Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2011 5:55:31 PM EDT
Hi, guys. My friend's husband is fresh out of Army looking for job. He was on AD for 3 years as FA officer.

0-2.

They are living in the Euless area. Don't think he has any specific background other than his army time. His degree is interdisciplinary studies, IIRC.

Any leads appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Whats an AD?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Whats an AD?

Active Duty

It's a tough job market right now....he may want to try Raytheon.....They like artillery guys there!
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whats an AD?

Active Duty

It's a tough job market right now....he may want to try Raytheon.....They like artillery guys there!

I'll let him know. She told me they have a head hunter working but I said I would roll the ARFCOM dice. You never know!!

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hi, guys. My friend's husband is fresh out of Army looking for job. He was on AD for 3 years as FA officer.
0-2.

They are living in the Euless area. Don't think he has any specific background other than his army time. His degree is interdisciplinary studies, IIRC.

Any leads appreciated.

Thanks

No leads here unfortunately, but with the current job market he probably should have stayed in the Army.  There's always the possibility of re-joining the Army if he acts quickly.  I had a Captain who worked for me several years ago who punched out and was a civilian for 2 months - long enough to see the grass wasn't greener on the outside.  We were able to get him back on Active Duty and he's doing well and recently made Major.

Bad time to be looking for a job; one of the reasons I've decided to continue on past 20.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#5]
The oilfield market is booming and there are plenty of general entry level jobs paying over 100k a year if he doesn't mind being gone alot and can't find anything else he's interested in.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The oilfield market is booming and there are plenty of general entry level jobs paying over 100k a year if he doesn't mind being gone alot and can't find anything else he's interested in.

I'll let him know. Thanks.

BTW, I think he wanted to stay in the Army but holds reserve commission so got 3 on AD then out.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top