Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2010 2:06:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2010 2:07:51 AM EDT by sjuhockey10]
The jeweler my family had been using for quite some time decided to close up and retire a couple years ago, and we've never gotten around to finding a new one.  My girlfriend has some things that she needs resized/repaired, and I'm looking to have something made as a gift.  Any quality jewelers that you guys know of?  St. Paul side of the Cities preferable, but I'm not picky if it's worth the drive.

ETA:  The highlighted comment above would have nothing to with changing the relationship status with my girlfriend (at least for the forseeable future), so eject pics/comments are unneccesary
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:38:55 AM EDT
Check these guys out.

http://www.rfjeweler.com/

Family ran.  Great people to do business with.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:43:04 AM EDT
If you don't find one in the cities you like, I'd recomend Chappuis Jewelry in Faribault. link (Their website is just a page with their address and phone number.)

Family owned/operated for a couple generations, iirc. Nathan (the son) custom made my wive's wedding and engagement rings off of a design she gave him. He did a great job with that, and she gets compliments on it every where she foes.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:50:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2010 6:51:42 AM EDT by rgrprib]
In Bloomington on Lyndale Ave is Wixson's. They have always treated us very well. They have on-site jewelers and designers that do some pretty impressive work.

Wixson's

Prib
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:32:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NBot:
Check these guys out.

http://www.rfjeweler.com/

Family ran.  Great people to do business with.

+1 on RF Moellers. I know the family and they're good folks with a solid family business and high quality products with well trained and helpful jewelers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:52:32 PM EDT
I may have some bias; but my father is a goldsmith at Look Jewelers in Riverdale(Coon Rapids).
They do their all their own work, on-site.  As well as contract work for other retailers.
My dad's been in the field for over 30 years.
Top Top