Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/23/2005 5:07:23 PM EDT
that possession of a machine-gun, or any other firearm or weapon simulating a
machine-gun and which is adaptable for such use, is a Class D violent felony and NYS sentencing guidelines call for a minimum of 2-7 years in prison even if you have no prior criminal record.

At the same time, commit second degree manslaughter, which is a non-violent felony, and the minimum sentence is probation (no jail time).
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:41:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:29:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 6:30:44 PM EDT by DefMan]
Any excuse to get into the house of butt rape....
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:14:18 PM EDT
screw new york that place sucks
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:54:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BSOG1:

+1...Colorado here I come.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:46:29 AM EDT
Does that mean if I make a machinegun sound while taking a leak at the movies I can go to jail?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:56:13 AM EDT
Yes... I'm glad I eascaped

Originally Posted By phobia:
Does that mean if I make a machinegun sound while taking a leak at the movies I can go to jail?

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:14:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Phil_A_Steen:
or any other firearm or weapon simulating a
machine-gun and which is adaptable for such use...

Vague NY gun law like the above coupled with proactive anti-gun lawmakers and judges are why I don't bring even my technically NY legal post-bans with me when I go back to NY to see family. Even though I don't think it's been prosecuted as such, that NY AW ban language about "or replica therof" is enough reason for me to play it safe.

Anyone remember the felony penalty for possession of a handgun without a NYS handgun permit?
Comparing that with a printed list of lesser punished penalties for other crimes would make an interesting shock add in a newspaper.
"In almost every other state it's considered a right. In NY, it makes you a criminal" (followed by an abridged list of crimes with lesser punishments)
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:57:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 7:57:41 AM EDT by rkbar15]

Originally Posted By phobia:

Yes if your finger is involved.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:01:23 AM EDT
Personally I would be more concerned about the Federal Laws you would be in violation of ,and what those punishments entail. I believe its 10 years, and $250,000 +fees if found guilty of possesion of an unregistered MG.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:41:19 PM EDT

that possession of a machine-gun, or any other firearm or weapon simulating a
machine-gun and which is adaptable for such use, is a Class D violent felony and NYS sentencing guidelines call for a minimum of 2-7 years in prison even if you have no prior criminal record.

At the same time, commit second degree manslaughter, which is a non-violent felony, and the minimum sentence is probation (no jail time).

Makes me wonder about the legality of a firearm equipped with a Hell-Fire trigger in New York State.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:06:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gaelic_Warrior:

Makes me wonder about the legality of a firearm equipped with a Hell-Fire trigger in New York State.

I've wondered that as well. It seems like you are in a gray zone. The statute would be tough to enforce due to it's vagueness (it I point my finger at someone and go rat-a-tat-a-tat, have I "simulated" a machinegun)?

But it's not somewhere I'm going to be.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:51:54 AM EDT

Ever been here? Don't compare the entire state to NYC.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:26:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gaelic_Warrior:

BTDT. Was shooting M-11 Carbine with a Hell-Fire attatchement when a NY State Trooper started walking across the field we were shooting into. He came up to us and said "Sorry boys, that didnt sound like firecrackers to me from the road. What are you shooting?"

I showed him the set up and gave him a quick explanation, offering to let him try it out for himself. He said for me to go ahead and shoot a magazine. Just before I was about to fire, he stopped me and said first to shoot only one round and hold the trigger back. When I did that I let him see it was semiauto. Then he said go ahead, and I proceeded to dump the remaining 31 rounds down range. He Was fine with it and went back to his car. But he had pulled into a mud spot, and was stuck. We wheeled the tractor over and pulled him out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:46:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2005 8:47:40 AM EDT by MachinegunManiac]

Originally Posted By tc556guy:

Ever been here? Don't compare the entire state to NYC.

Well he does make a good point if you're talking about the state government and the political landscape.

Similar political bullshit all over the state but just lesser than NYC.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:17:04 PM EDT
NYC is a whole lot nicer than many places in the US. There is also palces in NY that you would never guess was NY. Dont judge a state based on its gun laws. Beside what many people think, its a very safe and nice place to live
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:26:45 PM EDT
It's funny to hear people who have never been to NYC or haven't been here in a generation give their views on NYC.

It's one of nicest, cleanest, funnest places to live, other than the sucky gun laws and expensive real estate.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:10:52 PM EDT

It's funny to hear people who have never been to NYC or haven't been here in a generation give their views on NYC.

It's one of nicest, cleanest, funnest places to live, other than the sucky gun laws and expensive real estate.

We can all thank Rudy for that transformation!
Top Top