Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 10:28:19 PM EDT
Hey there fellow Oregonians...

After 6+ years away from my family and friends, I have finally returned to the beautiful (and now traffically congested!) Rogue Valley (Medford specifically).

The only down-side to this is that I moved back without securing a job for myself, and am having some trouble finding work.

I'm a Navy vet (5 1/2+ years, left as an ET2 in Sept. 2004) with an Honorable Discharge, have a strong electronics and computer background (due to my Navy schooling and experience) and just left a gov't job running a big computer network for the Army's CGSC.

I'm waiting to get into the RCC Electrician apprenticeship program, and in the meantime, while taking some math classes at RCC, I really need a job.

I'm a hard worker, fast learner, and a self-starter. I'm also willing to try just about anything so long as it pays $10 or more an hour, and I don't have to wear a tie.

If anyone has any leads, or if your company is hiring, please shoot me an IM or email to [email protected]. I would really appreciate any info or leads someone could give me!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#1]
These should get you started. I am in Central Point so I guess we will be neighbors. If you need anything else just drop me an e-mail @   sfarrington1 "at" msn.com
*ETA make links hot

Medford Employment Office

Medford Yahoo

Medford Monster

Medford Mail Tribune

City of Medford

Jackson County

Steve
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the links...hopefully my employment woes will be solved shortly!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:00:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Medford here also. The economy is real good right now, more jobs available than usual. A lot of decent jobs are buried in the temp agencies, take a look at them. Some good companies use the temp to hire process to eyeball people with no strings. Last I heard, Kelly does the hiring for Kodak. Electrical/computer knowledge could bring a good wage. As a temp, you can give 1 or 2 weeks notice as soon as you find a job you want.

Christmas through February is the worst time of the year to look for work around here. It's slow. Consider taking anything til spring.

Good luck. IM if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:14:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Man where did all the SO shooters come from, I thought it was just me and Fat around here! Where are you guys doing all your shooting at? Looking for an alternative to the Sports park.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:14:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm send you an email.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:50:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the help everyone...still no job, but something will turn up soon!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:34:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Can you draft with autocad?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top