Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2006 2:31:12 PM EDT
Well the wife and I have decided to look at getting a boat.  She won't let me get a bass boat so we have come to a compromise and are looking at the little jet boats like Yamaha and Sea Doo speedsters.  This will be my first boat to own so I'm a newb.  Anyone in central OK have one of the above I could come check out?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Well the wife and I have decided to look at getting a boat.  She won't let me get a bass boat so we have come to a compromise and are looking at the little jet boats like Yamaha and Sea Doo speedsters.  This will be my first boat to own so I'm a newb.  Anyone in central OK have one of the above I could come check out?

I'm sure whatever you pick will be the best and the coolest and you will be the most badest ass jet boat driver their is..............    

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure whatever you pick will be the best and the coolest and you will be the most badest ass jet boat driver their is..............    

Ackman, please remove your lips from Josh's ass. I'm sure he'll take you for a boat ride if you just ask nicely.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Josh, if you want to ski, they ain't worth having! All they are is just runabouts! Great for small lakes less than 160 acres or so, but on one like Draper or Thunderbird, a little dangerous when the wind comes up and you are far away from the ramp.
See if you can talk her into a fish & ski rig. That's how I got my fishing rig past my wife!
Resale value on those is really good too if you decide to trade up!
If ACman gets full suction on you, you're gonna become a pinhead, that's for sure!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking National Ski, its a IB V-8 powered stern drive tri-hull made just for pleasure cruising and skiing, very nice boats and its made for fishing for the two legged variety, not the stinky kind that eat worms.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Ski Nautique rocks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Of course my own personal kiss ass will be able to join us.  After which he should fill the gas tanks and wash my truck.

We aren't real big into skiing Dan.  Mostly just want something to have on the water.  

I searched for Ski Nautique but couldn't find pricing.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Of course my own personal kiss ass will be able to join us.  After which he should fill the gas tanks and wash my truck.

No poblem boss

We aren't real big into skiing Dan.  Mostly just want something to have on the water.  

I searched for Ski Nautique but couldn't find pricing.

the only half ass constructive thing i can add to this is a 20 ft wide beam flat bottom with a 50hp jet drive is bad ass for pulling a tube and fishing and hunting and generally jacking around in ....works on lake texoma or in the red river just dont drive through less than 3 inches of water ..

i know nothing about these high speed yuppy boat's yall are talkn bout .....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Josh, having ACman as  your own personal suck up can be dangerous. Don't get caught in a confined space with him - you could pass out from lack of oxygen. And make sure if you are inside with him that the doors open to the inside - that way he won't vacuum lock the doors closed where you can't get out!
And he won't flinch a bit when he finds out your ass is hairy as Bigfoot's!
ACman, the only rig I'd like to take on a river like the Cimarron is an airboat! Those things are unbelievable in shallow water! I haven't had a boat in several years. My son Matt started chasing women and left me without a decent fishing buddy. So I sold the boat. Now he's asking me "Would't you like to have another boat, Dad?" Inotherwords - buy me a boat, Dad, and you might get to use it once in a while!
Screw the kid - he can keep using a tube! One I bought of course!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a sad day when we turn down bass boats for jet skis
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's a sad day when we turn down bass boats for jet skis

Josh just hasn't figured out how to "manuever" his wife to the right decision yet!
He'll figure it out!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Ya'll might wanna think about runnin a water hose to the lake and start fillin them up if ya wanna use it...might put a winch on your truck as well...that way when you reach the back of the boat ramp and drive off into the mud there might be till you reach the way back there somewhere....you'll hopefully be able to get out once the boats unloaded.

And on a serious note, be careful...with water levels so low there might be crap stickin up or just right near the water level now that isn't normally there when lake levels are normal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top