Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 2:27:46 AM EDT
Ok ive been pondering this for a while,

whe're allowed .22 semi auto Long barrel pistols right??

why is no one importing the ceiner units with long barrles and building them up into pistols??

we could have all the old favorites except Sig :(  just with a long barrel and a brace on the back,

or is this just a silly idea??

James
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:34:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:or is this just a silly idea??

Yes
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:57:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ok ive been pondering this for a while,

whe're allowed .22 semi auto Long barrel pistols right??

why is no one importing the ceiner units with long barrles and building them up into pistols??

we could have all the old favorites except Sig :(  just with a long barrel and a brace on the back,

or is this just a silly idea??

James

Are you sure we're alllowed semi-auro LBP's? I didn't know that.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:13:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Britarms
Link

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:55:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Taffy..So, is Britarms the only UK manufacturer that makes SA-LBP's?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:09:18 AM EDT
[#5]
unfortunatley during the ban it seems they had someone with half a brain cell that decied to change the wording from rifle to rifled gun, but any .22 semi is still cool,

i just thought maybe it was a good idea, i wouldnt say no to a .22 1911 or Hi power, i mean 12" in front 6 of that could be the internal suppressor ;)

then just a rod out of the back for the oal,

james,
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks Taffy..So, is Britarms the only UK manufacturer that makes SA-LBP's?

I know a couple of guys who use the browning buckmark as a semi auto pistol ( 12" barrel and a bar at the back ) Good fun !

Steve
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Try here

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats the fella !

Makes a change from the rifles.

Steve
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:36:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:07:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Just spoke to my Firearms Licensing office, they have received NO guidance on the pistol and so were unsure as to how to proceed.  I like the look of the pistol and Alan Westlake has said that he will "supply a Buckmark Long Pistol to you if you want to come to my workshop near Salisbury to collect it. Or I will ship it to a Dealer in your area if you prefer"............ I think I will try and add the variation, but suspect it will be for range use only.......
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:10:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:29:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Same thing happened with my .22 KORA BRNO revolver, because of the buttstock it wasn't a pistol....... take the stock off and voila it's a long barreled pistol..........

Originally they wanted it classed as a carbine?, but changed their minds after "guidance" and a prod from the dealer I was buying it from....
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#14]
As far as Section 1 of the Firearms Act goes - There is no such thing as a 'long barrelled pistol/revolver' - it is either a rifle  or banned (or a muzzle loading thing).

Do not ask for LBRs, just the calibre of rifle you want. Asking for LBRs will only make plod think such a thing exists - it doesn't. Eventually you'll be sorry as it'll be another thing to aim the ban-wagon at.

Matt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top