & rude, all in one.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Gee, I thought I was the only one that was treated poorly!  Guess not.

Brad
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:49:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:58:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Then my brother asks, "Can I see that handgun?"  He didn't say shit.  My brother pulls out a big rolled wad of twenties.  The guy walks toward him, smiles, "Sure... Which one..."  my brother flipped him the bird put his money away and we walked out.  When outside he said, that guy lost any chance at my money 30 seconds after we entered that store.

Now my brother is a die-hard GunStop advocate (he just wishes it was closer though).

I love it!  Did you happen to catch the guys expression after the incident.  Oh man, thats just priceless.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
My brother & I went in there once while we were going to the man-mall.

The guy didn't say shit, just stood in the corner glaring at us like we were the scum of the earth...

The whole time, I asked him questions, "Can I see that firearm?"  Not a F(_)cking word came out of the guys mouth.  For a moment he turned burning red I thought he was suffocating while choking on a male appendage that got lodged in his throat or something!

Then my brother asks, "Can I see that handgun?"  He didn't say shit.  My brother pulls out a big rolled wad of twenties.  The guy walks toward him, smiles, "Sure... Which one..."  my brother flipped him the bird put his money away and we walked out.  When outside he said, that guy lost any chance at my money 30 seconds after we entered that store.

Now my brother is a die-hard GunStop advocate (he just wishes it was closer though).

Good for your Brother!!!!!

I always want to do that at a A-Hole gun shop.  Walk in with $1,000 in cash and say this could have been yours.....but you are too rude for my money.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Next time, draw down!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I brought a post ban rifle in to them to have the barrel threaded. It took over 4 months and they threaded it wrong.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:36:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I brought a post ban rifle in to them to have the barrel threaded. It took over 4 months and they threaded it wrong.

That right there is grounds for a Draw Down!  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:40:09 AM EDT
[#24]
agree with the rest of you, found out they had a benelli m1 competition(kinda hard to find)that i have been looking for. came in with 1500 in cash, walked out with the same amount. guy treated me like a punk kid(i was 22 at the time). i think they got a big head when they came up with whatever ar do-dad that they made for jp ent(cant rememeber what it was, maybe somebody can tell me). i even sent a buddy there for a benelli 20 gauge and he got the same deal(and he a detective for a police dept). and then the prices
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#25]
OK - second trip to J&S - awesome again.

The store owner answered all my questions, showed me a couple of guns, and even had some good humor to him.  No, I don't work for J&S - but I'm happy with their service.  The prices are a tad high, but I'll pay a few extra bucks to keep a decent shop in business.  I'm sorry that everyone else had a bad time there - but until I get the same treatment, I'll be a regular.

RS
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Too many people have been treated poorly.  Your experience is the exception, and I doubt things have changed!  SSDD
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:05:47 AM EDT
[#27]
rn22723 is right.  I didn't have a bad experience there just once.  The same thing happens every time.

P.S.  My dog just farted & it was so bad that he got up & left the room.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:14:48 AM EDT
[#28]
RS1 is J&S Custom Guns' Troll Account.  

I know this because I am

This post gets the coveted 5 troll award!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top