Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2004 2:17:23 PM EDT
I took the boys out shooting this afternoon and the weather was great. I took the new Dragonuv, the new .22 Mini bolt (Henry Repeating Arms) and my AR-15. Everything fired like a champ except for the AR. I fired about 8 mags of Wolf without a problem then all of a sudden the cases were not extracting? The next round would be trying to cycle in the chamber while the old case was still in there. If I dropped the mag and pulled back the charging handle, the old case flew right now?

What do you guys think is causing the problem?

Thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Chamber might need a good scrubbing. That helped eliminate the problem on my Armalite upper.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Old wolf with the red sealant around the case neck?  If so all you need is to scrub the chamber, then buy some of the new polymer coated wolf without the sealant.

But usually when the sealant is the problem the cases are pretty well stuck in the chamber.  Is your extractor broken, possibly?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#4]

I took the boys out shooting this afternoon and the weather was great. I took the new Dragonuv, the new .22 Mini bolt (Henry Repeating Arms) and my AR-15. Everything fired like a champ except for the AR. I fired about 8 mags of Wolf without a problem then all of a sudden the cases were not extracting? The next round would be trying to cycle in the chamber while the old case was still in there. If I dropped the mag and pulled back the charging handle, the old case flew right now?

What do you guys think is causing the problem?

Thanks,

Ron

Ron, I would recommend against using foreign manufactured ammunition in my M16/AR15 unless it is Israeli Military Industries (IMI) or the Winchester Mil-Spec equivilent. The Wolf product works well in the Ak's and the SKS's, but it is not very reliable in the tighter tolerances of AR's and its variants.....

This has been my personal experience.

Be Safe.

Joe

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top