Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2013 7:01:47 AM EDT
Gentlemen,

Im seeking any type of employment.  I was laid off form Yale today.  I was a Desktop support technician there.  My background is in Macintosh computers, and PC tech support, networking, security, ect.

I am not above doing any general/manual labor, I need to keep income coming in to keep my house.

PM me for my resume, and thanks!
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#1]
What's your AO?

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 9:41:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's your AO?

View Quote

new haven, but anywhere in CT isnt that far I reckon
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have anything for you, but good luck.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Laid off with no return date? Did you try St. Raphael?
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't have anything at the moment, but I may have some low level ($15/hr)  full time work in the spring time ( March-ish) through Sept.  It is literally hiking in the woods with a GPS unit, taking pictures and notes, pretty fun stuff, some travel required (mass-VT-NH along the CT river corridor) , but otherwise Good Luck man something will come along fast, you are in the right mind set
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#6]
How about working at coal fired steam
plants? Know anything about pumps and PLC controls?
Newtown too fat? Up rt 34 to I- 84.

30% travel most down south. Could be more tho.

Get out of New Haven ASAP.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's your AO?

Everything I have to offer is from Granby north.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Did you try St. Raphael?
View Quote

St. Ray's is now owned by Yale.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 4:39:31 AM EDT
[#9]
PM sent w/lead in Shelton area
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Guys seriously thanks for the messages of support. I truly appreciate it. You're all good dudes.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:12:38 AM EDT
[#11]
If you try CCSU, I know a guy who does computer repair there and can probably put up a good word for you. If nothing else at least a reference.

Right up your alley, sounds like what you were doing before.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 4:56:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been in IT for more than 25 years.  I worked for all kinds of companies including IBM.  I can tell you that in the 25 plus years, 4 out of 5 companies outsourced my job.  The 5th company I left for a small company, less than 100 employees and for the past 6 years I thought I would never have to worry about being outsourced.  Guess what?  When  new CFO comes in, takes over and fires my boss the CIO, now they are bringing in manged services to do all my work, all the while telling me, oh they are just here to "help" you.  That's what all the other companies told me.  I'm working on something right now to get out before they walk me to the door.  If you are young, get out of IT and do something else.  That's the best advice I can give you.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have been in IT for more than 25 years.  I worked for all kinds of companies including IBM.  I can tell you that in the 25 plus years, 4 out of 5 companies outsourced my job.  The 5th company I left for a small company, less than 100 employees and for the past 6 years I thought I would never have to worry about being outsourced.  Guess what?  When  new CFO comes in, takes over and fires my boss the CIO, now they are bringing in manged services to do all my work, all the while telling me, oh they are just here to "help" you.  That's what all the other companies told me.  I'm working on something right now to get out before they walk me to the door.  If you are young, get out of IT and do something else.  That's the best advice I can give you.

View Quote

Or climb the ladder and make sure you are the person who can decide not to outsource. Be the change you wish to see..
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Or climb the ladder and make sure you are the person who can decide not to outsource. Be the change you wish to see..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've tried to climb the ladder for years but it's not what you know it's who you blow.  I've gone the extra mile and all that.  Doesn't make a difference.  IT is a tough field to be in these days with all the outsourcing, period.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#15]
cant help ya, but good luck man. hope you find something soon
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:09:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you try CCSU, I know a guy who does computer repair there and can probably put up a good word for you. If nothing else at least a reference.

View Quote

REALLY???  So do I.  What a small world this is.

Are his initials R.J.?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Are his initials R.J.?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are his initials R.J.?

J.A.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#18]
PM sent.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 1:38:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Best of luck to ya. My company just announced they will closing my site by december 2014. Gives me a little more than a year to find a new job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top