Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/4/2003 9:38:01 PM EDT
Anyone been to J&G Sales in Prescott? I might be going this week.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:30:23 PM EDT
Yup, been there a couple of times, a not bad place to shop.
Their ammo deals aren't as good as they used to be though.
Now they mostly deal in Wolf and S&B ammo, with the occational SA battle pack (.308), they do have a good selection of hard to find ammo as well.

Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:30:23 PM EDT

I stopped in about a year ago, when I was camping at the summit by Jerome. It's an old building with shitty parking. SouthWest side of town. When I was their a trucker was trying to back out of the business next door. He hit a car that was parked ilegaly behind him. He got out his digital camera and took a picture of the car. In his picture behind the car was a city sign that said no parking. He said he was glad he hit the car. Since it was parked illegaly and he had proof.

Anyway when I walked in I had about six people ask me if they could help me. All I buy from them is Wolf 7.62X39 HP. Also if you want, call ahead and see if you can get a tour at the Ruger Firearms plant.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:51:32 AM EDT
Don't like 'em. More headaches in purchasing a gun than I have had anywhere else. "We'll sell you the gun, AFTER we're done running you through all these unnecessary hoops." If you question it, "It's the law." It ain't.

Prices aren't as good as you might think. But all that said, it's worth a visit if you've never been there.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:53:46 PM EDT
Just dont buy any parts kits from them, or you will have JBT's kicking your front door.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:03:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Chairborne_Ranger:
Don't like 'em. More headaches in purchasing a gun than I have had anywhere else. "We'll sell you the gun, AFTER we're done running you through all these unnecessary hoops." If you question it, "It's the law." It ain't.

Man! I hear that. I had to fill the "paperwork" out 3 friggin' times, before it was "acceptable". (buying a rifle)
AB
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:20:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 2:55:35 AM EDT
I will NEVER buy a single item from them as long as I live. Worst experience I have ever had with an FFL...

Went to buy a Maadi a few years back and when I wanted to see them, they would only show me 2. If I wanted to see more, there was a $5 fee! WTF! So, I settled for one that was decent and when it came time to fill out the 4473, my address had changed on my drivers license. I clearly followed the law and let MVD and DPS know of the change and they said to just write it on the back. Well, that wasn't good enough for the idiots at J&G. They said it was FEDERAL LAW! I had to go to the MVD in Prescott at 4:00 on a friday and get a new license, then go back to J&G. I wasn't leaving w/o that Maadi..I should have, but I drove 2 hours up there and jumped through the hoops. I got there and they were closed! I was pissed. I beat on the door and they weren't going to let me in until the manager agreed because of all the trouble I went to.. I swore it would be my last trip up there and it was...

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:12:09 AM EDT
... A buddy and me have been making a trip to Prescott a few times a year for years. Usually for ammo, but quite often for other stuff. They know us; know that we have CCW (no PITA phone in background checks) and know we spend money.

... I've never really had a bad experience there but I do know that their once noticeably lower pricing structure isn't as noticeable these days. Another thing interesting, the last few times I've been to their place, folks had made a trip over from California to make purchases. Remember, if it's just ammo, they are usually at most of the larger fun-shows in Phoenix.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:15:52 PM EDT
Go to their site and look for yourself.
http://www.jgsales.com/

I have had good purchases from them.

They are very afraid of the BATF, as one mistake would make headlines in the Arizona Republic and cost them their store.

Link Posted: 8/9/2003 1:56:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By albob:

Originally Posted By Chairborne_Ranger:

Man! I hear that. I had to fill the "paperwork" out 3 friggin' times, before it was "acceptable". (buying a rifle)
AB

Hell yah, I had to fill out 3 times too. They are damn paperwork NAZI's.......
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 10:55:40 AM EDT
They will never be hung by the BATF for erroneous paperwork, that is for sure. They are decent guys and they have a good selection of stuff, but there prices are not much cheaper than competition. Has anyone looked at JoeKen Firearms out of Winslow?
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 12:13:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Jeff_Davis_was_Right:
They will never be hung by the BATF for erroneous paperwork, that is for sure. They are decent guys and they have a good selection of stuff, but there prices are not much cheaper than competition. Has anyone looked at JoeKen Firearms out of Winslow?

Watch out! Very slow to respond to email inquiries, usually not a very good sign. I have family in Winslow, and no one seems to know who is running the place.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:44:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jeff_Davis_was_Right:
... Has anyone looked at JoeKen Firearms out of Winslow?

... Yes I have, and it took two months to unfuck the problem. I'd stay away until they can manage the business better.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:33:50 PM EDT
Checked out J&G last Wednesday. Not a bad place, but service was a little slow, even though they weren't that busy.

Picked up 500 rounds of Korean .30-06 ammo for my Garand. Made sure I got the "PS" headstamp production, which is supposed to be non-corrosive. Shot some with my brother last Saturday. Pretty good stuff.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:20:44 PM EDT
I'm thinking of buy a SKS from them this Wednesday (days off). I gone up there before and have been treated good. Any input on the SKS rifle, fun to shoot, cheap ammo.
Later,
Gavino
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:44:02 PM EDT
I can’t say I have been there but I have purchase ammo from them a few times ( about 20,000rds) with no problems at a good price and they did not gouge me on the shipping.
Top Top