Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2008 10:01:36 AM EDT
One week away from the monthly fun folks... How many folks can we expect?

Plus I'm going up to Poplarville to shoot the night match if anyone wants carpool.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
i'll be there and as always trying to get people to come out.  I wont be able to go to the night match.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I plan to be there. Heavy Metal, anyone else?

I see Cleatus wimped out AGAIN
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Im going to try to make the 3 gun , havent seen the pistol scores yet But i think i gave them a shooting lesson.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I plan to be there. Heavy Metal, anyone else?

I see Cleatus wimped out AGAIN

Thought I'd give you a break...
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 4:38:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't make it this month, but I think at least a few of the crew that came with me last time are planning on heading that way.  If I get any info on how many, I'll post it here, or maybe one of them will.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:18:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I can't make it this month, but I think at least a few of the crew that came with me last time are planning on heading that way.  If I get any info on how many, I'll post it here, or maybe one of them will.  

Thanks, please keep us as informed as you can.  It makes things run more efficiently.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be there with two other of the coonasses that made it over last month. This will be my first time with you folks, but have shot plenty of three gun before.

Looking forward to it!

Any idea on a round count yet, or is there a standard load out I should bring?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry guys, Just found out not going to make it.  i could but woundn't be worth it in the long run , grand kids are coming this week and we are going to Destin sat.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I am coming and bringing a buddy from slidell.  See yall saturday
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:59:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Is the match still on?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Always

Any idea on a round count yet, or is there a standard load out I should bring?

I would have 100 rounds of rifle on hand, about 50 pistol rounds, a box (25 rounds) of 7.5 shot or smaller a box (5 rounds) of slugs.  That way you are covered no matter what.  You also need "the standard stuff," Holster that doesn't break the 180 rule, the ability to carry reloads (for all guns.)  Of course eye and ear protection and I would suggest a fair amount of water and maybe some snacks.

Any of the regulars gonna be there to help by 8:00?

I spent some time repairing the house today, and got the dummy fixed up and in some new fatigues.  He will be carrying a weapon on Saturday, so be prepared to shoot something you didn't bring.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the info!

See yall Sat.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm not 100% sure if I'll be there, but if I am, I'll be there by 8 to help.  I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:11:30 AM EDT
[#15]
I am fairly new here, what is the specifics of this match? Is there a website with some more info on this match and/or others they hold at this location. Any further info would be helpful.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I am fairly new here, what is the specifics of this match? Is there a website with some more info on this match and/or others they hold at this location. Any further info would be helpful.

What do you want to know?

We have an action pistol match the 2nd Sat of each month and a three gun on the 3rd.  Sign up for each starts at about 8:30, and the objective is to start shooting at 9.  I posted the round count for the three gun above.  The pistol match is usually under 150 rounds.

This is the website to the club
www.gcrpc.com/
not much about the matches except for time, but there is a map and some pictures.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:56:06 AM EDT
[#17]
I hope everyone had a good time.  I'll tell you I'm sore and tired as hell, after the match I went and helped a friend dig a well, then went to Poplarville to do the night shoot with Buzzworm.  I'll get some pics up tonight and send the scores in for the website.  (Got to go to work today.)
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Here are some pics,

Stage 1

Thanks to the coon ass squad for the shade!  Us Mississippi boys would just stay out in the sun being stupid!

Stage 2

Stage 3

Damn this is a well fed bad guy!

Stage 4

Who the hell though of a 100 yard dash?

Who designed this stage?

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#19]
We had fun!  Thanks for the hard work getting this set up.

A few videos on YouTube -- if you don't want to be "youtube famous", IM me and I'll take out your video:

Stage One

Stage Two

Stage Two - Boarder Patrol Style

Stage Three -- FBI Style

Stage 4 was too damn long to post the video LOL.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Here are some pics,

img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/currahee/recent%20range%20pics/080719-3-WA2.jpg

"honey,  do these shorts make my ass look fat?"  "no dear, your fat ass makes your ass look fat"

I had a good time. Good to see and shoot with everyone. Curahee did another good job. We had the "coonass squad" the "Ms. squad" and the "I can't make it out to play cause it's too hot squad."
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:27:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here are some pics,

img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/currahee/recent%20range%20pics/080719-3-WA2.jpg

"honey,  do these shorts make my ass look fat?"  "no dear, your fat ass makes your ass look fat"

I had a good time. Good to see and shoot with everyone. Curahee did another good job. We had the "coonass squad" the "Ms. squad" and the "I can't make it out to play cause it's too hot squad."

I like the way the pasties look like a tail... certainly a classic of action photography.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#22]
I thought his big ass ripped his shorts and he was trying to paste it back
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I thought his big ass ripped his shorts and he was trying to paste it back

I'm sorry, who are you? I think I remember, but it's been sooooooo loooooong since I've seen ya, just not sure. Oh yea, you're the REALLY OLD GUY that shot 3gun with Moses, right? I think you and some other guy named Kleetis something used to shoot with us, but stopped when it got HOT! Right?

Ya'll missed a good one. You gonna make it next month?

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Im going to try like hell, I like the 3 gun better than combat pistol, but the pistol match was all i could make this time. Also haveing a health issue right now thats makeing the 3 gun a little tough. Nothing that surgery cant fix but just cant take the recovery time from work right now.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Im going to try like hell, I like the 3 gun better than combat pistol, but the pistol match was all i could make this time. Also haveing a health issue right now thats makeing the 3 gun a little tough. Nothing that surgery cant fix but just cant take the recovery time from work right now.

Well, you know what they say, "no pain, no gain".....of course as we get older it seems to be "all pain and no gain" (as demonstrated by Mr. Hamstring...yes, I saw the video ). Hmmm......

Sorry I couldn't make it.  It looks like it was a fun match.  Dunno about next month, but I tentatively would like to be there for the Sept. match.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top