Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 3:18:14 PM EDT
I stopped by Bill's Buy and Sell between while making my rounds between offices and found a new LE-marked Carbon-15 M4 with collapsible stock and flashider for $850. I almost didn't notice it because it was just put on the shelf (he only had for 10 minutes before I bought it) right when I walked in.

The barrel is marked:   B  MP 5.56 NATO  1/9

I will try and take it to the range this week but the Henderson Days Car Show is this weekend. I will gave a range report as soon as I can.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#1]
sweet! You are REALLY taking advantage of the expiration!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah....taking advantage of it until the wife catches on the collection has been growing weekly. Once she does catch on.....you probably won't see me post much in here because I will be . Even my 7 year-old noticed it... he said "Cool, a plastic M16 just like mine". He has an Airsoft M4 carbine that looks just like me new Bushy M4. I had to play it off like I just picked my rifle up from the gunstore and had it "fixed".

I bought the Knight's RAS handguards for it already. Can't wait to take it the range but this Sunday I promised to take a friend and his wife to Church. I guess that's a good thing...right

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'd like to see that BM, Ryan (Gunbert) had the old Carbon-15 and it was a POS. The BM Carbon-15 is supposed to be really nice.

Last year I saw the bolt and carrier shear in half on an "old" type Carbon-15. The rifle belonged to one of my students and the gun never ran consistantly to begin with. Bushmaster is a good company and hopefully with the acquisition of the company that originally made the guns, they will have worked out the bugs. I always thought the Carbon-15 was was a great innovation in modern weapons making, but for some reason they just couldn't seem to stay running.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope this thing shoot well because it sure looks good even if it doesn't

I picked up a Knight's RAS handguard system from John at Citadel during the week and Leon from Center Mass helped me put it on. He also rebarreled an upper for me. It sure is nice having him as a neighbor

I will posting a barely used RRA heavy 16" post-ban barrel in the EE but let me know if any locals are interested. I will post it tomorrow.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Doc,
Is your barrel a mid-length or standard carbine?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#7]
It has the M4 profile but is a full 16".

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Whats the wieght on that Carbon 15 ?? I picked up a couple of Bushy LEO's from Bills the day after the ban sunset. One was an A2 with a 16" pencil and  is super light. I was thinking about trying out one of the Carbon models.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#9]
This thing is SUPER light. I am about to go shooting in BC right now and will give a report about how it functions when I get back.

thanks,
Ron

UPDATE:

I took the rifle shooting today at BC and it shot like a champ. The rifle has the flashider/brake combo LE unit and the recoil is almost nil. Also, I got to shoot the M17s bullpup today. Talk about a plinker. That thing felt like a .22 but the only drawback to that weapon is the all aluminum (extruded) receiver. It gets warm pretty fast. I happen to have a pair of work gloves in my truck that came in handy after 4 clips. I am definitely going to have the M17s modified but the LE Bushmaster Carbon M4 went through mags without a hitch.

thanks,
Ron
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top