Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2011 1:27:36 PM EDT
Can someone give me a lead on a Jax mechanic/shop that's affordable and reliable? My wife said her Camry is blowing smoke (purplish gray) on occasion.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you give us more info on the car.. Mileage ... Oil consumption .... Radiator fluid... check engine light... Ect..
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Better yet, what side of town are you on?

Got a buddy whos a desiel tech @ ford, been through the highest level of training, but does alot of side work on gas engines.

Also he only has 1 finger on each hand, dude is a beast.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Can you give us more info on the car.. Mileage ... Oil consumption .... Radiator fluid... check engine light... Ect..

'04 Camry
I think mileage is around 74K. I haven't checked the oil since I just found out tonight but I'm not aware of any problem.
Check engine light has been on since the day she got it and we gave up on the dealer ever fixing it.

Quoted:
Better yet, what side of town are you on?

Got a buddy whos a desiel tech @ ford, been through the highest level of training, but does alot of side work on gas engines.

Also he only has 1 finger on each hand, dude is a beast.

With 2 fingers he MUST be a beast. We're east towards the beach but on the townie side of the ICW.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you know what the check engine code is??
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#5]
No. I guess I'd need one of those diagnostic computers.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can someone give me a lead on a Jax mechanic/shop that's affordable and reliable? My wife said her Camry is blowing smoke (purplish gray) on occasion.

Tachyon Automotive, Inc.  
11747 Philips Highway, Suite 200-201
Jacksonville, FL 32256-1684  
Phone: (904) 367-0390
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 4:03:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No. I guess I'd need one of those diagnostic computers.

I got one here at work if you or the wife can run by when i, there

591-8906  Leon I will be at work tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 4:10:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys. I'll try to find out what her schedule is today. Our son woke her up early and she just passed me going to the restroom and got back in our bed (must've crashed with him) so I'll have to wait till she gets up again.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 4:15:54 AM EDT
[#9]
IM sent
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I appreciate everyone's input. Unfortunately the wife figured I was incapable of handling this task and ran to her dad instead. I don't know why I bother. Thanks anyway.

Slug-O, I might still try to hit you up for that computer
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:17:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Thats fine... I will be at work till 4 today..
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:10:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I appreciate everyone's input. Unfortunately the wife figured I was incapable of handling this task and ran to her dad instead. I don't know why I bother. Thanks anyway.

Slug-O, I might still try to hit you up for that computer

Either way, let me know exactly what the issue was and what the cost is going to be so I can compare it to what my guy would have charged..That way, if it's cheaper (which I'm sure it would have been), you can let her know and maybe she'll reconsider next time before running to Daddy ...Also, let me know if you still need the parts since I can get them at cost over at Toyota...
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks!

Can you get me a price on the driver's side cover for the windshield pillar? She broke it off somehow so all the wiring is exposed.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks!

Can you get me a price on the driver's side cover for the windshield pillar? She broke it off somehow so all the wiring is exposed.

ETA: nm, read back through the thread

Talked to my guy and he asked if it was it inside A Pillar..I figured so since you said wires were exposed..He mentioned that maybe it was just the clips so, do you still have the old cover? Either way, he's going to get back to me with the prices for both..I'll let you know ASAP..
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I wasn't sure which designation it had. It's the one that runs down the driver's side of the windshield. If they're A (front), B (middle), and C (rear) then I guess it's A.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wasn't sure which designation it had. It's the one that runs down the driver's side of the windshield. If they're A (front), B (middle), and C (rear) then I guess it's A.

He's off till Monday so, give me till then to get you the pricing...It's always about 5-10% over actual manufacturing cost..
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#17]
No worries. We're in Orlando for the weekend anyway. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:29:55 AM EDT
[#18]
try here for the pillar cover

and you are right on the pillar letters. A is the front windsheild and so on towards the back
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Surely I'm looking at the wrong thing.

Stock #AS5626: $250.11

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top