Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 3:42:19 PM EDT
I finally am able to purchase an AK. Ruff's, in Flagstaff, is selling the last one there for $399. Anyone have some other shops in mind that will equal or beat that price for a quality AK.

I am willing to travel to other nearby towns.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
An easy Saturday run to Prescott could get you a Romanian from J&G--otherwise for variety go to Phx.--Pistol Parlour has a bunch of Vectors.
Didn't I just say something like this on the AK forum?

ETA: Quality AK means different things to different people---the cheapest, Romy's, run fine the majority of time, but can be a bit crude---how much money you got???
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#2]
what am I looking at for prices on other models?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
An easy Saturday run to Prescott could get you a Romanian from J&G--otherwise for variety go to Phx.--Pistol Parlour has a bunch of Vectors.
Didn't I just say something like this on the AK forum?

ETA: Quality AK means different things to different people---the cheapest, Romy's, run fine the majority of time, but can be a bit crude---how much money you got???

Who manufactures the Vector? I'd like to keep it in or below the 500 range!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#4]
A Romanian at J&G will run about $329 + tax
A Vector reg. stock about $499 + tax--an underfolder is about $579 + tax (Pistol Parlour)
Vector builds Vector's---they do a quality build on Polish & Hungarian kits--go look at their website and read about them  ALL in the AK forum---then BUY ONE
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Friends don't let friends shop at J&G
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You know anyone in Northern AZ that sells Vector?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:16:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You know anyone in Northern AZ that sells Vector?

What's your Vector, Victor?

(sorry!  I thought an AIRPLANE reference was in order here)
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:11:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No, friends don't let friends shop at Joeken--which would actually even be closer to him
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:48:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Whats the story here? Bad experience or ???

(0_o) Dan
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Seriously, Damn it, I want an AK ASAP!! Any Vector dealers in NAZ.

Or may be I'm nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:39:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Junk and Garbage can have some good deals on occasion.  if you want a romy rifle it might be your best bet.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:28:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I called a bunch of dealers and also went to Pistol Parlor and Ruff's. None of them are carrying Ak's with milled receivers. Is it better to order online through Vector or Ironwooddesigns.com?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Bear Arms in Scottsdale has Arsenal Milled or stamped receiver AK's for sale
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#14]
OK, now you're confusing me---Knowhere in your posts did you mention wanting milled only(unless I missed it).
Then you're asking about ordering from Vector direct---and unless i'm wrong, they don't make a milled AK---so if you went to Pistol Parlor, and they had Vectors, thats what you'd be ordering anyways.

CORRECTING myself--went to the website and first thing I saw was NEW! milled reciever AK's

BUT AT $850 msrp!!! So thats what you're going to order direct? I thought you had $500--a used Arsenal milled could be found for that.

ETA: ironwood designs just makes furniture(stocks, handguards, etc.)

May I suggest waiting for the next Crossroads show, then looking over and handling an assortment of different Ak's---then making a COMMON sense choice of what fits your budget and is quality enough----seems you're bouncing from post to post and forum to forum but still not having a clue what you want.  I saw you asked earlier today over in AKforum what a milled reciever was, so is that why you are now onto that?
Just a suggestion
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been trying to gather as much info as possible. I've been bouncing from forum to other websites speaking with quite a few people. I also called numerous shops and went to a few so I could handle different AK's.

Seems like Bear Arms in Scottsdale has a good supply of AK's for reasonable prices ($499) for a Stamped and ($729) for a Milled.

Sorry to confuse you on my different posts, I just wanted to get a lot hits so as to better narrow my options!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#16]
For good AK information and the difference in quality and price go to www.ak47world.com
They have many informed articles that can help you decide which one is best for you. Plus a good knoledge base is never a bad thing when operating a weapon. Good luck. If you need any help or have any questions just email me I am glad to help. I live in Tucson. So I don't know about stores but you can go to www.gunsamerica.com and get a good price comparison for what you want and deal from there.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:05:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whats the story here? Bad experience or ???

(0_o) Dan

Those assholes changed a price after I called and drove up there from PHX.  

I had their newest little ad and called them on a price for an AK a year or so ago.  I believe it was a Romanian SAR-1.  Anyhow, the price was reasonable, and I called to make sure I didn't drive up from PHX for nothing since I had a certain amount I could spend.  Yep, same price, no problem.  I get up there and ask to see the rifle.  Looked okay and I figured what the hell, I'll buy it.  I told the guy I had called and everything.  I had the ad with me and they had the newspaper the ad was part of sitting out on the counter in two places.  He said, nope, it's gone up 30 dollars.  I was pissed and even mentioned the fact the papers will still sitting out with the price I was quoted!  The response was "You gonna buy it or what?"  Meanwhile, the assholes who work there were trading places like musical chairs.  Very annoying.  Two guys even walked out during the paperwork on another purchase.  They were pissed about something.  The clowns went and took the J&G newspaper off the counters and basically gave me the "buy or not" routine.  After that, I never went back.  Fuck 'em.  They were rude and unprofessional as all hell.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:34:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Misery, that sounds like a pretty bad experience, I would boycott them to.
On the other hand i've hit there store on the way to somewhere else, coming  from Tucson at least once a year, sometimes twice for probably 10 years, and have never had a problem. If i made a special trip for them only and something went bad--i'd be talking to the highest up I could find there.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#19]
If it's your'e first AK I would definatly go with the romy wasr 10 that J&G has for $329 it's cheap and easy and they function fine they're just not pretty + you will always be able to get your money out of it (unless we never get more cheap 7.62X39 again)  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I've bought alot of guns from J&G and still buy from them when I am at Phoenix gunshows but they pulled the same shit on me twice and I drove 480 miles roundtrip.  Called before driving up one time and they said they had the milled AK's I wanted in stock.  They didn't. They had them consigned to some dealer. So I decided to purchase 2 SAR-1's that they had a deal if you bought two or more you got a special price. All the paperwork was filled out and then they tell me there is no discount.

Stood in line 1 hour last year at a Phoenix gunshow and they kept skipping over all of us that stood in line and took people that just walked up.  About 10 of us started yelling and pushing on their table when we had repeatedly brought it to their attention what the kid was doing.  Table loaded with a huge stack of SKS's started to move and then they decided to wait on us.  They had run out of the Star 9mm's some of the guys were trying to buy because the dumbf**k sold them to guys walking to the table and cutting in.  I got the last 2 of 3 makarov's.    
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Just curious, what do guys think of Armory 1.6mm stamped receivers? Thinking of getting that or a Vector. Arsenal Milled Receiver is a little much, but sure sounds good though.

Thoughts Please!!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I've bought alot of guns from J&G and still buy from them when I am at Phoenix gunshows but they pulled the same shit on me twice and I drove 480 miles roundtrip.  Called before driving up one time and they said they had the milled AK's I wanted in stock.  They didn't. They had them consigned to some dealer. So I decided to purchase 2 SAR-1's that they had a deal if you bought two or more you got a special price. All the paperwork was filled out and then they tell me there is no discount.

Stood in line 1 hour last year at a Phoenix gunshow and they kept skipping over all of us that stood in line and took people that just walked up.  About 10 of us started yelling and pushing on their table when we had repeatedly brought it to their attention what the kid was doing.  Table loaded with a huge stack of SKS's started to move and then they decided to wait on us.  They had run out of the Star 9mm's some of the guys were trying to buy because the dumbf**k sold them to guys walking to the table and cutting in.  I got the last 2 of 3 makarov's.    

Yeah, they're some real assholes.  They've always been rude to me and most of the people I talk to.  My friend had a problem with them a number of years back before we even met and he feels the same way, fuck 'em.  They don't care about their customers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top