Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/8/2003 12:23:21 PM EDT
www.dcwc.net/

Four hour saftey class, plus an hour on the pistol range. Had to take a written test, plus demonstrate everything to the RO. Calling the lane commands etc.

They have a really nice archery range plus trap/skeet and sporting clays.
The handgun range is out to 100yds, and they have IDPA/PPC/bowling pin matches on Tues nights. I'll be attending the match after work tommorow. Hoping to smoke thru the course like a raped ape.

The down side is that they don't allow rifles (except .22 WMR and below) they also don't allow pistol caliber carbines.

I'll be looking into Sir Walter gun club soon.
I may need a sponsor, anyone a member?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:29:34 PM EDT
Sir Walter also operates the Wake County range. Go to www.wake.gov and click on the parks and rec. button. I think that it is open to the public Tuesday, Thursday nights, and for a limited time on Saturday. The rest of the time it is for LEOs only. I had read the Durham County Wildlife Club's site and the "no rifles" deal really turned me off. Let me know how the pin match goes.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 2:24:52 AM EDT
Reaper,
Your right about the no rifles really sucking but they have a nice 12 acre lake (stocked with largemouth) and they have 97 acres total, all open to hiking and such.

I wanted use of the lake to fish and train my retriever so its worth it.

As for rifles, I'll just join Sir Walter. From what I hear, they have the facilities for rifles. Thanks for the heads up on the LEO range.
Top Top