Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2015 6:01:01 PM EDT
I have an interview for fed corrections in Berlin nh and want to escape communism to a state that knows freedom, tell me what's it like in the Berlin area?  I am from upstate ny so we have mountains lakes and such...how's it compare my Freedom loving neighbors
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:27:12 AM EDT
Berlin is a mill town without any mills.  The economy up there is tough.  It is a beautiful area, though.  Property is cheap because the mills are closed.  You'll be right over the border from ME.  Hunting, fishing, backpacking, snowmobiling, galore, an outdoorsman' dream come true.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:43:37 AM EDT
Tourism and the prison are the only employers. Outdoor activities are unlimited. If you ever lose that prison job you would have to immediately move to find work.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:27:45 AM EDT
Cold & snow.

Lots of cold. Lots of snow.

Really cold and way too much snow.

Like the rest of New Hampshire, but colder, with more snow.

Oh yeah, and houses are dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:34:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/3/2015 2:34:48 PM EDT by DieselEngineer]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wagonwheel1:
Tourism and the prison are the only employers. Outdoor activities are unlimited. If you ever lose that prison job you would have to immediately move to find work.
View Quote

This is very true.  Make sure you get the job before moving.  Once your job is assured, however, jump right in.  Berlin, pronounced BER-lin, really is a nice town.  Gorham is a very short distance away and is a very nice small town.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:09:24 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DieselEngineer:

pronounced BER-lin
View Quote

Beat me to it
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:28:50 AM EDT
I know a guy that works there, his weekends off are spent in civilization.
Its not bad, not sure how full it is now but when I was looking at transfering it was dead.

Houses and Land are cheap though, and with fed pay you can get a really nice place with a ton of land cheap.

Gorham and North Conway are the closest towns with stuff to do.
Top Top