Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 3/31/2007 6:08:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/21/2007 11:01:56 PM EDT by ishoot2live]
Friends,

The “Drawing from the Holster” course is set for Saturday, April 21st, 2007. This course is a portion of the Line of Fire, LLC, 3-Day Intermediate Level Handgun Course.

The tuition is normally $150.00 per person, but I will offer the course to anyone from ARFcom (with a valid Nevada CCW permit and proper I.D.) for $125.00 per person, and it is only open to a maximum of six participants.

NOTE: Tuition must be paid in full, in advance, and once payment is received a full equipment list will be sent to each participant.

This 400 round course is one day in length and it covers safety, holster types, the fundamentals of deploying a handgun from the holster, drawing and shooting a handgun from various shooting positions, proper modes of carry, drawing under stress, shooting and moving, multiple target engagement, close quarter tactical drills, team shooting, shooting from cover, and proper handgun maintenance.

Also, if the participants are up to it I can set the start time for the course later in the day in order to provide a night (low-light) training session at no additional charge.

There will be approximately three hours of class time, then lunch, and then the rest of the day will be spent on the outdoor range at the Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club, in Boulder City.

If you take this course and wish to add a gun(s) (up to two) to your existing Nevada CCW permit, official qualification and range certification form will be provided free of charge. If you will be adding a gun(s) to your permit you will need and extra 50 rounds per gun.

Upon successful completion of this course all students will receive a completion certificate reflecting eight hours of contact handgun training.

PREREQUSITES:

1. Valid Nevada CCW Permit
2. Blue Registration Card for Each Handgun
3. Driver’s License or State Issued ID Card from any state

Some members on this board have already taken this course and the feedback after the course was very positive. As a matter of fact, some of the students from the last course are interested in taking it again.

Please Note: It is always better to discuss training issues personally on the telephone as opposed to going back and forth with IM's and/or E-mails. Therefore, if you are interested in this course please IM or E-mail me your contact number and the best time to call and I will personally call you to discuss this outstanding course.

If you are a Nevada CCW permit holder and you are out of state, you are welcome to attend this course, and if you IM or E-mail your contact number I will be happy to call you on my dime.

Be Safe.

Joseph Nizzari
Training Director
Line of Fire, LLC
Professional Firearms Training Group
CCW/Handgun Training Division
Las Vegas, Nevada
(702) 242-8288 (o)
(702) 324-3720 (c)
www.lineoffirellc.com

ETA: This is a CENTERFIRE, SEMI-AUTOMATIC ONLY handgun course for 9mm or higher caliber. Therefore, no revolvers, pocket pistols, or .22 caliber handguns of any type/action will be allowed. Additionally, no Race Guns, Lasers, or Optics will be allowed.

Also, only shooting side, Outside the Waistband (OWB) holsters will be allowed. No Shoulder, Small of the Back (SOB), Crossdraw, Ankle, Pocket, Fanny Pack, Inside the Waistband (IWB) or cheapo Gun Show Nylon type holsters will be allowed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2007 10:16:58 PM EDT
Took this class a few months ago, and it was great!!!!! Been keeping in touch with Ishoot, and he said that he's added alot of new stuff to the class. I'm in. Can't wait for the class. Keep us posted on date and time.
Link Posted: 3/31/2007 10:23:44 PM EDT
Excellent course to take, well worth the time and money!! I especially enjoyed the close quarter drills.
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 1:09:26 PM EDT
Definitely a great course. Everything is done professionally and in a safe environment.
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 4:31:15 PM EDT
Joe, do you offer courses on less-traditional types of carry (i.e. IWB, or pocket)? The course outline above seems like a fun time and a great opportunity to learn, but for me, I don't know that it would be practical. FWIW, I carry 24-sleeping/7/365, but never carry OWB.
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 6:57:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ThePirate:
Joe, do you offer courses on less-traditional types of carry (i.e. IWB, or pocket)? The course outline above seems like a fun time and a great opportunity to learn, but for me, I don't know that it would be practical. FWIW, I carry 24-sleeping/7/365, but never carry OWB.

Pirate,

Drawing from concealment from an Inside the Waistband holster is taught in my full, 3-Day Intermediate Level Course, and it is conducted on the third day after two days of training with a belt-mounted Outside the Waistband holster.

The 1-Day Holster Course that I am offering is just a slice of the longer, 3-Day course, and by the time my students get to drawing from an IWB holster in the 3-Day course they have had plenty of training drawing from the OWB holster.

I don't offer a "Pocket Pistol" course, so that is not an option.

Hope this helps.

Joe
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 8:49:20 PM EDT
Thanks Joe!
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 8:51:59 PM EDT
I am interested in this course. I took his CCW class and found it to be very good compared to the other CCW classes I've taken. I have been anxious to take more training with ishoot2live.
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 6:26:37 AM EDT
Joe,

How much are you charging for the full 3 day Int. Handgun course if we'd rather go that way?

And any word on another Beg. Rifles course coming up soon?

Link Posted: 4/3/2007 11:21:51 PM EDT
B_H,

The tuition for the 3-Day, 1200 round, Line of Fire, LLC, Intermediate Level Handgun Course is $600.00, and I do not have that course planned because of the Easter Holiday and student money issues. Unfortunately, not everyone that wants to attend that course has the money or the time. They keep asking me, but when I offer the course most inquiring minds back out for one reason or another. That is why I have offered the more affordable 1-Day Holster Course in the meantime.

Please keep in mind that the 1-Day Holster Course is a great prerequisite to the longer and more demanding 3-Day ILHG Course.

I do not have a scheduled rifle course right now because of the same issues: student money issues and time constraints.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Link Posted: 4/4/2007 6:29:41 AM EDT
My only issue is the drive from here to BC range

Maybe we can set something up when I get back. I know the wife wants to do the rifle and pistol course.

Do you incorporate any transition drills in the rifle course?
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 12:34:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ANIMUS:
My only issue is the drive from here to BC range

Maybe we can set something up when I get back. I know the wife wants to do the rifle and pistol course.

Do you incorporate any transition drills in the rifle course?

Yes,

Both the Rifle Course and Shotgun Course are transitional courses.
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 10:11:57 PM EDT
Okay. What are your ammo requirements for the rifle course? I will start ordering some ammo so we will be able to set something up when I get back. I know it's a few months off but time flies when you're having fun
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 10:37:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ANIMUS:
Okay. What are your ammo requirements for the rifle course? I will start ordering some ammo so we will be able to set something up when I get back. I know it's a few months off but time flies when you're having fun

1000 Rifle and 200 Pistol.

No reloads for either. Only factory jacketed, or Mil-Spec.

Be Safe.

Joe

Link Posted: 4/6/2007 8:10:38 PM EDT
Joe, I'm up for the Holster course. Even got approval from the spousal unit.

Just need to find out what date you want to do this on. This weekend and next don't look too good, however.
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 11:52:46 AM EDT
Poll Added.
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 1:52:43 PM EDT
Ready and willing to go anytime Joe... As per our conversation on the landline last nite, I am pretty much equipped to go... Anytime for me.... love being RETIRED!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 12:00:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/14/2007 12:55:49 AM EDT by ishoot2live]
It looks like Saturday, April 21st, is shaping up.

Please post your name in this thread if the 21st, works for you and I will keep a running list of of the commited students.

Be Safe.

Joe
(702) 242-8288

Here's what I have so far:

1. nevjohn

2. Slimpickins28
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 8:29:44 AM EDT
Joe, I'll be getting off shift that Saturday at 0800 - plus factor in the drive to where ever you are having us meet. If that is not a problem I am in.

Scot
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 10:59:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Scot45:
Joe, I'll be getting off shift that Saturday at 0800 - plus factor in the drive to where ever you are having us meet. If that is not a problem I am in.

Scot

No Problem Scot,

Although I haven't set a start time yet, I don't think that will be a problem at all.

I'll call you to firm things up..

Be Safe.

Joe
(702) 242-8288
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 11:00:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/13/2007 12:01:51 PM EDT by ishoot2live]
April 21st.

1. nevjohn

2. Slimpickins28

3. Scot45

Link Posted: 4/12/2007 11:12:22 AM EDT
Sounds good Joe. I'll plan on bringing my gear with me to the station and heading straight to class afterwards.
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 10:00:00 PM EDT
Joe-
I know you've just said that you don't have one of your 3-day courses scheduled, but if you decide to have one later this year I am definitely interested. The cost is reasonable enough, considering it doesn't involve traveling to Arizona or Oregon. I would love to take the one day course later this month, but I am already scheduled to work just about every day (including weekends ) until mid-May.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 11:49:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/13/2007 12:29:43 PM EDT by ishoot2live]
Hey Guys/Gals,

There are five votes for Saturday the 21st, and two votes (one is mine so I could view the poll results) for "Anytime, I'm Flexible." That should equal six students and I only have three names.

If you haven't listed your name and you want to attend this course on the 21st, please post your name so I can add it to the rest of the committed participants.

You can list your name here on the board, but to actually book your place in the course tuition must be paid in full and in advance.

Thanks.

Be Safe.

Joe

April 21st.

1. nevjohn

2. Slimpickins28

3. Scot45

Link Posted: 4/14/2007 7:38:44 AM EDT
Woo Hooo can't wait for next weekend. This is going to be fun.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 12:07:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Slmpickins28:
Woo Hooo can't wait for next weekend. This is going to be fun.

Thanks Slm,

I'll see you there.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 2:39:30 PM EDT
Slm.... will be nice shooting with you again this coming Saturday...

John
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 3:49:58 PM EDT
Joe, sent you a check for the class.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 7:42:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By nevjohn:
Slm.... will be nice shooting with you again this coming Saturday...

John

Yeah it'll be nice shooting with you also. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 8:36:47 PM EDT
Joe, I just saw this thread and am VERY interested in this course. I will get ahold of you by Wed to let you know if I have the time to do it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 2:21:14 AM EDT
hey joe..

is it too late to get in on this???
jon..
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 4:33:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pballjunkie666:
hey joe..

is it too late to get in on this???
jon..

Jon,

I have two spots open.

You're welcome to fill one, or if you have a friend that wants to attend you can take both of them.

Let me know as soon as you can, Bro.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:38:13 PM EDT
Status Bump.

There are still two spots available.

April 21st.

1. nevjohn

2. Slimpickins28

3. Scot45

4. BroncoGlenn

5. Open

6. Open
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:13:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/20/2007 9:59:53 PM EDT by ishoot2live]
Final Bump.

COURSE CLOSED

April 21st.

1. nevjohn

2. Slimpickins28

3. Scot45

4. BroncoGlenn

5. Taken

6. Taken
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:20:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/22/2007 1:28:38 AM EDT by ishoot2live]
COURSE COMPLETED

I'd like to thank everyone who participated in the first Jason Christensen Memorial "Drawing From The Holster Course."

Everyone did an OUTSTANDING job, and I want to congratulate everyone on a "Job Well Done!" I would especially like to thank all of the adjunct instructional staff who assisted in making this course a safe and successful event.

As most of you know, Jason wanted to take the course, but unfortunately on Sunday, April 15th, Jason passed away quietly in his sleep at the young age of 37.

Jason was a very close friend of mine. He was one of my students, a fellow shooter, a family man, and an all around outstanding individual. I know that Jason's work here on Earth was fulfilled, and even though I am still coming to grips with his passing, I know that the good Lord needed him more than we did.

After some time passes I will present his widow with a posthumous Certificate of Completion for the Holster Course.

Once again, thank you all for your hard work on this course, and thank you Jason for looking down on us today and keeping us safe.

I miss you, Bro.

Be Safe.

Joe
OUT

ETA:
Top Top