Someone told me that mounting a foreward grip onto a pump-action shotgun will make it an assault weapon.
I skimmed through the AW laws and didn't see anything on pump-action shotguns. Am I missing something?
Onto a pump-action?
Not illegal, AFAIK...
A shotgun can be considered an AW if it is one of these: (c) All of the following specified shotguns:
(1) Franchi SPAS 12 and LAW 12.
(2) Striker 12.
(3) The Streetsweeper type S/S Inc. SS/12.
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action
of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
Unless your pump shotgun has a revolving cylinder, a pump shotgun is not a AW even with evil features. Also note that even a semiauto shotgun can have one of the features listed, either A or B, just not both.
So he really was full of it. Thanks.