Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2013 3:32:05 AM EDT
He had been trying to sell the shop & totally retire; don't know if it has anything
to do with his lease since the stop & rob store next to him closed also.
Last time I was in there he had TONS of stock; wonder where that went.

John was a good guy, had a great selection of used stuff.
Hope he has a great rest of his life in retirement.
Thanks for being there.

Yes, there are several other smaller stores locally, but nowhere near the
stock he had, espically the great selection of  used stuff like parts, mags & other stuff it takes
time & relations to collect.

UPDATE-found out tonight John's just gonna do gun shows, so you may see him there; I know he's got a ton of
stuff left to sell, so once or twice a month he's back,,,,,,
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I always hate to see a good gun shop close...  Too bad someone wasn't able to take it over.  I hope his retirement goes well.  Hopefully one of the other local stores will step up to fill the void for y'all over there in Bastrop.

Link Posted: 10/18/2013 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Bastrop has been headed backwards ever since the fire, no one has any money it seems like. I graduated high school from there, and my parents house went up in the fire. They're now living in the G-town area to be closer to the kids.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn. Always meant to stop in there.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn. Always meant to stop in there.
View Quote

Same here.  Drove past it for many many years and always thought about stopping but never did....
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#5]
bump for the update
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top