Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2010 6:12:01 PM EDT
and hope this isn't a CoC violation. Given some of the profanity I see on this site, think it to be safe. Junior imported his own home built Noveske upper with various LaRue components to the sand box. He'd been wanting my old Mark IV Series 80 Combat Elite forever and I'd kind of wanted some of his Iraq war memorabilia so we did some swapping. That's my Colt AR with Daniel Defense 2 piece hand guards and I replaced the stock with a MagPul ACS stock and attached a Viking sling mounted to side swivels so the rifle can't flip when you reach for something. The down grip, hand grip, Sure Fire lighting system, LaRue Eotech mount with Eotech and attached rear sight were all his in Iraq. The uuhh, bolt guard doohicky. Yea, that was his too. He received one of those " weapon inspections " somewhere over in Iraq in his 2nd tour by a young Lieutenant who was say. Well, less than impressed with juniors unauthorized modifications to " government property ". He didn't make any modifications. He simply unpinned the government issue upper and pinned his own on. Anyway, he's something else. Haven't heard from him since the first of the month. At Benning doing Sniper school and if that goes well, Airborne as a walk on. Thought you guys might get a kick out of the dust shield and the story behind it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#1]
LOVE IT !!!!

How did he like that down grip (assuming you're talking about the one one the arm guard.)?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#2]
By far the best dust cover engraving.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually like "AMERICA!  FUCK YEA! a little better, but those dudes putting it on the line for the rest of us can put up whatever they want IMO.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:01:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I want one that says "close me" like it should.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
LOVE IT !!!!

How did he like that down grip (assuming you're talking about the one one the arm guard.)?

He's asked if I'm still using it twice.. He just bought a reeeally expensive AR before he left and was thinking he needed it back. For the way I use an AR it's perfect. You press the button and out jump the legs. Then slide back in until they lock into place. He's got a down grip fettish. Bet he's owned or tried just about every one made to date.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice to know I made a good choice.  I have the same one.

Let him know there's another citizen here wishing him all the best.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I actually like "AMERICA!  FUCK YEA! a little better, but Those dudes putting it on the line for the rest of us can put up whatever they want IMO.
What he said!  

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I actually like "AMERICA!  FUCK YEA! a little better, but those dudes putting it on the line for the rest of us can put up whatever they want IMO.

+1.

Also I agree on letting them say whatever they want.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top