Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/21/2005 10:54:12 AM EDT
pressconnects.com/today/topstories/stories/to082105s185360.shtml

I still work in NY , just a couple short blocks from the crime scene.

Yeah I know , you're thinking , "nothing unusual" - but as recently as 15 yrs ago this CRAP
NEVER Happened
- now it's a couple times a year - plus stabbings and beatings

There are only about 50,000 people in the town , and only 200,000 in the whole county.
The local police try to keep a lid on it , but there are just too many scumbags moving in,
(or their offspring graduating to adult crimes).

I don't know whether these particular idiots are white ,black, or green -(and I don't care) but they
aren't your average quiet neighbor types.

Part of the problem is drugs - part the local economy - and part is community apathy.

The biggest "Industry" in town (counting both govt. and private agencies ) is
Social Services.

MANY of the smaller cities in NY are going this way , but what else can you expect when
your Govt. decides to become a Nanny State
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:30:02 PM EDT
The NYS prison system is famous for dumping its former prisoners in upstate NY's small cities regardless of where they were originally from before their incarceration.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:48:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Raptor22:
The NYS prison system is famous for dumping its former prisoners in upstate NY's small cities regardless of where they were originally from before their incarceration.

Yepper, you don't even know the half of it. I've gotten 6 or 7 notices from my son's grade school of so and so was just released and he was a level (1, 2, or 3) sex offender. The worst is the few that have been labeled as they can't come close to the school or children at all. WTF are they walking the streets.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:58:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sterling18:

Originally Posted By Raptor22:

Yepper, you don't even know the half of it. I've gotten 6 or 7 notices from my son's grade school of so and so was just released and he was a level (1, 2, or 3) sex offender. The worst is the few that have been labeled as they can't come close to the school or children at all. WTF are they walking the streets.

At least you get notices. I had one of these creeps living around the corner from me about 12 years ago. We did not find out until he had sold his house, moved out of NY and was arrested afterwards.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:57:07 AM EDT

The NYS prison system is famous for dumping its former prisoners in upstate NY's small cities regardless of where they were originally from before their incarceration

NYS Dept of Corrections has nothing to do with placement of its former inmates. The inmate must get his or her residence approved by the Division of Parole before being released.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:28:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By celticfozzie:

The NYS prison system is famous for dumping its former prisoners in upstate NY's small cities regardless of where they were originally from before their incarceration

NYS Dept of Corrections has nothing to do with placement of its former inmates. The inmate must get his or her residence approved by the Division of Parole before being released.

That leads to the question of Why The F**K would you let a convicted child molester move into a resident that is within walking distance of a Elem, JH, HS??? WTF. That's like letting Jerry live in a cheese shop and poor Tom can't do jack shit to stop him.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:57:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 5:58:23 AM EDT by uns69]
criminaljustice.state.ny.us/nsor/search_index.htm
Here is a link for NY "registered"level 3 sex offenders by county. (for those interested)
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:54:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 6:54:59 AM EDT by edpmedic]

Inquirer Information
You must acknowledge reading the disclaimer below and fill in your identifying information* before proceeding

Whay kind of Bull Shit is this. That YOU must give your info to find out about Perverts in your area.

What happens if I give thjs info and some A-Hole gets beat up couple hours later or a week from now. Then I have the Police looking at me has the suspect. That is PURE BULL SHIT
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:58:47 AM EDT

I don't think that's entirely correct. Doesn't the NYS DC contract for community based halfway houses that release inmates back into the local community?

Many counties are warehousing homeless people in residential communities as well. The vast majority of these adult homeless men have extensive criminal records.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:26:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 8:32:34 AM EDT by celticfozzie]

That leads to the question of Why The F**K would you let a convicted child molester move into a resident that is within walking distance of a Elem, JH, HS??? WTF. That's like letting Jerry live in a cheese shop and poor Tom can't do jack shit to stop him.

I agree with you, but if the released inmate gets the home approved by Parole by law you can not refuse the convict from going to that home.

Doesn't the NYS DC contract for community based halfway houses that release inmates back into the local community?

I think there are 2, maybe a 3rd, halfway houses in contract. Queens and Syracuse for sure. There are a several "Work Release Facilities", where the inmate will report to the facility at night and get released in the morning to go to work.

*ETA* These work release and halfway homes are reserved for low security level inmates. All inmates who have violent crimes, are a risk of flight, poor institutional records can not use those programs.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:17:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By edpmedic:

Inquirer Information
You must acknowledge reading the disclaimer below and fill in your identifying information* before proceeding

Whay kind of Bull Shit is this. That YOU must give your info to find out about Perverts in your area.

What happens if I give thjs info and some A-Hole gets beat up couple hours later or a week from now. Then I have the Police looking at me has the suspect. That is PURE BULL SHIT

+1 pure liberal bullshit. But then again, those same folks feel this info needs to get out, so my son gets to bring a letter home from school with mug shots and address of who these low lives are. That's brilliant.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:20:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 9:21:39 AM EDT by sterling18]

I agree with you, but if the released inmate gets the home approved by Parole by law you can not refuse the convict from going to that home.

Doesn't the NYS DC contract for community based halfway houses that release inmates back into the local community?

I think there are 2, maybe a 3rd, halfway houses in contract. Queens and Syracuse for sure. There are a several "Work Release Facilities", where the inmate will report to the facility at night and get released in the morning to go to work.

*ETA* These work release and halfway homes are reserved for low security level inmates. All inmates who have violent crimes, are a risk of flight, poor institutional records can not use those programs.

You know what, that's fine. So when the lynch mob forms, we also know where to send them to besides the sex offender too. Don't be surprised to find 50BMG being tossed in that direction also.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:03:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 11:03:59 AM EDT by rkbar15]

What happens to the vast majority of violent offenders who have served their time and are released into the community? Many of these people have no skills, no family and are unemployable. Only a tiny percentage of inmates doing "life sentences" in NY actually die in prison.

It never ceases to amaze me that we know what Martha Stuart is doing every second of the day but .gov has lost over 100,000 "registered" sex offenders in the U.S becuase they moved and failed to register. Anyone see the parallels between gun registration and sex offender registration? Criminals don't bother with either of these pesky registration laws. How can so many people who support these useless feel good laws be this stupid?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:56:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rkbar15:

I don't think that's entirely correct. Doesn't the NYS DC contract for community based halfway houses that release inmates back into the local community?

Many counties are warehousing homeless people in residential communities as well. The vast majority of these adult homeless men have extensive criminal records.

Thank you! That is precisely the problem we had until our mayor put a stop to it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:18:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 3:24:02 PM EDT by celticfozzie]

What happens to the vast majority of violent offenders who have served their time and are released into the community?

"A recent study by the Department of Correctional Services found that of 23,994 New York State inmates released from prison in 1992, 42% returned for committing a new crime or violating parole. More of these offenders returned to prison on drug charges (49%) than for any other reason."

This is from the , The Assembly's Crime Fighting Plan, Public Safety 2000. It is from 1997, but it is the latest figure I could find

You know what, that's fine. So when the lynch mob forms, we also know where to send them to besides the sex offender too. Don't be surprised to find 50BMG being tossed in that direction also.

Dude, that is fine. I was just trying to get the facts straight.
Top Top