Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2003 8:18:14 AM EDT
Goddamit, Crystal and I were cleaning out the garage by moving stuff to the basement, and we noticed a window was slightly ajar.  Well upon further inspection, a window lock was broken and the screen was pulled out.  Called Hall county Sherrifs Dept, and filed a report.  After the Deputy leaves Crystal finds a 1 quart bucket about 3/4 full of light blue liquid (looks like 100LL avgas, but has no gas smell), that looked like it was new (no dust on it), and she's paranoid that her ex may have put it down there, and she's been misteriously sick ever since the final hearing.  Well we got rid of the liquid, and debating on wheather or not to add this to the report.  All in all there seems to be plenty of circumstantial evidence that the ex is coming around still, this would be the third break-in in a year and a half that we know about, and Crystal is scared.

I just needed to rant.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 8:22:05 AM EDT
[#1]
you should have had the bucket of liquid brushed for finger prints and analyzed.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Some friendly LEO advise:  

Document everything.
Have the new "item" added to the report.  This may be done over the phone.
Alarm system.  Doesn't need to be monitered, loud audible interior immediate alarm, did I say loud. Plenty of "security" signs in yard and driveway entrance.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#3]
10x camera's aimed at the yard.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:16:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
10x scopes aimed at the head.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
you should have had the bucket of liquid brushed for finger prints and analyzed.

Ditto that, and have the window, lock, and surounding area dusted as well.
Document everything.
I am sure you have a few loaded mags for the AK handy.
Does Crystal have a carry permit yet?
Y'all hang in there.

ARH
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#6]
We can make her Ex's house the next group gathering. I'm not condoning killin anybody but we could sure make sure he didn't forget we were there... after that we could all head over to my old contractors house that stole $10,000 from me.

It may sound drastic but move to another area. Look at a map and find the farthest place you'd like to live from him and still be able to keep your jobs.

That really sucks but he can be taught with one visit and I guarantee you it wont happen again.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:56:12 AM EDT
[#7]
i live in a small town and most of the time people leave their cars running if they go in a store or such.    about 2 years ago a friend of mine had his truck broken into, called local leo and they did what they could.    he bought several of these $89 cameras you see on the net, hooked them up to an old tv and vcr and motion sensors and put in one of these endless tapes, he already had motion sensor lights.    about 2 weeks later his wife woke him up at 2 am to tell him to look at the monitor (in their bedroom).   he  had motion sensor lights and the SAME thief had come back for more, on the tape it shows the thief doesn't pay the motion sensor lights a bit of attention, kinda like when someones car alarm goes off in wal mart parking lot and no one looks.   homeowner jumped out of bed ran around to the front door, got the drop on the thief with a shotgun, yelled freeze 3 times while the badguy was running then fired 3 times.   later police found bloodtrail and several days later got the badguy that was on drugs with shot embedded under his skin.   hasn't gone to trial yet, police told him even though the thief was caught in the act the homeowner could still be sued in civil court so now he is sweating that out.
 thief was a local low life with no job about 40 yoa.   local petty thief that couldn't hold a job.

my car got broken into in college and i felt violated that someone felt they had the right to go into MY personal property.   would have given them the stereo

Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#8]
OK Hall County Sheriff called for update: check
AK by my side of bed mag in: check
AR by Crystal's side of bed mag in: check
Mossberg 500 in closet mag loaded: check
Cetme in closet mag in: check
2 spare AK 10 spare AR and 1 spare CETME mag loaded on bookshelf in closet: check
Also we're in the process of putting new floors in the house, as we were and are originally planning on selling.  We're looking to moving to Southeast, South, Southwest, or West Atlanta Suburbs.  That was orignally planned so we could cut my drive to work down at least in half,  Who knows if I apply for this job at Glynco and get it, I'll leave Delta and we'll move to Macon.
1 Romanian AK, spare mags, and ammo:   $450.00
1 Olympic AR-15, spare mags, and ammo:    $900.00
The whole morning preparing for war and getting no sleep:      priceless
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Delta, please let us know what we can do for ya.  If I could "borrow" someone's police uniform (hint, hint ) I'd be willing to go play bad-cop with the ex.    We could get Byte to videotape it.  Maybe we could win some money on America's Funiest Videos.  AKs FOR EVERYONE!

Take care.  Seriously, let us know if we can do anything.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#10]
All I can say is thanks guys for the support and advice given today.  It's been a long and stressful morning, and frankly I'm wore out and beat.  Hopefully these few days off spent up in Ohio will be a great stress reliever.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#11]
dude that realllly pisses me off,
 I hate losers like that, they seem to have nothing to lose and do whatever they want. Its hard to win against that but stay strong and keep your wits and AKs about you
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Delta, please let us know what we can do for ya.  If I could "borrow" someone's police uniform (hint, hint ) I'd be willing to go play bad-cop with the ex.    We could get Byte to videotape it.  Maybe we could win some money on America's Funiest Videos.  AKs FOR EVERYONE!

Take care.  Seriously, let us know if we can do anything.

Heheheheh, just let me know when you need one.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
10x scopes aimed at the head.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Fixed it for you.

Yup, I was a little groggy this morning. Thanks!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Edited: dang the quote button...
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#14]
well after getting 2 hours sleep I'm feeling a little better, and I'm just looking to be cut out early from work so I can get some sleep before the flight tomrrow.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#15]
If there is anything I can do just let me know.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Be careful .... not to upset you but he may be trying to burn your house down, with you in it or not.   Its an old arson trick to put a flamable liquid, preferably one whose fumes sinks, near an open flame such as a water heater.  It gives them time to get away and claim an aliabi.  You may want to practice your evacuation plan in case of fire and make sure you have smoke detectors everywhere to buy you time.

Good luck, I hope this POS moves on.

Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:44:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Man that sounds like a scary situation. Watch your 6 and be alert. This guy sounds like a creep, so keep a look out. I hate these stalker weirdo types. My fiance and I split up at the first of this year. I found out she was reading my emails and looking through my email account. It feels weird to have someone do that to you. Good luck to you on this situation.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Another suggestion for ya...

Get in good with your neighbors.  Make sure to tell them (especially any stay around during the day types) to watch out for this guy.  Make sure they know that he's NOT welcome.  No need to tell the whole story (unless you need to rant some more... and everybody does from time to time), but make sure they know.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top