Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/18/2006 3:53:07 PM EST
Damn, this place was great!!!

We fished about a dozen places. Fresh trout for dinner. Wonderful!!

About 6 mi N or Beaver Res we found the greatest 4 billion acre meadow where we peeled off some of the greatest rounds and left no brass.

Day two was the first day of elk season, so we stayed away, not to piss anyone off or get shot.

Truly Gods country.

I'm ready to pack up, move out permanently and never look back.

Now all I need is a handfull of $100,000 bills.

So, it'll be awhile

Try it, you'll like it, even at a $150/night.

Link Posted: 10/18/2006 4:16:52 PM EST
quit telling lies! You know it all stinks around here!!
lol seriously, glad you had fun. Truly it is amazing land.
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 8:09:10 PM EST
I heard all the Texans bought up the 5 acres ranches for $500k a pop
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 5:59:12 AM EST
I know how awesome it is out there.
Years ago when I lived out there and ran heavy equipment, there was a great poster with a guy wearing a down vest and a cowboy hat out in a pasture on skis. The caption read:
"If God wanted Texans to ski, he would have made bullshit white"
That was 1970 it's even more appropriate now.
I'm moving back by the way...............
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 10:34:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2006 10:41:48 AM EST by bdgenz]
I have a buddy, while growing up he had a cabin in Crestline, CA. Living is So. Cal it was only an hr and a half away and 3/4th of that was going up the mountain.

A few years ago he sold it and went for something like $40k.

The same place in So Fork would have been 5x that I imagine.

I read the average income for So. Fork residents is $22k, the average home is $120K. That in itself makes no sense to me, not to mention I couldn't find a thing on an acre less than $300k.

I don't know how people do it.

I would love to have a summer/vacation home somewhere like this, just a walk away from the Natl Forest and fishing, but $300K or $400K. Thats one expensive set of vacations!

I'd move but, no work (high tech that is).

I'm guessing nobody is, nowadays, with the over-inflated prices of real estate. Perhaps in a few years, after the alligators have eaten folks out of their wanna-be houses there will be something reasonable around to afford.

Did I mention, I don't know how people do it.

Thanks CO!
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 10:41:10 AM EST
BTW,

I don't know any Texas resident with a five acre ranch or anything close, anywhere in CO, although my neighbor does have a motor home he hops in during the summer and parks in Co. Springs at his daughters place.

That buddy of mine (who now lives in Pueble West) says the same thing about the Texans habit of buying up property and running up prices.

Come to think of it, I can only count about 12 Texans I've run into in 25 years here. Everyone is from somewhere else!

Sounds like So. Fork!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:33:37 AM EST
Anyone here elk hunt in GMU 80 or 81 (just south of South Fork)? We head there this Friday for the 3rd season and any and all info would be appreciated. We'll be staying at the Grandview Cabins if you would like to pass on your info personally!

Also, what's diesel fuel going for down there? I filled up yesterday here in Colorado Springs for $2.45/gal.
Top Top