Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 6:07:43 AM EDT
We need one of these pretty bad. Get a hold of me and I'll hook you up.
This is a large company and no, we don't build airplanes.

We are looking for a talented CAD engineer who is well versed in the Mechanical CAD tool set in order to administer and support the software for Mechanical Engineering design.  

This position will interact with various engineers and Support OS/Web/Network environments used by hardware, software and mechanical engineers.
Provide on-going training and support end-users by maintaining information websites/FAQS about the upgrades to the tools.

Example tasks:
Provide user support for Mechanical CAD tools
Maintain Pro/E CAD data management
Develop installation procedures for Mechanical CAD tools
Coordinate Mechanical CAD tool training for engineers

Our ideal candidate will have:
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience understanding and implementing Mechanical CAD tools and models
Considerable experience with Pro-E Wildfire
Significant operating system, network, and programming skills in Windows and UNIX environments
Strong interpersonal communication skills, including verbal and written skills.
A knowledge of other CAD tools such as CF Design, CETol, Ansys, Mentor Graphics and Cadence would be considered a plus.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I have none of the above, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night!  

I'm a quick learner!!!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience understanding and implementing Mechanical CAD tools and models
Significant operating system, network, and programming skills in Windows and UNIX environments
A knowledge of other CAD tools such as CF Design, CETol, Ansys, Mentor Graphics and Cadence would be considered a plus.  

YA LEFT OUT:  own at least one firearm,preferably more, none on paper is also considered a plus.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YA LEFT OUT:  own at least one firearm,preferably more, none on paper is also considered a plus.

I gots me me some guns!  At least two have no paper!  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually, (and you may already know this) I've got all of the requirements including having worked for the competition.  The only problem is I'm currently on contract at Boeing's Mechanical Systems lab using CATIA V5 .  Wildfire is sooooo much better.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Actually, (and you may already know this) I've got all of the requirements including having worked for the competition.  The only problem is I'm currently on contract at Boeing's Mechanical Systems lab using CATIA V5 .  Wildfire is sooooo much better.

I figured you were happily engaged. If the situation changes in the next couple of weeks let me know.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sadly, this is not a gun friendly company, though we're not as bad as the public education system.

I'd prefer to get a lot of arfcom friends on board and change that policy.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#7]
tumbleweed

If the no good dirty rotten cock sucker I work for screws me over just one more time ...... I'll look you up.
Oh by the way I am self employed

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sadly, this is not a gun friendly company, though we're not as bad as the public education system.

I'd prefer to get a lot of arfcom friends on board and change that policy.

Like I said.  I'm a quick learner.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#9]
If your company is ever looking for somebody with strictly SolidWorks or AutoCAD
mech design/drafting expierience let me know tumbleweed.

-z
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If your company is ever looking for somebody with strictly SolidWorks or AutoCAD
-z

You do know I'm one of the old guys who looks after Marge, right?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
-z

You do know I'm one of the old guys who looks after Marge, right? hr

It seems I have ran into that brick wall already, wow that was fast, you guys are good protectors! -z
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
-z

It seems I have ran into that brick wall already, wow that was fast, you guys are good protectors!

-z

Who are you calling brick wall?

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
-z

You do know I'm one of the old guys who looks after Marge, right? hr

It seems I have ran into that brick wall already, wow that was fast, you guys are good protectors! hr

hr

Metaphorically speaking of course, but are you trying to say
that a  person could bear a striking resemblance to a
brick wall?

-z
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
-z

It seems I have ran into that brick wall already, wow that was fast, you guys are good protectors!

-z

Wait till he gets a load of me!

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
-z

Do yourself a favor and learn Pro/E Wildfire....it blows those two hobbyshop CAD systems away. Both in performance and earnings potential.  SolidWorks is a distant 2nd best but is similar enough that you wouldn't have any problems learning Wildfire.   IM me if you're interested in learning it and have a computer with enough hp.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:15:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I think he was talking to you.......

Tiny.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top