Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2004 4:44:18 PM EDT
He's basically regurgitating talking points from HCI.  To wit:

He claims S.1805 would give immunity to the Washington gun dealer that Malvo/Muhammad stole the AR-15 from.  Never mind that the dealer was in compliance with Federal law and that the dealer can't be responsibel for the actions of a stolen gun, let alone one purchased legally.

He tried to introduce an amendment despite explicit instructions from the Senate leadership to pass a 'clean' bill.

He's proud of passage of the AWB extension amendment that he made with Feinstein.  Thank goodness the bill was ultimately killed.  What is interesting is that the first time the AWB passed, Gore broke a 50-50 tie.  This time, it had a vote of 52-47.

He cites significant reductions in the use of "ASSault weapons" in crimes, but fails to provide sources for his data.

And in conclusion, he says his opinion on the AW ban has evolved.  Should I tell him my consideration for voting for him has evolved, too?
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep Sen Warner is a dumbass on the politics of guns!
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#2]
RINO
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#3]
What did we expect from a man who married Liz Taylor?
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 3:06:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I will vote for who every runs agianst him!
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 3:20:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Should I tell him my consideration for voting for him has evolved, too?

I doubt it'll do any good.  Word in the local GOP is that he's not running for office again.

If he does, I won't back him.
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 4:16:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I received the same letter yesterday and I'll be returning a letter within a week.  I'll post it here for approval before I send it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 5:32:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I received the same letter yesterday

I got the same letter.
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I got the same letter.  He will be receiving a response from me and it will not be pleasant.  He is obviously associated with the wrong political party.  I'll be sure to mention that if he does run for office again, that I'll be doing everything I can to help him lose.  

Can you tell I'm pissed about the response?
Scott
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I got the letter too...
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#10]
i got the same bull shit. am thinking i may wipe my ass with it and send it back.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Got mine 2 days ago, and am trying to think up a response that isn't full of cuss words.
Kinda hard to do that as pissed as I am.

It think that I'm gonna vote for Mickey Mouse.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Got mine today.  Dated 4/22.  I guess those of us down here in the sticks get our mail by horse & buggy.

If Warner wants to blow smoke up someone's ass, I suggest he moves to San Francisco, cause that shit don't play down here in the sticks.

Remind me again how this polesmoker got elected?  I guess this is what happens when people vote one-party tickets.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#13]
At the very least, we should send a letter and a check to Sen. Allen, who seems to understand the role of limited government, and cc: the letter to Sen. Warner.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I got one too.

Reading between the lines..... 'I'm knuckling under to Unions to appear to be centrist. If that screws you over... tough shit. I'll get more votes if the Unions support me.'

-LS
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 4:46:16 AM EDT
[#15]
What really scares me about warner is the fact that he's in bed with feinstein on the AWB.  Is it possible that he's too old and losing his mind?

Edited to add: we're gonna have keep our eyes on S.2109 which Senator Warner stated, "is still pending before the Senate".  We'll need to step up our efforts and let Senator Allen know that we oppose this bill...he (Allen) seems to be on our side.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I got it too.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Uh, me too...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he obviously has misunderstood several things.

#1 -- An "assault weapon" is full-auto or burst...

#2 --  CDC has shown that it had NO effect on overall crime or deaths in America.

#3 -- AK47's and Uzis are still being made in the US, as late as today 5-May-04, but they are neutered versions with compliant parts.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:37:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I got the it too.

I sent my reply telling him he has betrayed the people of VA. We will not be turned into the next CA. He has to go !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top